Sponsored

Sliding rear window. Did you order it for your Maverick? Is it useful?

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered it. It was cheap, and better to have it now and not need it, than to want it later? Makes a nice opening for the dog or grand daughter!

I think some people think of this is a small window, but that is more of just a visual artifact. I think the window is almost as big, when you include the frame, as what you see from the inside of the truck. From the outside it looks smaller as the back is more glass which hides the frame and is not anything visible. You see this same thing on the Gladiator.

I would not put anything heavy in this space, maybe some PVC or a long broom handle!

Fakegrownup

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't order it. In old school compact trucks without a back seat and rear windows it was a necessity, but with rear windows I don't think I'd ever use it (plus my dog is strictly a front seat prince 😂).

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I ordered an xl. I would have got the window because it was cheap, doesn't look very useful though.

I won't add copilot to get it

A51Maverick88

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda CR-V EX manual
I ordered it, along with the sunroof. I got 2 kids and a small dog in the back so I'll need all the ventilation I can get.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I ordered more for the dog.... She is new to being in the kennel in the back of a truck so I want to be able to talk to her and maybe the daughter to put hand through and pet her...
For me, I would have to open or close it by hand with the truck stopped not very convenient My Ridgeline was powered and nice!

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the images scattered hither and yon, and the 'build site' images, at first I thought the window was a little thing, not worth it for the expense.
I then saw an image taken from inside the truck, I think at an auto show, but whatever, that showed the manual sliding window to be a lot larger than the 'details' image shown on the build site.
I think the image shown is for a power operated rear slider, and it is a lot smaller, and a lot more expensive than the manual.
I have had a Ranger for 30 years that has a slider that has proven useful a number of times, so I ordered the manual slider, actually added it after submitting the order.
I doubt aftermarket rear sliders of any sort will become available. I think there will be aftermarket bed covers and a lot of other items. I limited myself to those things that are likely to NOT be available aftermarket.
tom

mikey44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, 2021 Chevrolet Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sliding rear window is the primary reason I didn't order a Lariat! I hate those damn things. I've had 4 Chevy Colorado's in the past, 3 with those windows and within a month of purchase, replaced that window on each one with a solid read window. Looks so much cleaner and the view in the rearview mirror is not obscured. As you can tell, I just don't like 'em!

rich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gmc canyon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no slider,if i want air in the back, i just open the back windows.

xaja34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
I'm thinking of a hitch-mounted bed extender for long loads.
About $100.
Anyone have good or bad experience with one of these?
t1.jpg

I have one. Works great. I've carried 14' 2x4s in full size truck but should work in Maverick.

Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very useful - you want instant air on a hot Summer day - there’s the window, you want to pass through to the bed - there’s the window! Got it on my Maverick - had one on every truck I have owned - the rear window is very useful and at $155 bucks - to me you can’t go wrong!

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did not order one for my Maverick. My dog loved the one on my 89 Ranger when we went to the recycling center. She would clime out on the bed cover and talk to everyone.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Just drove home from work with the back glass and the sunroof open on a nice 70 degree day. I highly recommend it and the sunroof!

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just drove home from work with the back glass and the sunroof open on a nice 70 degree day. I highly recommend it and the sunroof!
This is what I was thinking. That very rare occasion when I want to open the sun roof and the back glass on a beautiful day and get that through air flow.

Lindsey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lindsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking of a hitch-mounted bed extender for long loads.
About $100.
Anyone have good or bad experience with one of these?
t1.jpg
Use one pretty often, highly recommend.
Sponsored