Sponsored

Should You Get the Rear Sliding Window ?

Phil37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen, 2012 VW Routan
I thought about getting it for the added ventilation but ended up skipping it.
Sponsored

Reactions: TCK

BullyHayes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Frontier Pro-4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a power rear sliding window in my Titan and love it. Definitely want one for my next (possibly Maverick) vehicle.
1. It allows for a smoother airflow with the windows open and
2. My German Shepherd loves sticking his head out to watch the cars behind us.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I owned a compact pickup for 9yrs in the recent past, without a sliding rear window, and I can't even recall a time when it would have been useful. All I could think about when seeing that option was what a hassle it would be if my kids broke it screwing around, and they would. It's "only" $150, but I could think of a zillion ways I'd get more utility out of $150.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I added it to my build, I thought with the sunroof and crew cab, possibly it would help the airflow.

If it was a regular cab with no sunroof, doubtful. My F150 regular cab was annoying to drive with the constant whistling from the sliding rear window, I ended up just leaving it closed and sealing it off at one point. Really hoping it doesn’t whistle the same in the Maverick but worst case, it’ll be something for a dog to stick it’s head out for a minute lol.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never opened mine when I had the Silverado, but I spec'd the Maverick with the sliding window anyway, lol. A truck is supposed to have a sliding rear window. Wish it was power though.
I swapped in a electric slider on my 04 silverado. It was only a single cab but it worked off the key fob to vent truck on a hot day . Now my sport trac rear window has always given me problems new motor 2 new switches and sometimes it pops out in vent mode for no reason. After market manual slide for me on the mav

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the one on the ranger is about the same size- you can go look at it and decide. I decided nope.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had one on my current truck until some dumbass I lent it to broke the rear window. When I got it fixed, doing it with the window would have required me to wait a week so I went with just the plain glass. Haven't missed it one bit.
Thou shalt not lend thy Maverick...

MPier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have one on my 2019 F150 and realized I barely knew where the button was to open it. I may have opened it 8 times in 3 years. So of course I added it to my build.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have one on my 2019 F150 and realized I barely knew where the button was to open it. I may have opened it 8 times in 3 years. So of course I added it to my build.
If you want to remember where the button is and have young kids at home decorate it a annually with the kids as a leprechaun trap🥰!

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a first time pickup truck buyer and was wondering if it's worth getting the rear sliding window. Does it restrict visibility when viewing through the rear view mirror ? Do they leak ? Is it a security issue with break ins ? Thank You.
I ordered it for the ventilation. Do I need it? I don't know. I like fresh air.. We got our last Honda CRV with a moonroof. We rarely use it.

Sponsored

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used it, bought new door trim 84” at Home Depot (3 doors) and ran it into the cab and down to the base of the tailgate. Only issue was it touched the inside roof so I put a towel under it so it wouldn’t slide and possible rip the material. A lot quicker and easier than lowering the tailgate, strapping it down and throwing a flag on it.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered it for the ventilation. Do I need it? I don't know. I like fresh air.. We got our last Honda CRV with a moonroof. We rarely use it.
Open fully or partially with HVAC vent set on fresh air fan only and increase air flow through cab without using cooling compressor. This will help reduce solar temp rise in closed cab. If windows are lowered while driving opening the back glass slider should help greatly with the cavatation popping sound while driving at speed.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use it as an excuse to 3d print a window screen frame to keep mosquitoes out 🤗

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How about 3d printing a wind spinner so you can check how much air flow is happening when it's open. Lots of possibilities = bobble heads, hula figures, etc!

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually used mine today. It is great. So glad I ordered it. When it's open and you look out the rear view mirror everything is shiny and bright.
Sponsored