Sponsored

Should You Get the Rear Sliding Window ?

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a first time pickup truck buyer and was wondering if it's worth getting the rear sliding window. Does it restrict visibility when viewing through the rear view mirror ? Do they leak ? Is it a security issue with break ins ? Thank You.
Sponsored

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I opted out for it on my xl because they made you add the 360.

I saw the window in person and it's pretty useless to use as a pass through.

If I got the xlt or higher I say get it for 155

MHTR2018

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Ford F150
I am a first time pickup truck buyer and was wondering if it's worth getting the rear sliding window. Does it restrict visibility when viewing through the rear view mirror ? Do they leak ? Is it a security issue with break ins ? Thank You.
GET IT! Every now and then you will need to pick-up a 8-10' piece of molding, pvc, etc.

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I don't trust sticking any long piece thru a window where it will bounce on the actual window since its more of a rear window portal, not a full height slider.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GET IT! Every now and then you will need to pick-up a 8-10' piece of molding, pvc, etc.
Exactly! Had one on my 2002 Tacoma, and it came in handy many times!

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I like sliding back glass in a truck. It's handy for airflow and venting in the summer months. Additionally, It's no more security risk than having glass on a car is period. If you're worried someone could get in through there you might want look at the size of it again, there'd need to be a trained baby involved in order to break into the vehicle. Much easier to just break another window.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming that you're looking to maximize utility, then you would want the Co-pilot 360 simply to get power side mirrors. At that point, the sliding window is a mere $155. You would likely regret not having the slider before regretting that you ordered it. It's a potentially more practical option than the moon roof that many opt for. Just my opinion...

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had one on my current truck until some dumbass I lent it to broke the rear window. When I got it fixed, doing it with the window would have required me to wait a week so I went with just the plain glass. Haven't missed it one bit.

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it for the ventilation and have had one on all the previous trucks I have owned. That being said, they were all either single cab or extended cabs and I could reach it from the drivers seat. I don't think that would be possible in the Maverick, but then have not sat in one to see. The Lariat has the power rear sliding window and I have no idea why that wasn't the option on the XL and XLT. If I get one, it will be the Lariat trim, so it shouldn't be an issue opening it from the driver's seat!

Sponsored

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got it for the occasional piece of PVC which won't break the window, the grand daughter will use it as a pass thru and for some months the pup will use it for fresh air. No more security issues than the glass on the rest of the truck. All in all, for $155 well worth it.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's worth the money.

1. When you tell someone in the back seat to grab you one too and to also dispose of empty cans.
2. If you plan on a Topper or not, it will come in handy eventually especially on trips.
3. If you have a pet dog or kids in the back.
4. Launching a fishing boat, communicating when loading and unloading.
5. Air Flow
6. One of those things that's nice to have when you need it, even if you only use a few times.
7. Because I want one.

Last edited:

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They can be very handy for some but others may not want one (me) so it's really up to the individual buyer.

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added it for my XL Poverty trim. Went from having an XLT lux to XL while getting what I need. I added the in cab 110V and I’ll just keep an extension cord around instead of having the rarely used in bed 110V (this works since I never use cruise, live in SoCal so heating stuff is largely unused, dark interior vs light seating material, extra bed hooks aren’t that needed).
Sponsored