First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called and added it to mine today. It seems like A LOT of people think they'll use it, so I added it for re-sale value. I didn't initially want it because the truck has AC. I've only ever used the rear window on my Ranger for air circulation. I could see it being nice for dogs or other things though.
Sponsored

Hingeman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SIlverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone else notice? When I built my Maverick and added the rear window. In the details it lists the window twice. Once as in interior add-on and also as an exterior add on. Also charged me $155 twice.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I wasn't a fan of sliding windows, or at least the old framed-style. In my experience, they rattle and leak water. Haven't had a late-model Ford with the recessed slider.

I'm not a fan of carrying long materials inside the vehicle. I'd rather not take a bundle of pipe or a couple 2x4s to the neck and lose control of the vehicle. It's a lot easier to safely secure materials to a couple roof rack crossbars or a headache rack than try to rig something with the grab handles, seat rails, or similar.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone else notice? When I built my Maverick and added the rear window. In the details it lists the window twice. Once as in interior add-on and also as an exterior add on. Also charged me $155 twice.
It was that way on my online build, but when we entered it into the computer to place the order I was only charged once for it

Sponsored

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope you remember to close your manual slider.. I like the idea of the power slider on the Lariat. Makes it easy to open and close for ventilation. My 2002 4runner has a power back window that I use all the time.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope you remember to close your manual slider.. I like the idea of the power slider on the Lariat. Makes it easy to open and close for ventilation. My 2002 4runner has a power back window that I use all the time.
I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but my old f150 has no ac and used to the old 360 air. Three window open at 60mph. Just opening that little window with the side window cracked pushes through a lot of air. Will like it in the spring when it's too hot for heat and too cold for ac and helps with the hybrid setup not running either.

rtkegger

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado
I have had full size crew cab trucks with and without a slider. If you try driving a crew cab with the front windows open and no slider to open, the wind buffeting will drive you crazy. I assumed the same issue possible on the Maverick, so I ordered a slider.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On xl you have to get cp360 to get the rear window, seems crazy. I dont really want 360 or want to hold up my build. Would get just the window option though if I could, really like the power slider in my f250.

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the mauanl silder on the XLT since both my other trucks had sliders. I use them a lot passing through long items.

However, after I ordered I saw how small the slider was and saw how it had glass above and below. I think I would be afraid to pass anything through it. I left it on the order because it was easier than changing the order.

I keep my vehicles a long time and on my current truck the slider rear window along with the side windows is the only form of AC I have. :)

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not get the sliding rear window. Went with solid glass. When the XL stated you needed CP360 to get it, I said forget that. Then I upgraded to an XLT and forgot to check and see if it could be had as a stand alone option. I figured it would require CP360 there too. Oh well you live and you learn I guess. If I decide I want one later on, I can always have a glass place glue one in.

Harleystreetbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
harley electra glide maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had power rear sliding window in the ridgeline I used quite often but the manual one in the mav I have left open a few times but is too small for anyone to crawl through,its great to have for long items and really helps with the mav cause wind buffeting is horrible on our trucks

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I rented a Ridgeline with sunroof and power rear window, I opened the rear window and tilted the roof. Nice fresh air and very little noise even on highway. Between that and the dog who is a fixture in the back seat on the weekend I'm looking forward to a power rear window.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My arm is too short.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally was a fan and have it on my current Maverick but it turns out to be useless for me and my MY23 Maverick that I will be ordering on 8/2 will not have the window.

My reasons is that it is too small and too high to be useful for hauling long items from the bed through it. My old 1998 Ranger has a much larger and tall sliding window that was useful but the one on the Maverick is useless.
Sponsored