First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s a small window. I get the airflow and transport of lumber advantages but I’m mainly concerned about visibility. This is directed to all those who already have a Maverick with this feature. What is the visibility like looking through the mirror? I’m unsure whether to cancel this option as my build date per my dealer is any day now. Haven’t received that email from Ford but dealer says it will likely come in a few days so any changes need to be made now.
I just purchased the N Santa Cruz - the top of the line Limited ... it has a sliding window, fully manual - 1. it is a challenge to get back there and open it when needed. 2. I agree about the visibility... I don't know yet, but I do believe from photos I have seen, that the Maverick's window set up is slightly better - since the Mav is wider. I am looking forward to having both - wish that darn Mav would get built!!
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I thought you meant in the bed hanging out. Its funny because I actually need to replace a deck that uses 5/4 x 6” x 10’ lumber, only problem is I need 40 and that would take about 10 trips to Home Depot. Also my trucks not delivered yet which is a bigger problem.
Gotcha, that's not my pic anyway. It's from another thread on the forums. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/why-i-got-the-sliding-rear-window.7963/

If you need 40 5/4 x 6” x 10’ then perhaps the delivery option from your local home center or lumber yard is a better option.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn’t want to put a lot of weight on the window, Lowes and Home Depot charge $80 for delivery which isn’t bad since lumber is so expensive now.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn’t bother me a’bit. Here’s a view from the inside.

E25797EC-682C-434C-A435-FA1A4F5605BD.jpeg
I don't even notice the sliding window. The head rests are a bigger pain and since I seldom have rear seat passengers the head rests are stored under the seats.

I have always removed rear headrests in every vehicle I owned. No kids=no headrests needed....makes for great visibility.

Pmason

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to sound like everyone's dad here, but they are Head "Restraints" not Head "Rests". If you have rear occupants, please make sure you have them installed.

If you drive around 99% of the time without rear occupants, then sure, take them off and store them.

However, if you have a rear occupant, it is a "restraint" that reduces whiplash and prohibits the head from hitting the glass first, then causing who knows what kind of impact injury in addition to any debris. They are there as a federal mandated safety item and seats cannot ship without them.

They aren't there just to "rest" your head, they are there for your occupants safety.

Ok, I'll stop preaching now, as I can hear the eye rolls already....ha!
Thank-you,I learned something today that I will always remember.

Sponsored

jarrodmeyer

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
I haven't noticed any blind spot issues, and wouldn't get a truck without the beer window regardless of the visibility.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Patrick G.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Exp. Sport Trac, 06 Suburban, 18 Explorer
The sliding window is fine for visibility but the head rests are the bigger issue. I've removed my head rests and they are in the storage bin underneath the seat. The visibility is much better with the side head rests off. I'm glad I got the sliding window and would've regretted not getting it.

Ford Maverick Sliding rear window visibility issues 20220205_132158

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
these pictured are all manual sliders. Any pics with power? Assuming that latch is gone

Patrick G.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like both of these are auto slides

Ford Maverick Sliding rear window visibility issues Screenshot_20220205-173754_Chrome

Ford Maverick Sliding rear window visibility issues Screenshot_20220205-173538_Chrome

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
much cleaner

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just purchased the N Santa Cruz - the top of the line Limited ... it has a sliding window, fully manual - 1. it is a challenge to get back there and open it when needed. 2. I agree about the visibility... I don't know yet, but I do believe from photos I have seen, that the Maverick's window set up is slightly better - since the Mav is wider. I am looking forward to having both - wish that darn Mav would get built!!

If you are a senior then. You should not risk visibility issues......window is fin e for all of us who hav e no vision problems..

ladyhawkgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

why do we need to have CoPilot 360 just to get a sliding window?

Patrick G.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a small window. I get the airflow and transport of lumber advantages but I’m mainly concerned about visibility. This is directed to all those who already have a Maverick with this feature. What is the visibility like looking through the mirror? I’m unsure whether to cancel this option as my build date per my dealer is any day now. Haven’t received that email from Ford but dealer says it will likely come in a few days so any changes need to be made now.
I have a manual sliding window and the visibility is fine for me.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a manual sliding window and the visibility is fine for me.
Got a Lariat, remote slider. Rear window has “privacy glass”, meaning a dark tint. OK, no problem. Except that, when the window is open, at the overlap it is double dark. Can be hard to see through at times.
Ford……..the solution is to have it open towards the opposite side, behind the driver.
Other than that, wouldn’t be without the opener!
Sponsored