Sponsored

ms32113

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LS400 1993
Of course there is a catch. I've bought from dealers who do this before. The catch is you must service it exclusively at their dealership and by their schedules.

It is not worth the paper it is written on. That's why they offer it for free.
No catch...this is Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent, Wa. Here is a link about it:
Not meaning to hijack this post, but looking at the sign behind those trucks, how come most major dealerships don't do a Lifetime Limited Warranty? I keep my vehicles up to date on all services, is there a catch?
No catch...here is a link for you.
https://www.bowenscarff.com/limited-warranty
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's gotta be some fisheye distortion to this shot that's exaggerating the difference. This just doesn't look right!
A lot of these size pictures are lessons in the subtleties of forced perspective and lens distortions.

Kelanc

First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini coop
That is illegal. As long as you have it service per the recommended intervals they must honor warranty.
I ordered mine in Illinois but live in Florida. (Cheaper) We are still going over “dealer options”,... any recommendations since I’ll only be up north once a year?( if you can’t tell this is my FIRST new vehicle, let alone my first Ford.)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While waiting on my unit to be detailed, took a picture of all 4 current trucks side by side for comparison. Maverick is much smaller than all 3 of it's big brothers but not by much compared to the ranger.

20211008_170322.jpg
If you would take the picture from the same angle from the left side of straight on they would appear closer to the same size?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They've all gotten so absurdly large.....glad Maverick is bringing back a dose of reality. Granted, some require that size of a truck - but a large number do not, however "bigger is better" sells. Have no need for that size of a truck, nor do I have the want for it. Most of my trucks have been small trucks....and now have had a pretty much bulletproof Silverado for the last 15 years - but was so ready to get back to a smaller truck. Timing was perfect for Maverick as I was considering a small SUV (ie Bronco Sport) - Maverick was just right.
Been waiting for decent sized pickup since I sold my Chev luv in 93 (messed up by not buying back in 95 for towing and storage when I got notice to come pick up my (since purchaser had not changed title) truck). Maverick would look gigantic in pic next to my 1962(?) Nissan (motorized street legal wheelbarrow).

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered mine in Illinois but live in Florida. (Cheaper) We are still going over “dealer options”,... any recommendations since I’ll only be up north once a year?( if you can’t tell this is my FIRST new vehicle, let alone my first Ford.)
Which options?

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is illegal. As long as you have it service per the recommended intervals they must honor warranty.
No, not really…. You see they make the rules for “Their” product. It’s not like buying a Ford ESP, it’s like buying Carshield or Endurance Aftermarket warranty. They decide what’s important. People were buying Granger Ford for a deal and I found out that they don’t sell the for Extended Warranty….. they sell some after market deal…. Great if you plan on using Granger.. not so hot if you use another Ford Dealer… you have to check to see if they will honor the contract.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, not really…. You see they make the rules for “Their” product. It’s not like buying a Ford ESP, it’s like buying Carshield or Endurance Aftermarket warranty. They decide what’s important. People were buying Granger Ford for a deal and I found out that they don’t sell the for Extended Warranty….. they sell some after market deal…. Great if you plan on using Granger.. not so hot if you use another Ford Dealer… you have to check to see if they will honor the contract.
Sorry...the FTC has ruled that it is illegal for them not to honor warranty as long as the oem standards were met no matter who did the work, even yourself. This is federal law.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/auto-warranties-and-service-contracts

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry...the FTC has ruled that it is illegal for them not to honor warranty as long as the oem standards were met no matter who did the work, even yourself. This is federal law.
The dealer you bought the car from will honor the work… but not all dealers are subject to your contract with that particular dealer. Example: you go to your local mechanic and he tuned up your car, warranty for 3 months. 2 months later car won’t start… you have to get the car back to him, not any other mechanic…. It’s his contract with you…. In this case it’s not Firds contract with you… it’s the particular dealers contract.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again that’s a manufacturer warranty… not a stand alone dealer warranty…. The dealer will sell you what he wants, and what he makes more money on. The “Ford” warranty is nationwide; absolutely. But the deal you make with the dealer is not enforceable to other dealers who don’t sell that off brand contract.
No read it. Dealer warranties too.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again that’s a manufacturer warranty… not a stand alone dealer warranty…. The dealer will sell you what he wants, and what he makes more money on. The “Ford” warranty is nationwide; absolutely. But the deal you make with the dealer is not enforceable to other dealers who don’t sell that off brand contract.
And you might have to take to them for warranty work...but it WILL be covered.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And you might have to take to them for warranty work...but it WILL be covered.
Yes absolutely.. but some dealers in the mid west are selling Mavericks at 4% under invoice to out of state buyers with their own warranties…. Not Fords. How do you get your Truck back to them for repair. Scary.. enjoy your day

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab had these dimensions:

203″ L x 69″ W x 64-68″ H

My new Ford Maverick has these dimensions:

200″ L x 73″ W x 69″ H

So the Maverick is 3" shorter, and 4" wider than my old Ranger.
Good to know that the Maverick will fit just fine in my garage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The current 2021 Ford Ranger SuperCab/SuperCrew has these dimensions:

211″ L x 78″ W x 71″ H

So almost a foot longer and 5" wider than the Maverick.
Sponsored