John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just made the first run to COSTCO since owning the Mav.

I must say the low side walls were nice,.... very nice.... I didn't have to strain to get items in and out; and I didn't have to crawl into the bed.
Sponsored

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ranger driver couldn't park to save their life!
No that is intentional. I see it all the time. It keeps people from sneaking up real close to the bed of the truck and they can't load what they buy in the bed. Now if he or she had parked it across on a diagonal or taken four spaces we would just call then Karen and box them in with shopping carts.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not on the Ranger, but yeah on the Maverick people notice it.
I think they were referring to the placement of wheel being right behind the cab, not referring to wheel within the wheel well.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick grill looks more trucky to me. Like it much better. The big lamps on the Mav both front and rear give the Mav more visual mass.

Also I could swear I saw another Mav from a distance. Up close it was a Nissan Frontier. Basically the same size and stance as the Maverick. Mav isn't that small. But I think the Ranger has no place any more.

Nissan stock photo.
1668281307836.png
Dare you to copy/paste this post on a Ranger forum. 😄

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it just me or does the rear wheel placement on the Ranger seem odd? Too far forward.
Agree, but all euro/australian utes have that weird short wheelbase with tailgate hanging way past the rear axle. Not a fan of that compared to full-size trucks where the rear axle isn’t right behind the cab.

Never have liked the current gen of Ranger, because it is obvious it was designed for euro market and was just brought over here afterwards.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No that is intentional. I see it all the time. It keeps people from sneaking up real close to the bed of the truck and they can't load what they buy in the bed. Now if he or she had parked it across on a diagonal or taken four spaces we would just call then Karen and box them in with shopping carts.
This has to be one of the most boneheaded things I've ever heard. If someone is so worried about another vehicle blocking their bed they should park nose first in the spot. Still selfish Karen behavior. They either have zero spatial intelligence or they just think the world revolves around them.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick grill looks more trucky to me. Like it much better. The big lamps on the Mav both front and rear give the Mav more visual mass.

Also I could swear I saw another Mav from a distance. Up close it was a Nissan Frontier. Basically the same size and stance as the Maverick. Mav isn't that small. But I think the Ranger has no place any more.

Nissan stock photo.
1668281307836.png
There's absolutely a place for mid-size trucks like Ranger. Sales numbers hold steady year after year. They are the next logical step up when you need more Truck capability than entry level unibody vehicles like Maverick can provide.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There's absolutely a place for mid-size trucks like Ranger. Sales numbers hold steady year after year. They are the next logical step up when you need more Truck capability than entry level unibody vehicles like Maverick can provide.
But....

It's like going to 7-Eleven and saying "I want an 18 oz drink because 16 oz is too small for me and 24 oz is too large.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nissan stock photo.
1668281307836.png
The Ranger was rushed to market her in the US, and did not following the US truck styling. The next Ranger will look more like the F-150 and Maverick.

scaryguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Summary: Ranger driver parked like a jackass

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

But the midsized market came before the small unibody market? Thing is the old Ranger could have a 7ft bed and and tow up to 6000lbs and haul 1500lbs. I fully believe that They could have met the current rangers capacities aswell as having 4 doors while maintaining the overall size. The Maverick has more interior room than the current ranger. Aside from making it about 3" taller putting it on a frame capable of ranger specs it could have stayed small. It would have had to been priced closer to the current ranger price though. But bigger is better in America and thats what we got.

Park an new Ranger next to a 96 extended cab, short bed F250 and they will be about the same size.

I still think my 91 Jeep Comanche is the perfect truck. It has solid F/R axles, weighs less than the Maverick, carries 2200lbs, towing is limited to 5000lbs(because of its light overall weight), It rides smooth and has a bigger cab than a comperable Ranger of the year. If it wasnt killed for the Dakotas sake and offered an extended cab, it surely would have lasted and become the measure that all midsized truck are judged by. Its also insanely good offroad and has the most reliable 6 cyl ever made.
Ford Maverick Maverick vs Ranger comparison pics KIMG0200.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick vs Ranger comparison pics KIMG0237.JPG

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They either have zero spatial intelligence or they just think the world revolves around them.
I think it is a major major helping of both. These are the folks that drive through the parking space and then park only partway into the next. Like their SUV is as long and an F-250 four door.

I own a small enough truck that I pull in behind them and get right up on their bumper and that way I am not hanging out in the drive lane. You could do it with many of the SUVs of the day too.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But....

It's like going to 7-Eleven and saying "I want an 18 oz drink because 16 oz is too small for me and 24 oz is too large.
The current ranger is the taco fighter /colorado fighter and will be going forward . The only knock I see on current ranger is the backseat space and front headlights .
Sponsored