First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes absolutely.. but some dealers in the mid west are selling Mavericks at 4% under invoice to out of state buyers with their own warranties…. Not Fords. How do you get your Truck back to them for repair. Scary.. enjoy your day
Don't buy their warranty. Plenty of other people who sell them. AllState sells a great one.
Sponsored

Kelanc

First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini coop
Nothing for the truck- just oil changes n stuff. No point if I bought it out of state.

Kelanc

First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini coop
Don't buy their warranty. Plenty of other people who sell them. AllState sells a great one.
OK I am a first time brand new vehicle owner- So if I understand this right I can get a warranty from Allstate instead of Ford in Illinois? I live in Florida.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK I am a first time brand new vehicle owner- So if I understand this right I can get a warranty from Allstate instead of Ford in Illinois? I live in Florida.
You have to find a All-State warranty dealer but yes.

Sponsored

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The dealership I bought my jetta from does this, and it's exactly the case. They also charge outrageous prices for basic maintenance ($125 for an oil change on my economy car). I wonder how many angry calls they field every single day from previous customers who realize that they don't meet the criteria for the lifetime warranty?
I used to drive Jettas but ditched VW for Toyotas because they are better built and cost much less to maintain. However, I traded my '21 Corolla SE for my '23 Mav XLT. I will never own another VW. Every VW I owned had some form of electrical issues as well as being expensive to own. I can’t even imagine the issues of an all electric VW…

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to drive Jettas but ditched VW for Toyotas because they are better built and cost much less to maintain. However, I traded my '21 Corolla SE for my '23 Mav XLT. I will never own another VW. Every VW I owned had some form of electrical issues as well as being expensive to own. I can’t even imagine the issues of an all electric VW…
We were skeptical of buying one because of the reliability reputation, but we got such a screaming deal that even if we sold it immediately when the warranty ended it would have been worth it. We bought for $12,100 in summer of '16 (<$14k out the door) - thanks Dieselgate. At the time there was nothing even close for <$20k. We now have a little over 80k miles and nothing but regular maintenance. I don't think I'd buy another VW unless we got a similar deal, but it's absolutely been worth it.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We were skeptical of buying one because of the reliability reputation, but we got such a screaming deal that even if we sold it immediately when the warranty ended it would have been worth it. We bought for $12,100 in summer of '16 (<$14k out the door) - thanks Dieselgate. At the time there was nothing even close for <$20k. We now have a little over 80k miles and nothing but regular maintenance. I don't think I'd buy another VW unless we got a similar deal, but it's absolutely been worth it.
Glad it worked out.
Sponsored