administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great look at the color difference between Hot Pepper Red (Maverick) and Rapid Red (F-150). Also a good look at size difference.

Note: Rapid Red is also available on the Maverick, but currently only for the First Edition Maverick. It was seen on the Maverick First Edition inside the Chicago Auto Show.

Hot Pepper Red 2022 Maverick vs Rapid Red F-150.jpg

Here's an infographic comparing the Maverick's dimensions to other Ford pickups.

132041669_1477159565967232_4787445147018597578_n.jpg

Last edited:

Delzona

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Ranger Edge
Wow, big difference in size!! I wonder if the Mav is getting fitted out for a test drive?

Luchie64

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2019 Escape, 04 F-350
Great size comparison shot, with average size people standing next to the Mav, not the giants we always seam to see. LOL

JVolpe

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
In that cloudy pic I prefer Hot Pepper Red. The Rapid Red has slightly too much pinkish hue in those conditions.

JVolpe

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
The cloudy pic also makes the Cyber Orange look yellow!
True! These very metallic colors can vary so much in how they look when in sunlight vs overcast conditions.

Delzona

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Ranger Edge
True! These very metallic colors can vary so much in how they look when in sunlight vs overcast conditions.
Yes, I agree. I was originally going for the Cyber Orange, but the more I saw it in different pictures the less I like it. In the end I went with Carbonized Grey.

Zepper

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit connect
In that cloudy pic I prefer Hot Pepper Red. The Rapid Red has slightly too much pinkish hue in those conditions.
I agree the rapid red just looks really boring. the hot pepper red just has so much more going on for it. maybe it's the black rims that really set it off. just looks like a much more interesting shade of red

2022EOW

First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Here's a side-by-side look at the entire Ford pickup lineup - from F250 down to the Maverick pickup.

Ford-Truck-Lineup-Super-Duty-F-150-Lightning-F-150-Ranger-Maverick-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Qu...jpg
The Ranger just doesn't fit with he rest of the lineup, that front clip is too aero and that has kept me from considering one. Hopefully the upcoming replacement fixes that.

Oakland

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I can't tell by the photograph, but normally a 4 wheel drive F150 sits up higher than a regular 2 WD F150. I suspect that is a 4WD truck.