First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go find some annual sales numbers on Mid size trucks and you'll see they huge money makers. Obviously reading this forum you know there is a massive market for Maverick size product that has lower entry price and not as large as Mid size which is over kill for a lot of people. Both categories can succeed without Canabalizing sales of the other.
I doubt that since it is almost a no brainer if you have the money to replace your Ranger fleet vehicles with Mavericks from a base cost and MPG cost over the life of the vehicle. The Maverick can do at least 98% of what a Ranger can do sans the heavy towing. Instead of keeping a whole fleet of vehicles for that 2% you only need to keep 1 to 2 vehicles instead.
Sponsored

Anthony

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the look of the F-150, but dislike the current Ranger look. When the Maverick launched, I was excited because it looked like a smaller, cheaper F-150 - I love it. The 2024 Ranger re-design 'fixes' this IMO, and the family pictures will look much more unified. I am hoping the new NA Ranger will launch with some of the same features of the Maverick, like the flexbed, FITS, etc - we shall see.

I have fallen in love with my 2022 Maverick. I don't want or need a bigger truck, but if either the Maverick or the re-designed Ranger offers an AWD Hybrid and 360 camera, I may be back up at my dealership in 2024...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt that since it is almost a no brainer if you have the money to replace your Ranger fleet vehicles with Mavericks from a base cost and MPG cost over the life of the vehicle. The Maverick can do at least 98% of what a Ranger can do sans the heavy towing. Instead of keeping a whole fleet of vehicles for that 2% you only need to keep 1 to 2 vehicles instead.
Fleet buyers are not locked into Ford for replacement of vehicles. I would expect purchasing decisions to include overall usability along with cost and availability. If a Ford wins out, great. There are more choices out there too.

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like my mav a lot more, I had a 19 ranger and man is this mav way easier to park and maneuver, the mav is perfect for me since I don't use the bed daily but If I where say a Forman or something like that the ranger would make a tiny bit more sense if I needed to haul stuff day in and out at the job site

OP
OP
Gunny.salazar

Gunny.salazar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2022 Explorer Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I notieced the "student driver" sticker/magnet, what do you use it for, I have some of those decals on both of my vehicles, win-win for me, my daughter is getting her permit, main reason I got them, and having them on there for me is that people don't tailgate so close anymore when I driver slower than posted!!!
I place them there because I now have a baby and drive slowly and cautiously. Keeps the idiots from driving too close or thinking I'm going to "race" them at the light.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gunny.salazar

Gunny.salazar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
would have been great to have either the fronts or rears of both vehicles equal. Kinda of hard to feel the difference when they are parked offset. Perhaps neither vehicle was OPs?
Yes, you're right. Unfortunately there was a car parked directly behind my Maverick, so I couldn't get a clean picture of both rear ends.

OP
OP
Gunny.salazar

Gunny.salazar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol funny that they’d park next to you and do a terrible job at it! When mine first arrived off the truck, there was a base F150 parked nearby. Naturally, I got a pic:
7BB7C36B-C53B-4974-8EFE-922742804B81.jpeg
I guess that F150 driver couldn't park either! LOL... I had a new 2021 F250 Lariat Tremor SuperCrew and found it very difficult to find decent parking spots for it. I would at times have to park crooked or very close to other cars to fit in spots. Glad I sold it and got the Maverick!

OP
OP
Gunny.salazar

Gunny.salazar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting- aside from being jacked up, the Ranger doesn't look that much larger. Seems the Maverick cab dimensions are larger too.
The Ranger indeed is "bulkier" and taller. If I had to go off-road for any reason, I would definitely take the Ranger. The Maverick cabin is spacious enough for me and my family, we're not too tall at 5'9".

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_3549.jpeg

I saw this Ranger today. At first glance I thought it might be a Maverick. Anyway, I like the looks, especially since my ordered Maverick is also Cactus Gray. Love the wheels too.
Anyone know what wheels those are??

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the Maverick is the better looking truck

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the look of the F-150, but dislike the current Ranger look. When the Maverick launched, I was excited because it looked like a smaller, cheaper F-150 - I love it. The 2024 Ranger re-design 'fixes' this IMO, and the family pictures will look much more unified. I am hoping the new NA Ranger will launch with some of the same features of the Maverick, like the flexbed, FITS, etc - we shall see.

I have fallen in love with my 2022 Maverick. I don't want or need a bigger truck, but if either the Maverick or the re-designed Ranger offers an AWD Hybrid and 360 camera, I may be back up at my dealership in 2024...
Agreed! Love that the Mav looks like a little f-150. The redesign 2024 Ranger looks like a bigger Mav! I could see maybe trading for a 2024 or later Ranger someday if it comes in a hybrid.

Padanky

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With old ranger

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Ranger comparison pics 20221118_134828