Peggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL (on order)
MY TRUCK HAS BEEN BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT
Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,
Great news! Your 2022 Maverick XL has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Crossroads Ford, Inc. is between April 30, 2022 and May 6, 2022.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Asked and Capital Raleigh will not issue me a 30 day tag - must be selling dealer, they said.
I even thought go there with my 87 Ranger NC tag (close right?) and try to get it.
I just don't understand how you run out of tags as a car dealer at their volumes unless these tags are special out of state sale tags.
Crossroads also told me they would give me a temp instead of waiting on Chapman's plate

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked my Mav up yesterday from Capital Ford Raleigh...almost 9 months... I got my twins sooner! So far so good - still learning things.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Picked my Mav up yesterday from Capital Ford Raleigh...almost 9 months... I got my twins sooner! So far so good - still learning things.
So how did things go for you at Capital Ford? My Maverick is stuck "In Production" and doesn't look like it will be scheduled this week but Chapman is supposed to have it shipped to Capital and was curious about the experience. Looks like Crossroads Ford in Apex has been a good experience for several people, I probably should have had it delivered there.

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So how did things go for you at Capital Ford? My Maverick is stuck "In Production" and doesn't look like it will be scheduled this week but Chapman is supposed to have it shipped to Capital and was curious about the experience. Looks like Crossroads Ford in Apex has been a good experience for several people, I probably should have had it delivered there.
Overall things went OK with Capital Raleigh. I've had Capital Hillsborough do some minor service for me on my old Ranger. They held to their $250 CD price from July and the transaction there was VERY quick. The one issue others here noted, Crossroads would put an NC temp tag on and let you take the truck. Capital required me to get my Chapman 60 day PA temp tag to take the truck. Driving the XL hybrid for a few day now, 42MPG, drives / rides well but just can not get over it being $22,500 out the door with Chapman!

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Overall things went OK with Capital Raleigh. I've had Capital Hillsborough do some minor service for me on my old Ranger. They held to their $250 CD price from July and the transaction there was VERY quick. The one issue others here noted, Crossroads would put an NC temp tag on and let you take the truck. Capital required me to get my Chapman 60 day PA temp tag to take the truck. Driving the XL hybrid for a few day now, 42MPG, drives / rides well but just can not get over it being $22,500 out the door with Chapman!
Good to know, One of the things I wondered was if they were going to stick with the $250 quote I got back in July, nice to know they did. I guess I can't be too mad at them if they don't want to supply a temp tag since they were $100 cheaper than Crossroads.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone purchase from Crossroads Apex lately? My hybrid should be delivered in a few weeks and I can’t get a confirmation from my sales person that they will honor MSRP.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone purchase from Crossroads Apex lately? My hybrid should be delivered in a few weeks and I can’t get a confirmation from my sales person that they will honor MSRP.
They stayed true to agreed price for me in January. I would imagine they still will for all retail orders. However they’ll certainly try to push the protection package on you, and the extended warranties when you’re in the financing office, but I imagine thats just standard procedure for any car dealer. Just make sure to reiterate five ways and in writing that you don’t want the protection package before and during delivery and prep for sale.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They stayed true to agreed price for me in January. I would imagine they still will for all retail orders. However they’ll certainly try to push the protection package on you, and the extended warranties when you’re in the financing office, but I imagine thats just standard procedure for any car dealer. Just make sure to reiterate five ways and in writing that you don’t want the protection package before and during delivery and prep for sale.
I appreciate the input. I emailed my sales guy with a couple requests for the prep team when I got notice that the truck shipped. One of the requests was no paint or upholstery protection. He basically didn’t want to address anything in my email before the truck arrives.

Peggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL (on order)
MY TRUCK HAS BEEN BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,
Great news! Your 2022 Maverick XL has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Crossroads Ford, Inc. is between April 30, 2022 and May 6, 2022.​

Well, maybe not. The NEW IMPROVED ETA is 5-16

Peggy

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a Chapman CD to Green Ford in Greensboro. My courtesy delivery guy here just went ahead and registered it and got a permanent plate before I even picked up the truck. Would have been super convenient, except I soon thereafter transferred my old custom plate to the new truck anyway

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, maybe not. The NEW IMPROVED ETA is 5-16

Peggy
Where are you getting updates on ETA? My Maverick was scheduled to be delivered to Crossroads Ford Apex between May 5 and May 11. They obviously missed that window. I'm wondering if ours are on the same rail or convoy?

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where are you getting updates on ETA? My Maverick was scheduled to be delivered to Crossroads Ford Apex between May 5 and May 11. They obviously missed that window. I'm wondering if ours are on the same rail or convoy?
Mine shipped on 02/18 and I was able to pick it up on 04/07. Mexico to NC seems to take forever when it comes to delivering these trucks.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine shipped on 02/18 and I was able to pick it up on 04/07. Mexico to NC seems to take forever when it comes to delivering these trucks.
Well that’s terrible news. Already sold my truck in anticipation of receiving my Maverick soon.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well that’s terrible news. Already sold my truck in anticipation of receiving my Maverick soon.
I know how you guys feel, mine is supposed to arrive 05/13-05/19, haven't heard a peep and I'm guessing they are probably going to miss this window.
Sponsored