Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker

lexagon17

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022MavArea51
Just popping in to say hello! I’m in Raleigh! [Capital Ford of Raleigh] was my dealer
Sponsored

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
Got my built notice from Ford today:

Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 4.51.22 PM

Capital Ford in Hillsborough has been really good to deal with to this point.

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the final update for me, for now. If you have any questions about the Chapman Horsham experience, Crossroads Ford of Apex experience, or the truck itself, feel free to reach out.

Got an update Wednesday from Chapman Horsham after waiting around quite a bit and not having emails promptly returned (yeah, yeah, I know they are busy). Sounds like the original pricing (orders submitted pre-price increase) will be honored.

Chapman says that the information they are getting from Ford has been really confusing, as they assumed any price protection would be done automatically, but that is obviously not the case. I know they are super busy, but they have been helpful when they do communicate.

Maybe those who are nearing delivery for trucks ordered from Chapman will not need to fight to have original pricing honored. Or maybe everyone has to fight for it if they believe their value/effort is worth the price difference.

Ended up getting all of the paperwork (my name was spelled wrong on half of it). After some back and forth on paperwork, Chapman finally released the truck and I picked it up Friday evening.m Josh Tolles at Crossroads Ford was super helpful and even got me a 30 day temp tag to get going instead of having to wait for Chapman to overnight a temp tag.

Now for the truck. It is amazing so far, simply put. Coming from a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD. The Maverick is quieter, the ride is so much smoother, the sound system is impressive, the seats feel so much better, and the fuel economy is double. I am loving every second driving this truck. The Hybrid accelerates effortlessly, it just keeps going. Adaptive cruise and lane centering make highway driving a breeze.

Drove around 200 miles over the weekend and my estimated range has only increased since I picked it up, guess it was idling quite a bit with inspections and whatnot. Have only dropped two ticks on the fuel gauge. Averaging around 45 mpg since I picked the truck up.

This thing was 100% worth the wait!

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Glad a crossroads dealer worked out for you.never had any luck with them.the one in sanford is pathetic.ordered mine at cooper ford in pittsboro.no problem using x plan and farm bureau discount and no add on fees

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got notice yesterday my Chapman Hybrid XL is at Capital Raleigh - although I could not find it there.

How did things work out with Crossroads as far as the CD and what you paid them - I think you said $300? I've never got any comment on a CD with Capital. Any concerns on the low speed braking? My father - in - law also getting a hybrid in a few months and a friend getting an EB in Greensboro, also in a few months.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got notice yesterday my Chapman Hybrid XL is at Capital Raleigh - although I could not find it there.

How did things work out with Crossroads as far as the CD and what you paid them - I think you said $300? I've never got any comment on a CD with Capital. Any concerns on the low speed braking? My father - in - law also getting a hybrid in a few months and a friend getting an EB in Greensboro, also in a few months.
Yep, I tracked mine through United Road and saw it had been delivered to Crossroads Ford Apex and went there and did not find it either. Granted that was a few hours after delivery, they had already taken it into the shop for inspection, but no one 'knew' where it was that evening.

My contact was actually out when I picked it up. He was nice enough to get it prepped and leave the keys with the receptionist for me to pick it up after work. I have to make the short trip back there this week to pay him the $300 and discuss a few things.

Low speed braking seems fine. I need to press the brakes a little harder than I did in my Mazda CX-5. Seems like everything works as it should.

VGMP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
It is a bit of a drive from the Triangle, but Welford Harris Ford in Siler City was AWESOME to work with. My sales guy was Todd. No markup, no unwanted add-ons, no hidden fees, no bull. It was a GREAT experience after hearing all of the horror stories. If you need to order for next year (whenever that opens up), call Todd Oldham. I picked up my new sled on Saturday! (Forgive the NC pollen.)

Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker tempImageK3vn1x

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe the final update for me, for now. If you have any questions about the Chapman Horsham experience, Crossroads Ford of Apex experience, or the truck itself, feel free to reach out.

Got an update Wednesday from Chapman Horsham after waiting around quite a bit and not having emails promptly returned (yeah, yeah, I know they are busy). Sounds like the original pricing (orders submitted pre-price increase) will be honored.

Chapman says that the information they are getting from Ford has been really confusing, as they assumed any price protection would be done automatically, but that is obviously not the case. I know they are super busy, but they have been helpful when they do communicate.

Maybe those who are nearing delivery for trucks ordered from Chapman will not need to fight to have original pricing honored. Or maybe everyone has to fight for it if they believe their value/effort is worth the price difference.

Ended up getting all of the paperwork (my name was spelled wrong on half of it). After some back and forth on paperwork, Chapman finally released the truck and I picked it up Friday evening.m Josh Tolles at Crossroads Ford was super helpful and even got me a 30 day temp tag to get going instead of having to wait for Chapman to overnight a temp tag.

Now for the truck. It is amazing so far, simply put. Coming from a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD. The Maverick is quieter, the ride is so much smoother, the sound system is impressive, the seats feel so much better, and the fuel economy is double. I am loving every second driving this truck. The Hybrid accelerates effortlessly, it just keeps going. Adaptive cruise and lane centering make highway driving a breeze.

Drove around 200 miles over the weekend and my estimated range has only increased since I picked it up, guess it was idling quite a bit with inspections and whatnot. Have only dropped two ticks on the fuel gauge. Averaging around 45 mpg since I picked the truck up.

Thanks for the update Mojorayy, I've been following since I have a Chapman order as well. Mine is supposed to be built next week but I'm not holding my breath.

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
Thanks for the update Mojorayy, I've been following since I have a Chapman order as well. Mine is supposed to be built next week but I'm not holding my breath.
My build went really smoothly last week - it was scheduled for the week of 03/28, I got an email Saturday morning saying it was built and another email today saying it has been shipped. Can't ask much more than that. Hope yours goes well too.

OP
OP
adawalli

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

How long did it take from your "truck is shipped" email until it arrived with Josh? I am in that boat right now!

Sponsored

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long did it take from your "truck is shipped" email until it arrived with Josh? I am in that boat right now!
It was almost exactly a month to the day. Dates are in my signature. Shipped 2/23, delivered 3/22. 28 days.

If you let me know your VIN in PM, I can track it through United Road once it gets to the loading yard and then let you know the estimated delivery, when it is picked up, when it is delivered, etc. You can also track it yourself through United Road.

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck has been at Capital Ford a week...paperwork complete with Chapman...waiting on them to send a temp tag, told me they have no tags! I need to get this truck now, old truck is having issues.

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck has been at Capital Ford a week...paperwork complete with Chapman...waiting on them to send a temp tag, told me they have no tags! I need to get this truck now, old truck is having issues.
Check and see if Capital Ford will give you a 30-day temp tag. Crossroads Ford of Apex was able to do so to get me out the door.

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check and see if Capital Ford will give you a 30-day temp tag. Crossroads Ford of Apex was able to do so to get me out the door.
Asked and Capital Raleigh will not issue me a 30 day tag - must be selling dealer, they said.
I even thought go there with my 87 Ranger NC tag (close right?) and try to get it.
I just don't understand how you run out of tags as a car dealer at their volumes unless these tags are special out of state sale tags.

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Asked and Capital Raleigh will not issue me a 30 day tag - must be selling dealer, they said.
I even thought go there with my 87 Ranger NC tag (close right?) and try to get it.
I just don't understand how you run out of tags as a car dealer at their volumes unless these tags are special out of state sale tags.
Interesting. I thought Crossroads would say the same thing, but they did it. I also thought about just taking my current car's plate and making the short trip home and hopefully getting Chapman's temp tag the next day.

Yep, agreed. Makes no sense.
Sponsored