Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Exped XLT / 2018 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone placed an order through multiple dealers? I considered doing this then cancelling receipt of whichever one didn't show first. Thoughts?
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're a sad individual.
They are in good company. It is happening a lot now that folks realize how 2022 went. No judgement from me on the topic.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone placed an order through multiple dealers? I considered doing this then cancelling receipt of whichever one didn't show first. Thoughts?
You will essentially be taking a retail order away from someone else.

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
While there's nothing saying you can't, please don't. Find a dealer you can trust, place your order and wait it out like the rest of us. Especially if you're after one of the heavily constrained configurations, i.e. Tremor. You order four of those and only take one, you just robbed three people of ordering and receiving one for a fair price. You know that kind of model will bring some ADM, so please don't. You'd only be hurting our fellow peers here.

OP
OP
WhiskeyDad69

WhiskeyDad69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Glad I could stir the pot to get multiple views on the topic. I'll stick with one dealer. Thanks to most of you for providing mature, constructive feedback on the idea. I have seen this idea posed within other threads which is why I wanted to inquire with others on this topic.

Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad I could stir the pot to get multiple views on the topic. I'll stick with one dealer. Thanks to most of you for providing mature, constructive feedback on the idea. I have seen this idea posed within other threads which is why I wanted to inquire with others on this topic.
I've been thinking about it as well but I'll likely stick with one dealer. Now finding that one dealer is another thing. I have a deposit down at one place but no orders yet. I'm struggling to get someone to send me hard numbers on all of the fees and everything.

OP
OP
WhiskeyDad69

WhiskeyDad69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been thinking about it as well but I'll likely stick with one dealer. Now finding that one dealer is another thing. I have a deposit down at one place but no orders yet. I'm struggling to get someone to send me hard numbers on all of the fees and everything.
I'd find another dealer to place your order, my dealer did charge a $250 refundable deposit but they didn't take it until my order preview was signed and within 20 minutes I got my order confirmation from Ford.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don’t waste everyone’s time. Do your research, choose a reputable dealership and wait your turn, like the rest of us.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should. I wish I had done the same last year after the order I had suddenly was cancelled or vanished etc. 8 months wasted. I would have loved to have a backup.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
You should. I wish I had done the same last year after the order I had suddenly was cancelled or vanished etc. 8 months wasted. I would have loved to have a backup.
No they should not. Also, that would not have happened if you did a little homework and picked a reputable dealer.
Sponsored