First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, how many orders (percentage wise) do people guess are multiples for flipping or to see what comes in first? I keep seeing it post, and find it aggregating to be honest. While I know it's allowed so fair game, it seems to be part of the problem in why we are having issues getting these things delivered. So how much in the big picture do you guys think this is?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah its dumb, number one problem in any capitalist society is greed. Until humans can be trusted we get railroaded with situations like this. Funny because this demand is forced by other greedy layers, like trucks getting more and more expensive because they can and gas going up whenever the wind blows money.

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I am keeping both unless the Hybrid gives me to much grief!

Krazyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
The same thing happened with the housing market during COVID when the stock was so very low and prices shot through the roof. Greedy real estate flippers and rental agencies grabbed everything that came up worth a damn. They paid over asking price and with cash then sold it at profit or rented out at obscene rates. This made the prices rise and rise until only the wealthy could afford to buy a home.

Now it's happening in the car market and with gas prices going up the desirable hybrids/EVs can't be made fast enough with low material stock and not enough production staff. And again greed enters the picture with some dealers taking advantage of the situation by demanding way above MSRP for those vehicles in high demand and purchasers buying and flipping to make a profit.

I have my Ford verified order in but don't have high hopes after knowing what so many people with '22 orders went through. I've got until fall '23 before my current lease is up so am not in any huge rush and if the Maverick falls through I'm also going to order a '23 Escape plug-in hybrid as backup.

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Lariat hybrid and got confirmation yesterday morning. About 10 minutes later I got an email that my xlt hybrid lux ordered back on 7/21/21 was built. I ā€˜d regretted not ordering a Lariat originally and figured if I wanted one Iā€™d have to order it now. Figure Iā€™ll be driving the xlt for a year or more while waiting on the 2023. Dealer has been great guy along with msrp and no deposits. When the time comes, Iā€™ll either trade-in the xlt or let the dealer keep it if my situation changes in the meantime.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Lariat hybrid and got confirmation yesterday morning. About 10 minutes later I got an email that my xlt hybrid lux ordered back on 7/21/21 was built. I ā€˜d regretted not ordering a Lariat originally and figured if I wanted one Iā€™d have to order it now. Figure Iā€™ll be driving the xlt for a year or more while waiting on the 2023. Dealer has been great guy along with msrp and no deposits. When the time comes, Iā€™ll either trade-in the xlt or let the dealer keep it if my situation changes in the meantime.
I look at this as different. You were in a caught in limbo situation. My frustration is the people we see saying they going to different dealers putting in 2, or even more, orders to see which is built first or to flip since there is no risk to do it.

Even if it's only 5% of orders (just my guess) that's almost a month's production wasted. Sure it's their right, not saying otherwise. I just don't like it. It's like the guy who won't let you zipper merge when a lane ends. It doesn't really make things for them go faster, and screws things up for the whole when it happens enough, but at least they have satisfied their impatience a little...

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, how many orders (percentage wise) do people guess are multiples for flipping or to see what comes in first?
I am going to say 10-15%.

I think another related question would be how many people have in their driveway (or have pending production in Sept/Oct/Nov) a 2022 and they are also ordering a 2023. Either to keep both, or to trade in the 2022 when the 2023 arrives.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get it if you order more than one and buy them. Maybe you want to drive each and figure out which is right. Who knows?

What I don't get is ordering more than one and only buying one. At least buy what you order.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't want to come across as an ass, and I've only ordered one Maverick (two weeks). But I have to observe that there is no place for altruism in Capitalism. In retrospect, I wish I'd ordered 50 Mavericks. That would just about buy me a new house right now.

House flippers, car flippers - God Bless Them All. If you have the ambition and appetite for risk, you deserve your profits (or losses if the economy suddenly flips).

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I look at this as different. You were in a caught in limbo situation. My frustration is the people we see saying they going to different dealers putting in 2, or even more, orders to see which is built first or to flip since there is no risk to do it.

Even if it's only 5% of orders (just my guess) that's almost a month's production wasted. Sure it's their right, not saying otherwise. I just don't like it. It's like the guy who won't let you zipper merge when a lane ends. It doesn't really make things for them go faster, and screws things up for the whole when it happens enough, but at least they have satisfied their impatience a little...
I think it's much higher than 5%, and you're right, I think it's a damn shame people can do it. There should be a limit to the number of orders under a single driver's license without a broker/fleet license whatever it's called. There's no reason Ford could not design a system to allow one order per driver's license unless additional criteria is met, i.e. business license, fleet agreement, idk. Even then there would be abuse, but right now, nothing is stopping the average person from ordering I think it's 9 vehicles per dealership. Typically 10 or more is only for fleets.. so if one hit up 5 dealerships, ordered 9 @ each, one individual could have placed 45 orders :eek: I realize that's a hell of stretch but I'd bet there are some individuals with a single Maverick on order from at least 5-10 dealerships, which again only hurts those of us who are placing a single order with the intention of actually buying that single order whenever it may arrive.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Itā€™s a simple fix, dealerships need to charge a deposit for orders. Even if they are refundable, doubt many want to come out of pocket and have to chase their money down, when they have to cancel all their damn orders!

Last edited:

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Itā€™s a simple fix, dealerships need to charge a deposit for orders. Even if they are refundable, doubt many want to come out of pocket and have to chase their money down, when they have ti cancel all their damn orders!
Dealers don't care if people order multiples. In the end the dealer will end up with the cancelled orders for their lot.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealers don't care if people order multiples. In the end the dealer will end up with the cancelled orders for their lot.
Donā€™t work like that no more. They care, it waste employee manpower and nets them zero profit. Most commission employees and sales managers get bonuses for clearing sales.
Sponsored

Last edited: