Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello

Is there a limit as to the number of orders an individual can have with ford? Reason I ask is i can order a maverick with dealership x with no deposit. However, dealership x cannot give me a contract price yet. My suspicion is that they are willing to gamble that they can get me for a markup of $n, and if I balk then they can just use that unit as dealer stock and try to mark it up even further.

Is there a downside to ordering with dealer x, and continuing to try with other area dealers (who have not yet begun orders) in the hopes that maybe one of them will give me msrp? Or will I be disallowed from making [a] subsequent order(s) at a different dealership once i place an order with dealership x?

Thank you in advance for any insight

Edited bc html > me and added strike through to my post lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have ordered an XL with a local dealership and ordered an XLT with Chapman. I will chose which is best for me! My local may want to charge MSRP on the XL which is only a few hundred less than 3% under invoice that Chapman is doing on my XLT!

OP
OP

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have ordered an XL with a local dealership and ordered an XLT with Chapman. I will chose which is best for me! My local may want to charge MSRP on the XL which is only a few hundred less than 3% under invoice that Chapman is doing on my XLT!
Thanks for the info! Glad to know that it is possible to do an order at more than one dealership!

FLMav

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra
Hello

Is there a limit as to the number of orders an individual can have with ford? Reason I ask is i can order a maverick with dealership x with no deposit. However, dealership x cannot give me a contract price yet. My suspicion is that they are willing to gamble that they can get me for a markup of $n, and if I balk then they can just use that unit as dealer stock and try to mark it up even further.

Is there a downside to ordering with dealer x, and continuing to try with other area dealers (who have not yet begun orders) in the hopes that maybe one of them will give me msrp? Or will I be disallowed from making [a] subsequent order(s) at a different dealership once i place an order with dealership x?

Thank you in advance for any insight

Edited bc html > me and added strike through to my post lol
I'm in the same scenario. Ordered Monday, everything seemed good but I've never done biz with this dealership and worried there will be crap fees added on last minute.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
For me, it's a matter of honor. I don't order something that I don't have intent to buy. And, since I only intend to buy one of them, I would not order two. I realize that you can back out of the order at a later date and I realize that the dealer will be just fine if you do.

Also, as a matter of honor, I refuse to do business with people I don't trust. If they aren't going to tell me the price, I'm not going to place my order with them. Period.

Sponsored

ksu34ksu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD, Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I first ordered a Lariat hybrid, lux package, with a dealer in Kansas, at MSRP even though I live in Florida and if I use their financing, for at least 6 months, they will contribute $1000.00 towards travel expenses. That was on November 11th, 2021. Recently ordered a second Maverick same spec. from a different dealer here in Florida, and will purchase the second one as well. If the resale value holds up may sell one or if I really like it and my wife enjoys it we may keep the entire herd.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have one with long Mac Arthur and one with my local small dealer which is a rollover. Im just waiting which one gets scheduled sooner and cancel the other. My local dealer still has not moved mine to priority 10 though and are difficult with communication. This is why I decided a backup. I really need a vehicle. I had sold both my 99 ranger and SRT4 and have to drive my parents old Buick in the meantime

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To me no one looses.

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, let's EVERYBODY order multiple times, and further F up an already F'd up system!!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost