Sponsored

Let's talk about placing multiple orders....

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I've seen several people, who only intend to purchase one vehicle, mention that they've placed multiple Maverick orders. Sometimes, it's to avoid getting screwed over by a dealer at the last second or to angle for a quicker turnaround on their order, among many others. I'm curious to see how many people have done this and discuss whether it's victimless move as most contend (worst case scenario, the dealer adds one to their allotment) or a dick move, since it could still be argued as deceitful and maybe there's something I'm missing.

Personally, I placed an order for a hybrid and while I was a bit skeptical about choosing that powertrain over the Ecoboost given my driving habits, I figured I'd have the opportunity to test drive one looooong before I'd ever have a shot at having my ordered vehicle show up. Given what we're hearing about hybrid delays, I envision a scenario where, by the time I get a chance to drive a hybrid and realize it's not for me, it'll be late enough in the game that starting from scratch wouldn't make sense and I'd just say screw it and wait for the 2023s to come around. So, I gotta say that putting in a second order for an EB, to give myself an escape hatch here in a couple months, is sure starting to sound intriguing. Especially since the more I think about it, the less appealing the hybrid seems.

What say you all though? Are you playing the multiple order game or do you abhor such a practice?
Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It works out great for the dealer you are working with as they will get a high demand unit that they can sell off their lot.

Some people waiting on build dates could be pushed back though.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have two orders in, same vehicle different colors. Wasn't for sure which I'd like the most.
Also got a better price on the 2nd one ordered, including upgraded paint.

Dealer shouldn't have much trouble selling the first one I ordered locally. I'm not going to sweat that part. I like choices and competitive pricing.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I have two also... But I was told that when you put your second order in it deletes the first one....and your order date changes to the new order..So in respect to that I set myself back two weeks because I had a crappy dealer who wouldn't return phone calls...
It's not like we can get it any earlier.... and if we could figure out the secret code..we would probably not get what we want. So Find your best dealer first so you don't make the mistake I made and cost yourself two weeks....

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
How did you say it? I abhor such a practice.

Once my second order was confirmed, I canceled the first order. Why should I take up a slot that someone on this forum is wanting?

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've worked for a major auto manufacture in the past. If they are planning to build them like I think they are. There's possibly one going to roll off the assembly line every 60 seconds. If it's even remotely close to what we did. That's nearly 1500 vehicles a day as long as they have a good supple chain.
They'll tear through these orders quickly. A few duplicated orders isn't going to make a massive difference in the over all time frame.

There's more of chance that other major issues could slow up deliveries.

My orders were placed in the last week.So you guys that ordered several months ago are safe. 😆

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I've worked for a major auto manufacture in the past. If they are planning to build them like I think they are. There's possibly one going to roll off the assembly line every 60 seconds. If it's even remotely close to what we did. That's nearly 1500 vehicles a day as long as they have a good supple chain.
They'll tear through these orders quickly. A few duplicated orders isn't going to make a massive difference in the over all time frame.

There's more of chance that other major issues could slow up deliveries.

My orders were placed in the last week.So you guys that ordered several months ago are safe. 😆
Not safe until Scheduled!!
There have been a few that just ordered end of July and first of August that have been scheduled. There are a lot more that were before them.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes the dealers will be able to sell the Mavericks leftover from those placing multiple orders. Now the flip side, those of us placing a single order will see cars going to dealerships to sell before we get ours built. It is a selfish act that negatively impacts others waiting in line. Ford should query their database and delete multiple orders.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not safe until Scheduled!!
There have been a few that just ordered end of July and first of August that have been scheduled. There are a lot more that were before them.
Well that sucks, should be first come, first serve.
I'm in no rush and don't mind waiting until next year for mine. But really there's no obligation at this point. If something else draws my attention.
I'll cancel my orders. In 12 months, they'll probably be a Maverick at the turn of a corner.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I wonder if some of the dealers are offering no deposits...to attract buyers.....And then be slow in communicating....or no communications because all they wanted were your signature and DL# So they can get more Maverick's and price them above MSRP??? They are hoping you go away so they can sell the truck as they please???? Think about it

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if some of the dealers are offering no deposits...to attract buyers.....And then be slow in communicating....or no communications because all they wanted were your signature and DL# So they can get more Maverick's and price them above MSRP??? They are hoping you go away so they can sell the truck as they please???? Think about it
BINGO!

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our dealer has answered multiple questions via phone and email. That included getting order pricing on two other Ford vehicles for the possibility of changing. We decided to stick with the Maverick unless a snowball chance in hell Bronco Sport Badlands ordering banks open up before we get our Maverick scheduled.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Our dealer has answered multiple questions via phone and email. That included getting order pricing on two other Ford vehicles for the possibility of changing. We decided to stick with the Maverick unless a snowball chance in hell Bronco Sport Badlands ordering banks open up before we get our Maverick scheduled.
Well not all dealers would do it, there are great dealers and we have some right on here.
both my dealers, I have to question
one never would call back or follow through so I placed an order with a different one and he is an clueless ass. He is telling me no scheduling is happening And he wanted to argue about...lol.
I have other dealers but I reset the clock each time I reorder
so I’m stuck , Ill probably be watching the truck be unloaded before he knows it’s coming....lol
Sponsored