First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I set up a preorder for a XL Hybrid with Copilot 360 in July when the order bank was scheduled to open on August 2nd. Now that it is clear that the XL and Hybrid production will be limited it looks like that will be a unicorn that I am unlikely to get even with a long wait.

If they start production of 2024s in early summer to get back on a normal schedule that also means that waiting for a year or more is not an option and Ford has already said there will not be price protection for people who need to reorder a 2024.

To top it off there is glitch in the computer system which will not allow orders of Atlas Blue XLs so I had to change it to Silver which is OK but pretty boring. It is not clear if I will be allowed to change the color later.

My wife and I joke that we want some color that you can easily find in a parking lot. :D

Today I set up a second order with a different dealer for an Ecobost XLT Lux with Copilot 360 in Atlas Blue which I am a lot more likely to get.

The lux and the Copilot 360 are somewhat constrained but not nearly as bad as the XL and the Hybrid

I will take whichever one I get first and then I plan to cancel the other order and not flip it. That means that I am not taking an allocation from someone else. I expect that will not matter though since my order for the Hybrid XL is so unlikely to get built for me before they switch over to the 2024 model year.

ksu34ksu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD, Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t waste everyone’s time. Do your research, choose a reputable dealership and wait your turn, like the rest of us.
So if you have a small business and the truck makes sense for your needs you should only order one. If you are a died-in-the-wool capitalist and think you could buy two or three and sell one at a bit of a profit even considering fees and sales tax are you still a bad guy? Also, the dealer won't suffer because if you don't take the truck after it gets in I am quite sure the dealer will sell it to someone else at a premium. The dealer makes a little and a client gets to see the truck and get it without having to wait.
Sorry seems like a win win that is if you ever get one!

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So if you have a small business and the truck makes sense for your needs you should only order one. If you are a died-in-the-wool capitalist and think you could buy two or three and sell one at a bit of a profit even considering fees and sales tax are you still a bad guy? Also, the dealer won't suffer because if you don't take the truck after it gets in I am quite sure the dealer will sell it to someone else at a premium. The dealer makes a little and a client gets to see the truck and get it without having to wait.
Sorry seems like a win win that is if you ever get one!
Wow, two posts and want to mix it up already. Keep reading the forum, do your research and you will see it’s not that simple. Good luck with your orders, if you ever see one built.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems like Ford could put a stop to this if they wanted to. Not sure if they have any incentive to do so, since the vehicles will get sold one way of another.

Greendesert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra GT '14 CRV Hybrid '22 Maverick Hybrid 2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears that those who don't get their MY23 will be rolled over to MY24 but without price protection?
Sponsored