Sponsored

No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ?

upnash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Dodge Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Ford salesperson called today to inform me that Ford is substituting the drop in bed liner for the spray in liner. I have an XLT ordered with lux package which includes spray in liner. He said you can’t remove the drop in liner from the package and no Ford $$compensation. He suggested me taking out the drop in liner and selling it then find a shop locally and have a liner sprayed in.
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds suspect. @fordvideoguy did not mention that in his weekly YouTube episode. As a matter of fact, ford is still building around 30% luxury package builds.

Dirt820

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were you scheduled for production yet?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
My Ford salesperson called today to inform me that Ford is substituting the drop in bed liner for the spray in liner. I have an XLT ordered with lux package which includes spray in liner. He said you can’t remove the drop in liner from the package and no Ford $$compensation. He suggested me taking out the drop in liner and selling it then find a shop locally and have a liner sprayed in.
As far as I know, spray in liner is included in the luxury for all orders. If they change that, they will inform order holders so I don't believe this is true. I know they are thinking about a way to remove the spray liner from the luxury package but last I heard they hadn't decided on it. WHEN they decide to do that it will be updated in the order guide and would probably be a Job 2 change.

They did that with the Bronco, shut down builds, added wiring prep kit to cloth top as part of changes for Job 2.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The most credible reporting to date is that drop-in liners don't even rise to the level of appearing as a constraint item. Rather they are relegated to the Late Availability list, essentially a notation that there are none in the pipleine for any build configuration. Zero percent. Zilch. Goose egg.

Sponsored

Elks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, RAV4 Prime
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to my dealer on Tuesday of this week and found the luxury package couldn’t be added to my XLT order, so my dealer tried adding some of the options individually and at some point, some how the luxury package was added. They were confused about how it was added- thinking it was a glitch. They printed the order for review and I saw a drop-in bed liner was listed in place of the spray-in. All were unsure of what happened, but I was able to place the order with them since the drop-in wasn’t a deal breaker for me. I posted my experience in another thread where some stated that the luxury package was changing to a drop-in instead of a spray-in liner. I'd prefer spray-in, but I wasn't able to order it on my XLT. (Was still available as part of the Lariat lux package).

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As far as I know, spray in liner is included in the luxury for all orders. If they change that, they will inform order holders so I don't believe this is true. I know they are thinking about a way to remove the spray liner from the luxury package but last I heard they hadn't decided on it. WHEN they decide to do that it will be updated in the order guide and would probably be a Job 2 change.

They did that with the Bronco, shut down builds, added wiring prep kit to cloth top as part of changes for Job 2.
I would imagine the MY23 Maverick LUX packages will most likely have spray-in removed, I'm just hoping that spary-in will stay as part of my XLT Lux hybrid package. I wouldn't want a drop-in.

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll wait for official news before I get my torch and pitchfork out, but I would also be a little less than pleased. I haven't dropped my spray-in as I would rather Ford does it to maintain warranty control with the same place (versus if there is a problem with it taking it somewhere else) and because I prefer the look of the logo in the bed, so if I've been waiting with a constrained commodity because of that and get denied after waiting all this time, I wouldn't be happy.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A drop in liner is a poor substitute. I expect a spray in liner with my Lariat Luxury or they can keep the thing.

Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no interest whatsoever in a drop in bedliner.

What makes the most sense to me, if the bedliner really is that big of a deal breaker for their production line, is to give those with it on their build a choice.

1) keep the spray in, and accept the delays

2) offer a drop in liner as an option

3) give Ford points sufficient to cover the cost of having the local dealer do it.

4) remove it from the lux package and make it standalone. (hopefully with a slight price drop to reflect that)

Of the three the easiest for them to do seems to be to offer the Ford points and let the customers decide.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This would be a mess and buyers will need to be contacted and make a decision, likely change orders will result in further delays and scheduling for those vehicles - possibly orders that are just base all around might jump ahead.

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
Didn't @fordvideoguy report last week that drop in bedliners were holding back production?

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
LIEs, Inveiglement and Obfuscation!! The holy trinity of all automakers and their minion dealers!!

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid