No hybrids until spring says dealer

TD331

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
" The demand has been overwhelming for America's first standard hybrid truck. In fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Luckily there's already one with your name on it, and we're doing everything to build through the queue as quickly as possible. Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated. "
Next year is a long damn time !!!!
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Next year is a long damn time !!!!
True but the email says the '22 models are nearly sold out. That means delivery of ordered trucks will be spread out from January through much later in the year. They can't promise that all orders will be delivered by spring or even summer because some probably won't.

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta
This email is for those whose Hybrid Maverick is already built or have a scheduled build date at the time the email was sent.

I am scheduled for the build week of 11/15 and received the email with the wording " Your new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup will be on its way in a few short months, with initial Hybrid deliveries expected to start in January. "
Ok that makes sense now….all i know is they should give all hybrids orders this once they take delivery. At least the ones that already ordered one before last week announcement.

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my hybrid yesterday and my dealer triple checked with me if I was sure I wanted the hybrid due to long wait times. He told me that I could expect to wait until summer with how things are going and offered the booster spec to me. I expect a long wait but I want the hybrid. The whole process was a little weird though seeing as I havent gotten any emails about my order though I have a T number and saw the order form. Gonna keep calling the dealership until they shoot me a copy of my order form.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my hybrid yesterday and my dealer triple checked with me if I was sure I wanted the hybrid due to long wait times. He told me that I could expect to wait until summer with how things are going and offered the booster spec to me. I expect a long wait but I want the hybrid. The whole process was a little weird though seeing as I havent gotten any emails about my order though I have a T number and saw the order form. Gonna keep calling the dealership until they shoot me a copy of my order form.
You should definitely get a buyers order and make sure they got your email address correct in the system. They also need it approved in the ROVP system.

TD331

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
True but the email says the '22 models are nearly sold out. That means delivery of ordered trucks will be spread out from January through much later in the year. They can't promise that all orders will be delivered by spring or even summer because some probably won't.
I understand the concept of being sold out. That was not the case on 6/23 when I ordered. And when I’m told it could be 7 to 9 months before I see my truck it tells me someone was ill prepared launch this vehicle.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I understand the concept of being sold out. That was not the case on 6/23 when I ordered. And when I’m told it could be 7 to 9 months before I see my truck it tells me someone was ill prepared launch this vehicle.
My only point was people who ordered shortly before that email went out will generally get the latest build and delivery dates. I understand your frustration with a June order, though.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would think they will try to build and deliver them to everyone by summer. Becasue when they open their 2023 reserves in summer, people may dump their orders if they like the next years offerings better. Like cruise on XL, full screen/no cubby, color of interior or whatever at a similar price.

Last edited:

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
Oh yeah? Where did ford promise you that?
Ford doesn't make Promises they make statements and that was the statement Ford released on June 8th when ordering was opened. Why you being a dick?
Lets be honest, no one really knows when they will get the Hybrid model. Those that are already produced have a great chance to get them first and I hope that delivery starts in Dec as Ford stated.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford doesn't make Promises they make statements and that was the statement Ford released on June 8th when ordering was opened. Why you being a dick?
Lets be honest, no one really knows when they will get the Hybrid model. Those that are already produced have a great chance to get them first and I hope that delivery starts in Dec as Ford stated.
My point is that they said they were going to start shipping Mavericks in fall of 2021 and you twisted that into a promise of getting your personal hybrid this fall. It just doesn't really help to make completely false statements 🤷

So far what Ford has stated has not been accurate and the rumor mill has been
You then went on to double down on your false statement. Plenty of mavericks are indeed shipping this fall.

I am not being a dick - you are just being dishonest.
Sponsored

Last edited: