Sponsored

No hybrids until spring says dealer

Dazinga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
I just got a call from my dealer saying Ford just informed them hybrids aren't going to be built until spring and I can change my order to gas if I want. Anyone else?
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got a call from my dealer saying Ford just informed them hybrids aren't going to be built until spring and I can change my order to gas if I want. Anyone else?
Ford has already announced shipping to commence in December with deliveries in January.

My opinion and only an opinion. Your hybrid order is in. So if they can add a gasser for you they get to keep the hybrid. I have a feeling hybrids will bring a larger price adjustment.... UP of course.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you just ordered that is a STRONG possibility. However you should tell him if that is not the case that we have multiple hybrids confirmed built on this thread.

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
I hope they are wrong, but the rumors seem to be true so far on Hybrid delays

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about this letter from Ford saying hybrid deliveries are starting in January?

Ford Maverick No hybrids until spring says dealer FreeFits

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about this letter from Ford saying hybrid deliveries are starting in January?

FreeFits.png
That is also expected deliveries. Some might get there earlier.

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta

FreeFits.png
I can’t even get this email ordered my hybrid in June. Is this only for people who hybrids are built but just sitting in a lot

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t even get this email ordered my hybrid in June. Is this only for people who hybrids are built but just sitting in a lot
I think it's just an email glitch.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah your dealer is just speculating. What Ford has says is correct. Production starts in December, deliveries begin in January.

That might only mean 30-40 hybrids get build or delivered. It might be 3000-4000 get built and delivered. That's the great mystery with Ford.

I have a Hybrid on order and I do not expect to see it before May.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you receive a confirmation e-mail back when you ordered? If you didn't receive that and this e-mail I'd suspect Ford might not have your e-mail address properly.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has already announced shipping to commence in December with deliveries in January.

My opinion and only an opinion. Your hybrid order is in. So if they can add a gasser for you they get to keep the hybrid. I have a feeling hybrids will bring a larger price adjustment.... UP of course.
I know where you're coming from, but the OP did say that the dealer offered to change the order to EB. This wouldn't result in him getting an additional vehicle.

When did you order? If it was last week, spring isn't out of the question. First deliveries will be January. I'm hoping my order will be delivered February or March and I ordered 12 weeks ago!

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford is also a proven liar, as they previously stated that hybrids would be available at launch.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know where you're coming from, but the OP did say that the dealer offered to change the order to EB. This wouldn't result in him getting an additional vehicle.

When did you order? If it was last week, spring isn't out of the question. First deliveries will be January. I'm hoping my order will be delivered February or March and I ordered 12 weeks ago!
I ordered 2 weeks ago. Im not pressured for time so no biggie. I hoping by May.

Change order is dealer speak. They then of course could change a dealer stock order. Depends on their allocatons. Dealer's are in business to make as much money as possible.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is also a proven liar, as they previously stated that hybrids would be available at launch.
I wouldn't order a vehicle from them, if that was what I thought. Who knows what else a "liar" might be lying about?

Personally, I think they intended to reach the goals they announced, and are close enough overall for me to continue to do business with them.

We all wish they would communicate better.
Sponsored