Sponsored

No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ?

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish the luxury package was segmented into three packages. One would be a climate package for the heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel, and windshield deicer, a cargo package that included the spray in liner, bed rails, and trailer hitch, and finally a comfort and convenience package that included power seat, larger productivity screen and push button start. The biggest reason I got the luxury package was for the power seat and now I may need to wait or get a liner I do not want. I would have been fine with no liner and getting it added afterwards.
I commend you for being the voice of reason in the thread. (y)
Sponsored

lmbrjackpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 HB Premium
Spray in bedliners aside, has anyone's website build magically "disappeared?" I'm trying out find out if they've closed the orders for 2022. Was going to the dealership tomorrow to place my order. Guess I should have done that last weekend, but I wanted time to debate hybrid vs. Ecoboost, XL vs. XLT. Can anyone confirm if orders are closed?

zazoo-parody-tantrum.gif
Sounds like orders are closing early next week according to Fordvideoguys livestream on Tuesday. So definitely get your order in this weekend. Some others have posted that some options such as the First Edition is no longer available to order.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having a XLT Lux with the factory spray in liner I can say if for supply reasons I would have received a bare bed and had to go aftermarket for the spray in I'd be ok with it SOLELY because I would want the edge of the spray material to cover more than the factory does.

That said...........
I definitely would not want a drop in. I'm surprised they even still exist in this day and age. Better for Ford to offer a credit for any accessory the buyer wants , either one readily available at the time of manufacture of the truck or a dealer/owner added item at a later date.
BUT..........There's no way I would let this affect my purchase of the truck. It's an inconvenience not a major change to the vehicle or some sudden price increase that would warrant canceling my purchase.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
We all fed this monster when, against a lot of good advice, we chose to purchase a vehicle at one of the worst times in history. People like myself are probably the most idiotic, because we ordered vehicles loaded with all the options, half of which are sitting off-shore, waiting for workers who decided they donā€™t want to work anymore, to change their minds again, because not eating and paying the bills turns out to be a questionable tactic. What makes me feel even more idiotic is that I have ordered (I think) a vehicle i have never seen or touched, much less driven, and seems only to exist on YouTube videos. Hellā€¦no matter what I do I still canā€™t get a signed buyerā€™s order from my dealer, to whom I actually gave $500! So it seems like whatā€™s proliferating at this time is a growing wave of stupidity, and not a growing inventory of actual goods. Iā€™m not going to pull out my revenge weapons just now, because I deserve everything thatā€™s coming to me (or not coming to me). In my seventh decade I should have known better. I live in hope - fool that I am.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if mine shows up with a drop in liner i will simply ask for it to be removed, and be credited that amount, or they can take it to the bedliner place of their choice (line-x, bullet) and have it done and ill pay the same.

they can then add a drop in liner to a bare truck on the lot when it comes in.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We all fed this monster when, against a lot of good advice, we chose to purchase a vehicle at one of the worst times in history. People like myself are probably the most idiotic, because we ordered vehicles loaded with all the options, half of which are sitting off-shore, waiting for workers who decided they donā€™t want to work anymore, to change their minds again, because not eating and paying the bills turns out to be a questionable tactic. What makes me feel even more idiotic is that I have ordered (I think) a vehicle i have never seen or touched, much less driven, and seems only to exist on YouTube videos. Hellā€¦no matter what I do I still canā€™t get a signed buyerā€™s order from my dealer, to whom I actually gave $500! So it seems like whatā€™s proliferating at this time is a growing wave of stupidity, and not a growing inventory of actual goods. Iā€™m not going to pull out my revenge weapons just now, because I deserve everything thatā€™s coming to me (or not coming to me). In my seventh decade I should have known better. I live in hope - fool that I am.
I feel ya. The weekend is coming my friend. Breathe , or drink heavily, and relax. (y)

Marcus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drop in bed liner is a lousy replacement for them to sub with. Hoping this doesn't effect my FE order, I will not be satisfied with it.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We're ALL feeling this. Do I NEED a new vehicle? No. I have a perfectly good 7 year old Honda Accord with a little over 76K miles on it that runs like a champ. Do I WANT a new vehicle? Of course... who doesn't want a new ride? We're all excited about the Maverick. The only reason I'm considering a replacement for my Honda is to get my other half to quit his bitching about me having a stick shift. What irks me is that I've NEVER put money down on a car before. Why should they get to accrue interest on our money when they know they can sell these things on their lot if any of us decide to walk? Is the Maverick nothing but a dangling carrot at the end of a stick for consumers who are sick to death of the last two years of this COVID-19 crap?

Have all of us been duped?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I want a spray in liner and I also want heated seats so removing the lux package probably not an option. So you think I should hear about this change directly from Ford as well as from the dealer? How do the Ford drop in liners provide access to the tie down hooks? Do they cut out holes? Iā€™ve had drop in liners before and the spray in liner is so much nicer. Hey youā€™re a great source of information I watch on YouTube. Thanks
They have holes for tie downs, that's probably what is taking so long because of the flexbed grooves and all the tie downs.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dude, you've gone too far down the rabbit hole on all of this. treat yourself to a few days away from this and clear your head. Go fishing, golf, hiking- whatever you do for enjoyment and stress relief. It all helps keep us sane in trying times.

Sponsored

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And then theyā€™ll say no and sell it at a markup after your 48 hours are up to the first person who shows up on the lot.

Buyers donā€™t have much negotiating room in this market so good luck if that happens.
maybe, maybe not. Iā€™ve got a pretty good repor going with my sales guy, this will be the 4th deal coming thru me in the last 3 months.

Iā€™m good for biz. šŸ¤£

edit to add, my truck supposed to have been built last week, so Iā€™m really hoping it just shows up with a spray in liner.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
maybe, maybe not. Iā€™ve got a pretty good repor going with my sales guy, this will be the 4th deal coming thru me in the last 3 months.

Iā€™m good for biz. šŸ¤£

edit to add, my truck supposed to have been built last week, so Iā€™m really hoping it just shows up with a spray in liner.
There is no way i would let a dealer screw me after the wait. if you donā€™t want the truck when it comes in just call a wholesaler and put a couple grand in your pocket.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no way i would let a dealer screw me after the wait. if you donā€™t want the truck when it comes in just call a wholesaler and put a couple grand in your pocket.
if they wonā€™t play nice, Iā€™ll take the cost on the chin and add spray in myself. $500 ainā€™t gonna make or break me.

but like I said, Iā€™m hoping it doesnā€™t come to that, Iā€™m hopeful my truck already has it done as itā€™s got the modules populated already, but not showing built yet on the tracker.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People. You are stressing over what someone posted. Probably not even true. The waiting I think is affecting our brains. Remember, Ford has only been producing since Late September. For Pete's sake. Take a moment and chill.

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
This would be a mess and buyers will need to be contacted and make a decision, likely change orders will result in further delays and scheduling for those vehicles - possibly orders that are just base all around might jump ahead.
I would just have them pass along the spray in liner installation to the dealer after arrival.
Sponsored