Sponsored

No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ?

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll also keep the torch and pitchfork in reserve for the moment, but I will also be unhappy if my June order (not scheduled yet) is deemed to now receive a drop in liner as part of the Lux package instead of a spray-in. Having gone through this with the Bronco (before I finally withdrew that order) already, this doesn't exactly make me feel great about this process. And, yes, I know there are the supply chain caveats, but still....
Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I haven't seen drop in liners since about the early 90's. Would they still work with the rail system on the luxury package? Would we still be able to add clamp on tonneau covers?

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't seen drop in liners since about the early 90's. Would they still work with the rail system on the luxury package? Would we still be able to add clamp on tonneau covers?
IMO. Drop in liners scratch the heck out of beds. Almost looks like someone threw couple pails of rocks in the bed.

If my truck was to show up with a drop in would have dealer take directly to Line X for a spry in. Either give me couple of bucks for drop in or throw it in the dumpster.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drop in liner shouldn't even be an option they scratch the bed themselves and everything slides around in the bed constantly. If they alter already scheduled and ordered vehicles Ford is gonna have a shit storm and alot of special orders sitting around.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
visited with my local dealer few days ago and looked for known constraints in system. I plan to add spray in liner to my XL build when I order in a few weeks and there was nothing internally indicating I could not do it. Wait times are not an issue for me.

YMMV

Sponsored

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
My Ford salesperson called today to inform me that Ford is substituting the drop in bed liner for the spray in liner. I have an XLT ordered with lux package which includes spray in liner. He said you can’t remove the drop in liner from the package and no Ford $$compensation. He suggested me taking out the drop in liner and selling it then find a shop locally and have a liner sprayed in.
Not gonna lie, that sucks. That makes the lux package not as attractive IMO. They should just remove it and drop the price. I think a line-x might be a better quality product anyway. I'm scheduled for my line-x next Tues. I've also ordered my Tuxedo Pro X15 tonneau and I'm picking up the all weather floor mats from my dealership Monday using my Fordpass points.

TomMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed an order on Monday morning (Nov 1) at my dealer when they opened.
My order confirmation has the XLT Lux package listed. The Ford confirmation email at 9:53 AM list everything as ordered. Listed the Spray in Bed liner. Many rumors floating around.

Update on November 26, 2021. I just visited my dealer and changed my order to "Drop in Bedliner".
I have done some research and decided to add an aftermarket "Bed Rug" and Solid Bed Topper instead. I need to secure storage and additional room the topper will have.

Last edited:

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, let me echo a few others. I am not accepting a substitute for my spray in liner that I already have ordered and put a deposit on. That is a deal breaker. I am already willing to wait it out for the truck I ordered, I am not going to accept a lessor product.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The spray in thing was on the last manufacturing constraints report. Drop in is a poor substitute. Most people will think hard about what they want and why. I dropped the bedliner from my order altogether since it can be had on the aftermarket.

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I wish the luxury package was segmented into three packages. One would be a climate package for the heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel, and windshield deicer, a cargo package that included the spray in liner, bed rails, and trailer hitch, and finally a comfort and convenience package that included power seat, larger productivity screen and push button start. The biggest reason I got the luxury package was for the power seat and now I may need to wait or get a liner I do not want. I would have been fine with no liner and getting it added afterwards.

Elks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, RAV4 Prime
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed an order on Monday morning (Nov 1) at my dealer when they opened.
My order confirmation has the XLT Lux package listed. The Ford confirmation email at 9:53 AM list everything as ordered. Many rumors floating around.
I encountered this issue (drop-in instead of spray-in with XLT Lux) on Tuesday (Nov 2) afternoon when I went in to my dealer to place my order. They said it was the first time they'd seen the liner switch- they had/have no idea why this happened when they input my order. They're looking into it to try and get some clarity on this.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spray in bedliners aside, has anyone's website build magically "disappeared?" I'm trying out find out if they've closed the orders for 2022. Was going to the dealership tomorrow to place my order. Guess I should have done that last weekend, but I wanted time to debate hybrid vs. Ecoboost, XL vs. XLT. Can anyone confirm if orders are closed?

Ford Maverick No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ? zazoo-parody-tantrum

OP
OP

upnash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Dodge Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As far as I know, spray in liner is included in the luxury for all orders. If they change that, they will inform order holders so I don't believe this is true. I know they are thinking about a way to remove the spray liner from the luxury package but last I heard they hadn't decided on it. WHEN they decide to do that it will be updated in the order guide and would probably be a Job 2 change.

They did that with the Bronco, shut down builds, added wiring prep kit to cloth top as part of changes for Job 2.
I want a spray in liner and I also want heated seats so removing the lux package probably not an option. So you think I should hear about this change directly from Ford as well as from the dealer? How do the Ford drop in liners provide access to the tie down hooks? Do they cut out holes? I’ve had drop in liners before and the spray in liner is so much nicer. Hey you’re a great source of information I watch on YouTube. Thanks
Sponsored