No More Spray In Bedliners (says dealer) ?

Big_T

XL
First Name
T
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (already sold)
Trim
XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir. Already emailed my salesman so I’m hoping to get this cleared up. What are your thoughts on ford saying hybrid hold on 11/15 and you can still order the hybrid on Ford.com right now.
Unfortunately, the website is always slow to update with changes. Here's a video with some info for you. There is also a lot of information on this forum. If or when you get an actual DORA showing a hybrid ordered on November 18th be sure to post it in a new thread because it will be big news here. A few people have already posted that their order was rejected after the 15th.

Advertisement

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

XLT
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150, 2018 Expedition, 2019 Fusion Hybrid
Trim
XLT
At least your dealer called you to let you know. Mine hasn't issued a peep.

Tim, my order for Maverick XLT hybrid with LUX pkg was confirmed 6/14, got VIN# on Oct 21st with 12/13 build week. I thought the spray-in bedliner was still being offered for those who had a VIN# by end of October, but now my accessories list online at the Ford Tracker reads "drop-in bedliner." So that's that, right? Is it possible to get the bedliner DROPPED altogether from the LUX pkg and get it done after market?
What does your order sheet or window sticker show? That is what you will get.

SeniorChiefMM

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Trim
Lariat
My order for a Hybrid Lariat with the luxury package was confirmed on 7/3 but beyond the initial confirmation, crickets. I will not accept a drop-in bed liner. If that's all FOMOCO can muster up I'll pull it out, sell it and spray in my own Raptor system. Of course, that process will also be accompanied by plenty of negative feedback, general social media blasts that will run on for quite some time, and other visible gestures not generally viewed as acceptable by the softer-side of life (i.e. Gen-Z, Gen-X, or any who follow).

fordvideoguy

XLT
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150, 2018 Expedition, 2019 Fusion Hybrid
Trim
XLT
My order for a Hybrid Lariat with the luxury package was confirmed on 7/3 but beyond the initial confirmation, crickets. I will not accept a drop-in bed liner. If that's all FOMOCO can muster up I'll pull it out, sell it and spray in my own Raptor system. Of course, that process will also be accompanied by plenty of negative feedback, general social media blasts that will run on for quite some time, and other visible gestures not generally viewed as acceptable by the softer-side of life (i.e. Gen-Z, Gen-X, or any who follow).
Great news, they didn't change the Lariat Luxury Package bedliner. It is the spray-in bedliner.

SeniorChiefMM

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Trim
Lariat
The sad part is it will be harder to sell the drop in liner for close to retail with all the other ones pulled out of lux package trucks. If my lux comes with drop in Ill try and sell it to dealer then take truck to have spray in done.
If you end up getting the POS drop-in liner, consider installing a Raptor spray-in system. The quality is WAY ABOVE what blue oval shoots anyway. I've used it for four years on three other trucks and not only does it look great, it stays looking great. Be sure to prep well and mask EVERYTHING off to prevent overspray - check it out!

XLTLUXRED

XLT
First Name
JM
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, Fit
Trim
XLT
Gosh! That's excellent news! Any idea why it changed on what's shown by Ford in the online tracker for my vehicle? I don't yet have a window sticker (still 3 weeks to production), but here's a photo from the order sheet.

UPDATE: And! Mystery of mysteries....the online tracker has now switched back to saying spray-in!!

=WHEW!=
Y'know how people say "It's the little things"...? Well...yeah, it is.
Thanks again, Tim! You are keeping many of us sane.

439904F1-4FFE-456A-A026-193CABEC73CF_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

XLTLUXRED

XLT
First Name
JM
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, Fit
Trim
XLT
UPDATE! Over the weekend I had sent a note to my dealer with my concern about a possible change from spray-in bedliner to drop-in bedliner. (We now know, thanks to FordVideoGuy, that whatever is on your original DORA is what you will get.) But I wanted to update with his really great response, because the good dealers deserve recognition. Jake at Heritage Ford in Vermont wrote:

"This is the first I am hearing of this, but when I went to the online builder tool, they did change it to a drop in liner. If they did this I hope they would lower the MSRP to account for the difference. Talking with one of my managers, he heard that it was because of a lack of parts availability for spray in liners.

"I would hope Ford will honor the spray in liner for the customers who ordered it before the change. If they don't I will make sure that it gets one for the MSRP we all signed at when it was ordered.

"Either way, I will make sure it gets taken care of."

Very happy camper here!!! 😃👍

Larrythelunatic

Lariat
First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup
Trim
Lariat
UPDATE! Over the weekend I had sent a note to my dealer with my concern about a possible change from spray-in bedliner to drop-in bedliner. (We now know, thanks to FordVideoGuy, that whatever is on your original DORA is what you will get.) But I wanted to update with his really great response, because the good dealers deserve recognition. Jake at Heritage Ford in Vermont wrote:

"This is the first I am hearing of this, but when I went to the online builder tool, they did change it to a drop in liner. If they did this I hope they would lower the MSRP to account for the difference. Talking with one of my managers, he heard that it was because of a lack of parts availability for spray in liners.

"I would hope Ford will honor the spray in liner for the customers who ordered it before the change. If they don't I will make sure that it gets one for the MSRP we all signed at when it was ordered.

"Either way, I will make sure it gets taken care of."

Very happy camper here!!! 😃👍
An honorable man!
His dad raised him right.

Advertisement

Advertisement