Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Mav Tremor or something similar would have my attention. Eager to see more.
Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if that’s it, whoopdie do, it looks like the current FX4 Maverick. Doesn’t look like any renditionions of any Ford Raptor products I’ve seen. Raptor Ranger, F150, the Bronco all are aggressive.
This looks like a regular FX4 Maverick with a very mild lift kit.
Not impressed.
The Maverick will never be a "Raptor" It's a unibody people. Quit expecting it take on the Rubicon trail. How many lifted Honda Ridgeline's or Ford Escapes do you see out wheeling? None.

Comet71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Comet 71
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Mercury Comet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean if its just a front bumper/skid plate upgrade/slight lift/better tires and maybe a rear locker how much more could it be ?
I agree with you!! If we talking abt upgrades just get the Ranger or the Tacoma!

Last edited:

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
The Maverick will never be a "Raptor" It's a unibody people. Quit expecting it take on the Rubicon trail. How many lifted Honda Ridgeline's or Ford Escapes do you see out wheeling? None.
Good thing there's the Bronco Sport and Jeep Compass Trailhawk...

Sponsored

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd prefer they spend their time working on hybrid AWD version before they try to get fancy. I bet there's a lot more people hoping for that than a $40k off-road toy.

Manellous

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 Lariat Lux FX4 4K
I am batting Rattler is a code-name and the production vehicle will have the "Tremor" moniker. I could be wrong. Although I have to again state WHY? If they go too far with this they will completely shut the Ranger out of any market segment. These are my $.02.

Last edited:

Leadphinger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman (SOLD)
CONSPIRACY TIME!!!

Okay bear with me here...but the ride height of this truck changes from the upper photos in the rain to the lower images of the car on what looks like a closed course. Either the Ford engineers added a lift kit at some point...OR....THIS TRUCK HAS A VARIABLE RIDE HEIGHT, AIR SUSPENSION!!!

Can anyone think of any reason whatsoever why the ride height appears to change dramatically between the rain photos and the close course images!?!

Sponsored

Rolandus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is not resting on the strong response to its Maverick pickup, and has begun testing a more off-road-focused prototype, as evidenced by this new prototype we spied.

Different Camo Catches Our Eye
This new prototype gets a fresh disguise treatment—different from prior Maverick’s caught before it went official. Those earlier Maverick prototypes had graphic camo stretching into the roof pillars, while leaving the lower ground effects and bumpers undisguised. This new Maverick prototype has its bumpers and side sills fully camouflaged, while the graphic wrap stops just below the door handles.

New Off-Road-Focused Front Bumper
While all current Mavericks get traditional front bumpers, this prototype shows signs of a new front skid plate, and a design that promises a much better approach angle. What at first glance looks like a disguised bumper with a rather low front chin, looks phony upon closer examination. It appears that Ford's disguise artists have placed fake caps on the outer corners of the front bumper, to hide the new clearance-minded design treatment.

FX4-Based Prototype
This prototype has a visible FX4 sticker on the rear corners, and the visible independent rear suspension confirms that this Maverick is AWD.

It’s too early to tell how deep Ford will go down the off-road rabbit hole on this Maverick prototype, but it’s clear that efforts are under way to keep the lineup fresh as it goes into its second year on sale. As we know, Ford trademarked the name “Rattler”, and many believe this new moniker is destined for a special-edition, more off-road capable Maverick. We’re not sure of the name, or what else might be hiding beneath that camouflage, but Ford is clearly working on a special new Maverick variant to satisfy more adventurous customers.

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-1.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-2.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-3.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-4.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-5.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-6.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-7.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-8.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-9.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-10.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-11.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-12.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-13.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-14.jpg
I would prefer to see a Maverick hybrid AWD drivetrain similar to a Toyota AWD hybrid as seen in the RAV.

LongshotXL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Given it is a Ford though, I think "rattler" is an awful marketing blender to pick for a name. It just really opens the whole thing up for a lot of jokes. I mean, I just ordered an XL and it's already going to be a rattler.
I can confirm my XL is a "rattler."

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd prefer they spend their time working on hybrid AWD version before they try to get fancy. I bet there's a lot more people hoping for that than a $40k off-road toy.
Same, I would have spent money on a awd hybrid lariat over my 2.0 awd lariat.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CONSPIRACY TIME!!!

Okay bear with me here...but the ride height of this truck changes from the upper photos in the rain to the lower images of the car on what looks like a closed course. Either the Ford engineers added a lift kit at some point...OR....THIS TRUCK HAS A VARIABLE RIDE HEIGHT, AIR SUSPENSION!!!

Can anyone think of any reason whatsoever why the ride height appears to change dramatically between the rain photos and the close course images!?!
Yeah testing of a Ford product lift kit?

The lift and front bumper could just be Ford products being developed and tested for market for the current Maverick.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, someone horked that wrap job:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored