deadeye

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Trim
XLT
I do like this look, but this is a longitudinal engine, Body on-frame, with beam axles which will be way more off-road capable than any FWD based unibody with similar lift.

Curious how many are lifting thier honda ridgelines.

Maverick is better at different things, and I like what its better at. Unibody, low, and street focused tires low makes it quiter, better car like ride, better mpg, and easier to use the bed.

If I wanted more off road but still a truck bed, Ranger is way better angles and clearance, and FX4 gets you even more off-road improvement than FX4 on Maverick because the architecture allows it. But then you have to drop 30% mpg from 27mpg to 19mpg with a more truck ride and noise.

Its all about the right tool for the job and tradeoffs for each model and customer. Can you lift a Mustang and put 35's on it, Yes, but why not just get a Bronco with front anr rear lockers? Can you put a V8 in a Bronco and slam it to the ground on Street race tires, Yes, but why not just get a Mustang that will handle much better.

kingranchero

Lariat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Trim
Lariat
The slightly taller front end in some of the pics along with the obviously different front valance/skid plate combo I wouldn't say are nothing. But outside of that, yeah, really nothing else to see..

Unless you're in on this project and the comments here have struck a cord :oops: bye, bye Rattler
🐍

Captain

XLT
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible / RAV4 Hybrid / 02 Sport Trac
Trim
XLT
CONSPIRACY TIME!!!

Okay bear with me here...but the ride height of this truck changes from the upper photos in the rain to the lower images of the car on what looks like a closed course. Either the Ford engineers added a lift kit at some point...OR....THIS TRUCK HAS A VARIABLE RIDE HEIGHT, AIR SUSPENSION!!!

Can anyone think of any reason whatsoever why the ride height appears to change dramatically between the rain photos and the close course images!?!
Cause it’s 2 different trucks? Do you actually think Ford only has 1 truck at a time to develop?

ToothGrinder

XLT
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda 3
Trim
XLT
If they make a Maverick that has those Bronco features that makes it more off-road capable then I’ll definitely upgrade after a few years as long as the market is good for it.

AngloSoup

XL
First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Trim
XL
Not a fan of the paint job.
I dunno, I want tech-cammo added an option for my truck. Everyone would think I'm driving a special prototype. Could have fun with that. 3d print some weird shapes to affix to the body and cause all sorts of weird rumours.