MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never loved the Raptor grill, but overall I think it looks great and would be very interested if they were to make a version of the Maverick like this.

Reactions: Doc

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya looks slick... Good job

Sponsored

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, does that Maverick have a solid rear axle? :)

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
If you've ever off-roaded in a small, light vehicle, you know how amazing this could be. If not, go find yourself a 90's Suzuki with a manual transmission, take it off road, then come back and look at those images again. I just watched a video review of the Bronco Sport Bandlands Edition where they took it off road and found it surprisingly capable, even without a solid rear axle.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you've ever off-roaded in a small, light vehicle, you know how amazing this could be. If not, go find yourself a 90's Suzuki with a manual transmission, take it off road, then come back and look at those images again. I just watched a video review of the Bronco Sport Bandlands Edition where they took it off road and found it surprisingly capable, even without a solid rear axle.
I didn't mean to imply the Maverick needed a solid rear axle, I just thought the render looked like it had one with a low hanging rear differential. For what I do, I'm totally satisfied without solid axles.

That being said, I don't think we're getting a Samurai successor here. The Samurai was 2059 lbs. The Maverick will likely be around 4000 (the smaller Bronco Sport Badlands is 3700).

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
let's see the interior with the rear locker button. That would be quite a feat

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
I didn't mean to imply the Maverick needed a solid rear axle, I just thought the render looked like it had one with a low hanging rear differential. For what I do, I'm totally satisfied without solid axles.

That being said, I don't think we're getting a Samurai successor here. The Samurai was 2059 lbs. The Maverick will likely be around 4000 (the smaller Bronco Sport Badlands is 3700).
I would not really want something like the Samarai. But with how big even the wrangler has gotten, not to mention the Raptor and TRX, I think sometimes people forget how much fun a small, capable, lighter weight off roader can be.

I'm guessing this forum exists in part because folks have all kinds of ideas about what Ford can do with a vehicle like the Maverick. The great thing about a compact vehicle like thie Maverick is that it could be a real Swiss Army Knife. Not the best at any one thing, but pretty damn good at a lit of things.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not really want something like the Samarai. But with how big even the wrangler has gotten, not to mention the Raptor and TRX, I think sometimes people forget how much fun a small, capable, lighter weight off roader can be.

I'm guessing this forum exists in part because folks have all kinds of ideas about what Ford can do with a vehicle like the Maverick. The great thing about a compact vehicle like thie Maverick is that it could be a real Swiss Army Knife. Not the best at any one thing, but pretty damn good at a lit of things.
I've really enjoyed seeing all the different things people want in a vehicle and I too hope that it ends up a Swiss Army knife of a truck.

I think the 2 door Wrangler is still likely to be much smaller than the Maverick, though. I suspect that the Maverick will be over 2 feet longer than the Jeep (which comes in at 166 in) and weight a bit more, though that will be close. I suspect it will be 6 inches or so longer than the 4 door Wrangler Unlimited (which is 188in long), though I'd guess the Maverick will weight less. Ford's own Bronco will be similarly sized but somewhat heavier, so the Maverick might come in under that.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, I wish they styled the actual trucks a bit more like these renders in regards to the fender styling. It would solve all my issues with how flat and boring I think the side shots of the Maverick looks.

Well at least we can hope for a fender flare option from Ford(or the aftermarket). That would partially help at least.
Sponsored