Sponsored

Can we talk about how Maverick is being sold at nearly double its MSRP?

First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A XL for $46,535?!!!!! SERIOUSLY!
What part of gouge does Villa Ford Of Orange not understand if this is true? (Pbly ALL of it!)
A salesman at Villa Ford of Orange once tried to sell me a Prius that wouldn't start. That guy hounded me for 2 days, dozens of calls and texts, until I finally yelled at him to stop. NEVER shopping there again, needless to say!

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...ick-xlt&year_max=2022&year_min=2022&zip=93309

I know the maverick is hot item but does anyone else find these market adjustments to be insane? I cant remember a vehicle being sold 2x the MSRP. Its just not ford dealers its every dealer that can get their hands on it

Is the lack of supply really pushing this ? Or is part of the small truck revolution?
Apparently itā€™s all of the vehiclesā˜¹ New website for listing ADMs and here in FL Toyota dealers seem to be in first place! Markups.org. I just added my favorite, Gary Yeomans Ford Daytona Beach!

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I decided to run that VIN number through Carvana and with 3,000 miles was offered $31,200. Carmax wouldn't give me an offer. I'm going to assume Carvana and Carmax aren't that far apart so the original owner of that car almost certainly sold it to Carmax for more than MSRP. I'm guessing there's no handwringing for consumers selling cars to dealers over MSRP.
Yeah, Carvana offered me $5,500 more than I paid for mine.

Sponsored

Tx_actual

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride, Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it is very easy to jawbone about the dealerships being the villain for charging over sticker for these vehicles, it's a tango. It takes two to dance. The people that are willing and continue to pay over sticker are also 50% to blame for the game.
True.
https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...ick-xlt&year_max=2022&year_min=2022&zip=93309

I know the maverick is hot item but does anyone else find these market adjustments to be insane? I cant remember a vehicle being sold 2x the MSRP. Its just not ford dealers its every dealer that can get their hands on it

Is the lack of supply really pushing this ? Or is part of the small truck revolution?
Itā€™s the market. That is a pretty insane increase but if someone is going to pay it I canā€™t be mad at the dealer. Now on the other hand if they screw someone over on their order so they can turn around and mark it up thatā€™s pretty bad. But this market is also why a lot of us can sell our used cars for more than we paid. I sold my Crosstrek back to the dealer for 5k over what I paid.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
C8 Corvettes are selling for 2x msrp. If any manufacturer had cars sitting on lots none of this would be happening.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not quite true. 40,695 sticker price. I didn't even get the bed extender, mud flaps or the fold out tool boxes :(

image_0(6).jpeg
Yes, but I was referring to to 48 k 49k post. Can you find one of those?

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question instead is what about the many deals shown at MSRP? do you think they will be honored or if you call get a surprise marked-up..?
maybe worth driving 400 miles to get a maverick hybrid sooner...

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my lariat hybrid 2 days ago. Before I even left the dealership 2 employees offered to buy it. The GM told me to be prepared for people offering at least 10k over what I just paid.

it would take a whole lot for me to be willing to part with mine after the 9 month wait. Not to mention how much I am loving it so far.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While it is very easy to jawbone about the dealerships being the villain for charging over sticker for these vehicles, it's a tango. It takes two to dance. The people that are willing and continue to pay over sticker are also 50% to blame for the game.
I hear ya however the President of Ford decided to take on this issue but it is merely a PR stunt. From what Ive seen NOTHING is being done- but hey it makes good headlines.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44172/ford-boss-puts-the-kibosh-on-unreasonable-dealer-markups

Weā€™ve all seen it happening, especially in the last two years. Dealerships are cashing in on popular vehicles and maximizing the supply and demand cycle with big markups. At Ford, CEO Jim Farley has made it clear that he is keeping tabs on shops going above and beyond what is ā€œreasonableā€ and wonā€™t hesitate to levy consequences in the form of reduced vehicle allocations, which includes the new F-150 Lightning.

Farley said during an earnings call this week that about 10% of the dealer network has been charging above MSRP, and heā€™s not thrilled. According to Gary Gastelu at Fox Business, Barclays analyst Brian Johnson estimated the value of the markups at $3.6 billion. For scale, Gastelu says, thatā€™s about half the increased revenue per unit Ford reported for 2021.

"We have very good knowledge of who they are, and their future allocation of product will be directly impacted," Farley said during the call. In my mind, I'm picturing him delivering this message with a hard stare. If a dealership has a middle name, Farley is using it right now like a father calling out a kid who is about to get in trouble.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My question instead is what about the many deals shown at MSRP? do you think they will be honored or if you call get a surprise marked-up..?
maybe worth driving 400 miles to get a maverick hybrid sooner...
Heres my experience - This is a refused customer order - There are NO Mavericks available at MSRP that you can find sitting on a web site. As Tim Bartz said and refused orders are sold within 5 minutes..........

GlennWatson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well if some want to pay $50,000 for a $20,000 truck then God love ā€˜em. But I have a signed piece of paper from
Ford that says $22,000. If I donā€™t get the truck for that price Iā€™ll know the reason why and so will everyone else.
Sponsored