First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to drive an old Chevy van. One day I was on my way to work when the ignition switch fell out into my hand. I quickly discovered I could still start the car with a flathead screwdriver and the van worked fine. I drove it for two years following that and even joked that I wasn't worried about people stealing my car; I was worried about them stealing my screwdriver.
I had a 64 Chevelle. Parked right in front of a train station while going to a concert at MSG. When I came back the ignition cylinder was out. The thing with this car if you pushed the clutch all the way to the floor the car would stall. Being 18 yo I just managed it without an issue. But the their could not start the car. I used a screwdriver for a cpl weeks.
Sponsored

Harry G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Lariat Lux 2.5, Ranger, Forester, Goldwing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gayle may be asking a innocent question. But to assume the bad guys aren't sitting on their phones researching how to make their lives easier is naïve at best. Google how to steal (insert vehicle) surprising how many sites pop up

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never thought my Cyber Orange would be theft proof but (y) :cool:

Sponsored

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You sound a bit paranoid. I'm sure a real thief would not need to use this site to find ways to steel Mavericks.
I am a legitimate club member, waiting for my Maverick to arrive like everyone else.
Anticipating these trucks will be in high demand for theft and resale.
Install a kill switch.
Keep your truck in your garage.

Your worried about theft of your truck that you have not received, that is paranoid.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello fellow Maverick kids!
Any weaknesses in the Maverick that thieves can exploit using russian hacking tools called Forscan?

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never thought my Cyber Orange would be theft proof but (y) :cool:
Someone may like it as much or more than you do. So it still has potential to be taken. Just not as much as say one of them purtty blue or red ones!!!

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put a hidden toggle switch in the fuel pump circuit.
I have an 81-diesel Rabbit Pickup that I think is probably as theft-proof as anything. First it is a manual transmission, it is an 81 so not exactly a beauty to behold. Then the diesel glow plug issue, the delay and the fact that the ignition switch doesn't go to the starter anymore. I have moved that high draw to a separate relay and it is activated by a momentary switch that looks a lot like a hazard switch in the lower part of the dash.

I should ask my son to test it for me if he comes for Turkey day. He owns a Dodge diesel PU so he might have an advantage. But if it foils him I will call it good enough. But if not then a separate kill on the fuel solenoid will do the trick.

Sponsored

Deleted member 14823

Hello fellow Maverick kids!
Any weaknesses in the Maverick that thieves can exploit using russian hacking tools called Forscan?
C'mon, what possible harm could there be from exposing all of your vehicle's sensors and computers to a third party software program that connects to the internet and has not been approved/vetted by the vehicle manufacturer? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If someone steals my gorgeous (👅) Cyber Orange punkin, it will be easy to hunt them down as they would have to catch a ferry to get off the island.
Not helpful for most of y'all...
Ford Maverick Maverick Theft--How to prevent it? 20221109_131533
Sponsored