Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep.
We got bigger and heavier and kept the MPG flat. Some consider that progress. In a way, on paper, it is.
Helping to stretch our limited supply of oil? No.
From the limited supply studies we should have ran out 10 years. There are new studies out of Australia I believe, that makes those studies look well uninformed. There are forces in nature at work which they say they have proof that continues producing oil. ????

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the limited supply studies we should have ran out 10 years. There are new studies out of Australia I believe, that makes those studies look well uninformed. There are forces in nature at work which they say they have proof that continues producing oil. ????
Haven't read that but I recall during 1979 or 1980 we were warned of a falling domestic supply of oil, something like 20 years supply left. Obviously necessity is the mother of invention and with more discoveries of offshore fields and the shale revolution the end of oil seems to be greatly exaggerated.
I know that exhausted patches will have seeps from the surrounding rock that can replenish a played out well to something like 10% but as far as I'm aware oil formation was a one time event. Dunno.
Can you find a source for that claim? I'd be interested in following up on that.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haven't read that but I recall during 1979 or 1980 we were warned of a falling domestic supply of oil, something like 20 years supply left. Obviously necessity is the mother of invention and with more discoveries of offshore fields and the shale revolution the end of oil seems to be greatly exaggerated.
I know that exhausted patches will have seeps from the surrounding rock that can replenish a played out well to something like 10% but as far as I'm aware oil formation was a one time event. Dunno.
Can you find a source for that claim? I'd be interested in following up on that.
It was a radio source about 2 weeks ago from Gary and Shannon show on KFI. Under their weird science segment. Maybe it’s still there..

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought a new Isuzu Pup diesel back in 82. 40+ mpg. One day when I was flooring it to get onto a freeway, I looked back and could not see anything because of ..yeah, the black rolling coal.. sold it a year later.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You would be surprised how many things I need 250hp for and towing is not one of them. Road rage, racing kids in imports the drag strip
That's what I have the bike and the sports car for
Sponsored