First Name
Gayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm interested in ideas on best ways to prevent your Maverick from being stolen. Not just from your driveway, but from a remote trailhead, for example. Can it be hot-wired? Fob jacked (if key is in your house)? I'm concerned because I think these trucks will be in demand from thieves.
Thanks,
Gayle
Sponsored

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm interested in ideas on best ways to prevent your Maverick from being stolen. Not just from your driveway, but from a remote trailhead, for example. Can it be hot-wired? Fob jacked (if key is in your house)? I'm concerned because I think these trucks will be in demand from thieves.
Thanks,
Gayle
“Gayle,” there’s a very helpful thread here full of morons who have openly admitted to leaving their keys in their Mavericks. Head over there and see where those trucks are located, and talk to those owners to learn what not to do.

I’m sure you’re just a sweet old lady who is definitely named Gayle who definitely is not trying to Hotwire and steal Ford Mavericks but wanted to see if there was an easy way in.

Remember, there are plenty of Kias and Hyundais out there if you need a nice set of wheels.

Happy carjacking!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to drive an old Chevy van. One day I was on my way to work when the ignition switch fell out into my hand. I quickly discovered I could still start the car with a flathead screwdriver and the van worked fine. I drove it for two years following that and even joked that I wasn't worried about people stealing my car; I was worried about them stealing my screwdriver.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks,
Gayle
the maverick is not "easier" to steal than any other vehicle. a towtruck can have it loaded very quickly no matter what anti-theft devices you install.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the maverick is not "easier" to steal than any other vehicle. a towtruck can have it loaded very quickly no matter what anti-theft devices you install.
I haven't implemented Ford pass yet, but I think it can text you If movement of truck occurs. Tilt etc.

bautek_mn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX Sport Wagon, Future Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tilt sensor and alarm definitely important, seems around here unless it's a Kia the thieves are grabbing cars with a flatbed in the middle of the day (who questions a tow truck driver?)

At home keep your fob in a faraday pouch or the microwave: Some cheap pouches

If you're worried about old-school hot wiring create a complicated War Rig-esque kill switch setup.
Ford Maverick Maverick Theft--How to prevent it? anigif_enhanced-29539-1436630875-6

Deej_big_max

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach E
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tilt sensor and alarm definitely important, seems around here unless it's a Kia the thieves are grabbing cars with a flatbed in the middle of the day (who questions a tow truck driver?)

At home keep your fob in a faraday pouch or the microwave: Some cheap pouches

If you're worried about old-school hot wiring create a complicated War Rig-esque kill switch setup.
anigif_enhanced-29539-1436630875-6.gif
This is the way.

OP
OP
Gayle D Price

Gayle D Price

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Gayle,” there’s a very helpful thread here full of morons who have openly admitted to leaving their keys in their Mavericks. Head over there and see where those trucks are located, and talk to those owners to learn what not to do.

I’m sure you’re just a sweet old lady who is definitely named Gayle who definitely is not trying to Hotwire and steal Ford Mavericks but wanted to see if there was an easy way in.

Remember, there are plenty of Kias and Hyundais out there if you need a nice set of wheels.

Happy carjacking!

OP
OP
Gayle D Price

Gayle D Price

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You sound a bit paranoid. I'm sure a real thief would not need to use this site to find ways to steel Mavericks.
I am a legitimate club member, waiting for my Maverick to arrive like everyone else.
Anticipating these trucks will be in high demand for theft and resale.

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Start checking out the RFID pouches,fabrics,etc. for when you are out and storage at home.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a company out there that creates a wiring system into your ignition that prevents theft on any vehicle. It involves using a two-part multi-pin connection harness. The truck has one part, you carry the other on your keychain. Not cheap, but certainly worth piece of mind and cost of truck replacement. My buddy has one on his 2002 4x4 Chevy Silverado diesel. Virtually irreplaceable. If anyone is interested message me and I'll try to get more info from him.

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You sound a bit paranoid. I'm sure a real thief would not need to use this site to find ways to steel Mavericks.
I am a legitimate club member, waiting for my Maverick to arrive like everyone else.
Anticipating these trucks will be in high demand for theft and resale.
I’m just teasing. All in good fun.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks,
Gayle
Get one colored Yellow
Sponsored