gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
22MavXLT

I'm waiting patiently for you to get your Eibach's installed. I installed my H&R's and I don't really love the ride. They don't make much noise..... if I slow down over bumps, if I'm going to fast over uneven roads, its almost as if the spring looses contact with the upper mount.
During install, I didn't like how the spring doesn't require the spring compressor at all, to mount to the strut. I'm about to head out and go over everything again. I'm not sure yet if I'll order the Eibachs or get the Goodwin Racing springs.
Been two weeks with my updated Eibach springs and the ride is fantastic now. I haven't heard a single sound or felt any movement coming from the front, I actually enjoy driving my truck again lol. Ride feels amazing too especially with the steeda rear sway bar and front strut bar
Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My awd Eibachs with updated front spring are for sale in the marketplace.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
22MavXLT

I'm waiting patiently for you to get your Eibach's installed. I installed my H&R's and I don't really love the ride. They don't make much noise..... if I slow down over bumps, if I'm going to fast over uneven roads, its almost as if the spring looses contact with the upper mount.
During install, I didn't like how the spring doesn't require the spring compressor at all, to mount to the strut. I'm about to head out and go over everything again. I'm not sure yet if I'll order the Eibachs or get the Goodwin Racing springs.
Me too, lol. I am not a fan of the HR's ride at all. It's not too harsh or stiff, but it doesn't ride as good as it did with the old Eibach's on it. My HR's were quiet for all of about 500 miles then the noises started. It makes as much or more noise than it did before, but it is intermittent. I think we have figured out what it is though, and it is where the dead coils are at the top and they resting on each other. I have gotten used to it now so I don't even pay attention to it and if I have the radio up and I can't even hear it.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too, lol. I am not a fan of the HR's ride at all. It's not too harsh or stiff, but it doesn't ride as good as it did with the old Eibach's on it. My HR's were quiet for all of about 500 miles then the noises started. It makes as much or more noise than it did before, but it is intermittent. I think we have figured out what it is though, and it is where the dead coils are at the top and they resting on each other. I have gotten used to it now so I don't even pay attention to it and if I have the radio up and I can't even hear it.
I'm starting to think it's the different struts. I can't wait for the aftermarket to build some better struts.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh there is no question in my mind the stock struts are GARBAGE to say the least. They aren't dampened correctly to handle a drop spring at all. It surprises me manufacturers haven't come out with something yet. I am hoping soon either Eibach or Belltech will jump in with something. Or if Koni, Bilstein or Q1A wants to give us some options feel free...

Sponsored

chilicoke

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been two weeks with my updated Eibach springs and the ride is fantastic now. I haven't heard a single sound or felt any movement coming from the front, I actually enjoy driving my truck again lol. Ride feels amazing too especially with the steeda rear sway bar and front strut bar
Curious what's the final verdict on (updated) Eibach spring ride quality vs stock? When they first came out everyone said they ride as well as stock, then the wide spread issue with noise and started to read not so favoriable ride quality comments.

Just took a 1,100 mile road trip this past week, really happy with how stock rides but part of me is really itching to lower it, but not really willing to sacarfice the smooth ride of stock especially considering how much suspension travel will most likely be reduced with the drop.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't speak to the new eibach springs but I can give you a comparison of the Gen 1s and then the HR Springs.

Eibach Gen 1: to me rode exactly like stock. Same feel, same handling (even though it was lowered) and same everything ALMOST. Now, throw in a bad, bumpy pot hole road and the ride was complete garbage. Fortunately I don't have that many roads around me to worry about. But I can't attribute the ride on those roads to just the springs, I have give some of the credit for the bad ride to the stock struts/shocks.

HR Super Sports: don't ride anything like stock even on the smoothest roads. You feel every lil dip, bump or crack in the road. It does handle a tad better, like a lowered vehicle should but it is still not great. I haven't had it on a bad bumpy pot hole road with these springs but I can about guarantee the ride would be worse than the eibachs. I do agree with one poster who said it feels like the spring comes loose from the top hat on certain obstacles as I have experienced that myself once coming out of a parking lot that had a sharp angle. Even my wife complained about the ride with the HR Springs and said "this thing beats you to death" and that was on our road that is newly asphalted.

Hopefully I will get my truck to my installer soon so I can give the new Eibach's a whirl. We are also going to install my Scale adjustable end links at the same time. No, they aren't needed but I bought them so we are going to use them and get the sway bar back to the same level as stock.

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious what's the final verdict on (updated) Eibach spring ride quality vs stock? When they first came out everyone said they ride as well as stock, then the wide spread issue with noise and started to read not so favoriable ride quality comments.

Just took a 1,100 mile road trip this past week, really happy with how stock rides but part of me is really itching to lower it, but not really willing to sacarfice the smooth ride of stock especially considering how much suspension travel will most likely be reduced with the drop.
If i can give a percentage of how it compares to the stock feel, i would say 80%. The ride is noticeably a bit stiffer but overall does not fee bumpy. My wife said she hasn’t really noticed much of a difference. I do have added sway bar and strut tower bar so the handling on turns is night and day compared to stock, now i can take those round freeway onramps much quicker. Only difference it has really made in driving is that now i take bumps a bit slower compared to when my truck was sitting at stock height.

chilicoke

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you both for the honest feedback. I've always been a little iffy about claims of them riding "just like stock", as my experience with adjusting multiple sets of coilovers on my S2000 tells me otherwise. It's basically impossible to not sacrifice something while chaning others, considering it's just a basic spring drop with that much ride height difference.

Roads are really smooth around here, but really enjoyed road tripping with the Maverick especially with the amazingly good MPG. I think I'll put lowering behind other creature comfort mods and think it over again in the future when more aftermarket parts are available.

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you both for the honest feedback. I've always been a little iffy about claims of them riding "just like stock", as my experience with adjusting multiple sets of coilovers on my S2000 tells me otherwise. It's basically impossible to not sacrifice something while chaning others, considering it's just a basic spring drop with that much ride height difference.

Roads are really smooth around here, but really enjoyed road tripping with the Maverick especially with the amazingly good MPG. I think I'll put lowering behind other creature comfort mods and think it over again in the future when more aftermarket parts are available.
I should add that I have put about 2K miles on the updated springs roadtripping and it feels amazing lowered even on long drives. All my past lowered cars were on coilovers, but with the stock struts on the mav it essentially feels very similar to stock, whereas the coilovers always felt stiffer even with adjustable dampeners. Also my tires are 55 sidewall instead of 65 so that may cause me to feel the road a bit more.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
22MavXLT

That's because it is almost the exact length of the mounts at droop, so there is minimal preload, therefore your perception is likely reality.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My H&Rs with the strut mount was at the top of the threaded shaft before tightening. Im betting i got some fucked up extra long struts lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My H&Rs with the strut mount was at the top of the threaded shaft before tightening. Im betting i got some fucked up extra long struts lol.
well that would fully explain the situation with the exploding bump stops as well. If the spring perch is different location than what it is supposed to be, then you will have less travel before hitting bump stop, thus, making it the weakest link before splitting. What trim level are you?

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
well that would fully explain the situation with the exploding bump stops as well. If the spring perch is different location than what it is supposed to be, then you will have less travel before hitting bump stop, thus, making it the weakest link before splitting. What trim level are you?
XL
Sponsored