ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll continue to follow all of your journeys with your Mavs hoping Ford fixes what needs to be fixed in yours and before my 23 comes. I'm not holding my breath on fixes for the 23's!
Sponsored

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first-year CMax (2013 and a bit later) had a transmission bearing issue which caused considerable angst for us early adopters and Ford eventually extended the trans warranty. I've no idea how many were affected (for sure several forum members had trans rebuilt) but when I traded at 106K miles I had experienced no issues. Roll them dice!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chicken Little! The sky is falling the sky is falling! Please, Please all you hybrid ordering folks. You should immediately bail. :)

Hybrid 12,355 miles as of my trip home today. Nary a shudder one. Since this thread and others I've really paid close attention to it and I can unequivocally confirm that I have no shudder. So, I do not believe it's all of them, but time will tell for sure.

Last edited:

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing close to a shudder I get is when Auto Start/Stop shuts off the engine, it intermittently has a rattle to it. And its not every time, either.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get your Maverick. Don't let this deter you. If it turns out to be a big problem, Ford will fix per warranty. They have invested far too much into this truck to jeopardize their sales and reputation.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing close to a shudder I get is when Auto Start/Stop shuts off the engine, it intermittently has a rattle to it. And its not every time, either.
First several times that occurred it 'rattled' me!

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trolls will be trolling.

The threads like this do cause a lot of shuddering though ...

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears that Mach 1 has taken his ball and gone home. He has removed his posts concerning transmission shudder and the cable lug fix. Hmmm...

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Big shudder today, felt like the Hybrid was going to shake itself apart for about 2 seconds.

Was crossing a two lane street, from one side to the other, and encountered a small curb on the other side.

The curb seemed to exacerbated a minor shudder into a major event.

3000 miles.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I'd be happy to look into things on my end!

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I asked before, I really wonder what percentage of owners experience a serious shudder. I don't doubt it is a serious issue for some but I'm not concerned enough to cancel my hybrid order. It is proven technology but there can always be issues with parts quality. Forums like this are great for owners to share info and I really appreciate that. The negative is that these forums also provide a place for trolls to hang out!

Squanch_Lopez

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I have thought about it, even asked my sales guy if it would be possible to switch my Hybrid order to EB FWD, but I think I'll stick with the hybrid. If shuddering or other issues arise, warranty should cover it, hybrid savings are worth it.

On a second note, just watched this video of a hybrid owner with 21k miles, still not affected by shuddering issue:

Last edited:

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad the one I have and the one I ordered are both 2.0 turbo

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have thought about it, even asked my sales guy it it would be possible to switch my Hybrid order to EB FWD, but I think I'll stick with the hybrid. If shuddering or other issues arise, warranty should cover it, hybrid savings are worth it.

On a second note, just watched this video of a hybrid owner with 21k miles, still not affected by shuddering issue:

It appears that the army captain that posted the video is not the contributor to the MTC site.
Too bad.
I’d love to know what parts were ordered and installed to cure his problem.
Sponsored