Sponsored

Will Ford create Hybrid shudder recall ? How many hundreds of posts we need to create about this issue?

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are Hundreds of posts on this forum in regards to Hybrid shudder.

On each of those posts, Ford representative answers that they "will help".

But all help is just pointing you to your local dealer, and dealer pointing you back because there are no recall for this issue.

What are your next steps?

Thats the only issue which i have currently on my hybrid maverick, but it annoys me a lot.

I understand when Ford dealer checks a message, and see one of a kind issue.
But when almost every second maverick hybrid owner reports it, and no steps taken, how is it possible?
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are Hundreds of posts on this forum in regards to Hybrid shudder.

On each of those posts, Ford representative answers that they "will help".

But all help is just pointing you to your local dealer, and dealer pointing you back because there are no recall for this issue.

What are your next steps?

Thats the only issue which i have currently on my hybrid maverick, but it annoys me a lot.

I understand when Ford dealer checks a message, and see one of a kind issue.
But when almost every second maverick hybrid owner reports it, and no steps taken, how is it possible?

There have been lots of posts....but I don't think we (yet) see any evidence suggesting that anywhere near 50% of hybrid owners are experiencing this.

If this is a fairly "common" issue, Ford may issue a TSB. There already is a TSB for a possibly related issue in hybrid Escapes (TSB 22-2061 HF45 Transmission - Rattle Noise On Cold Start).

I can't see how this would result in a recall. Perhaps FSA for extended warranty of a part.

The best way for Ford to know that this issue exists is for Ford dealers to contact Technical Assistance Center about the issue.

OP
OP
garn0

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me its Regenerative braking, every time i accelerate and drop gas pedal on 15-20mph, my car starts to shake.

Vibration on cold start is another issue.

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone should submit to NHTSA, Ford will receive pressure to investigate

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me its Regenerative braking, every time i accelerate and drop gas pedal on 15-20mph, my car starts to shake
Have you had this to your dealer for evaluation and repair? What was their response?

Sponsored

MavNick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-250, 1987 Chrysler Conquest Tsi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to sounds rude but Ford has a standard operating guide that doesn't include posts from a forum. If you have the problem albeit annoying you need to have it evaluated by the service department at the dealership. This will ensure that it is documented in the appropriate way and that is how they gather the data needed to potentially issue a service message or FSA.

OP
OP
garn0

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to sounds rude but Ford has a standard operating guide that doesn't include posts from a forum. If you have the problem albeit annoying you need to have it evaluated by the service department at the dealership. This will ensure that it is documented in the appropriate way and that is how they gather the data needed to potentially issue a service message or FSA.
Giving you example in this case.
When i had Audi, i was consistently getting recalls for airbags, sensors and other stuff. I did not even knew that they are not working correctly, and car was driving completely fine.

With Ford. I purchased it almost 8 month ago, 0 recalls.
No issues at all. ( at least what Ford thinks). Not single recall or even software update.
That sound that it works like a tractor on start up - fine.
Vibration when i drive 20-25mph - fine.

Only when i come to Dealership, and pointing them that it should not work this way, they are telling.
Oh yes "There is software update which should fix it". Guess what, nothing is fixed.

And even then, why i need to get an Issue, and drive all the way to dealership to point them on this issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP
garn0

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you had this to your dealer for evaluation and repair? What was their response?
Well, they said its 100% software issue. They did update.
None of the issues fixed.

Will need to do another appointment.

Got reached to Ford representative from this forum.
As usual "We will help you and we will reach out to you."
Besides that, nothing happened. No one reached out in over 1-2 months, thats it.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, they said its 100% software issue. They did update.
Yes, time for a new visit to the dealer. Time consuming and aggravating but that is what you need to do. I wonder if you can arrange to go on a test drive with the tech to demonstrate the issue?

If not cold start and not brake software update then I think I saw here an issue where the "damper" on the flywheel in the system was causing the issue. Sorry but that is way out of my area of expertise.

Here is one thread about this: Hybrid shudder recall | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Maybe you already saw it?

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 225km on my 2023 Maverick, it was initially perfect. Today I felt a few chunky / clunky transitions between gas an electric, then on the way home while taking foot off the gas and slowing (maybe lightly braking ?)while turning into a side street I experienced a prolonged rumbling/ shudder. It felt like it was in the engine area, you could feel it through the steering. I agree with everyone that it seems related to transmission or the handoff from ICE to electric.

I really don’t want to take my truck back yet… especially if no solution is known yet or it’s a big repair. I am curious if it happens again on my next drive.

Has anyone learned anything yet?

Last edited:
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 225km on my 2023 Maverick, it was initially perfect. Today I felt a few chunky / clunky transitions between gas an electric, then on the way home while taking foot off the gas and slowing (maybe lightly braking ?)while turning into a side street I experienced a prolonged rumbling/ shudder. It felt like it was in the engine area, you could feel it through the steering. I agree with everyone that it seems related to transmission or the handoff from ICE to electric.

I really don’t want to take my truck back yet… especially if no solution is known yet or it’s a big repair. I am curious if it happens again on my next drive.

Has anyone learned anything yet?
Yes!