BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I drove a lot (30K+/Yr), you've got me by by a large margin (about double)!
A little bit bit not quite double
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We already did a poll on this. About 85% said no problems.

mikedege

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10 months, not a single problem. Great truck!

Mike

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have a couple of members that have repaired their own battery cable lugs. I still recomend ALL hybrid owners to inspect their cables, it will save a possible break down, a dealing with the dealership and i will sleep better at night know i have a reliable Mav that i can drive across the US.
Iā€™m thinking about having my local mechanic replace the lug, but concerned that if thereā€™s eventually a recall on this, they may not perform the recall due to customer modifications, then leaving me unable to sell it because of the outstanding recall.

OTOH, not getting the fix done leaves me with a 15% chance of failure during a given interval. About as reliable as my 20 year old Ranger.

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread is a perfect example of confirmation bias. ā€œTell me what I want to hear.ā€

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m thinking about having my local mechanic replace the lug, but concerned that if thereā€™s eventually a recall on this, they may not perform the recall due to customer modifications, then leaving me unable to sell it because of the outstanding recall.
Nah, repairs to correct a condition that is recalled wouldn't disqualify you. If anything they'd likely reimburse for the cost of having it done by a third party.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only had mine for 6 weeks (364 days from order to delivery) and have about 1500 miles on it.

No issues at all. No recalls. I still have all the louvres in my grill.

Brakes can be grabby the last few feet of a slow stop. That's certainly the result of the program trying to maximize regen and balancing that against friction brakes. I've learned to manage it 95 percent of the time, but I think I'll have a jerky stop now and again forever...unless they push a killer firmware update sometime.

Mileage simply rocks; absolutely crushes the EPA rating.

MPier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So far, so good. 3k miles. So I figured actual gas savings over what is now 4 months of use. I was driving a 2019 F150 which sucked gas at the rate of the Jeep Wrangler my wife has. We both drive almost the same miles monthly so it WAS almost dead even on gas spend. The net savings with the Maverick is $120.00 per month thus far or $1440.00 annualized. Add the reduction in Auto Insurance of $600.00 per year (cheaper vehicle) and that's quite impressive. Lots of variable, I get it but for me, this is why I bought the Mav.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nah, repairs to correct a condition that is recalled wouldn't disqualify you. If anything they'd likely reimburse for the cost of having it done by a third party.
I suppose it depends on what the recall specifies, and what the 3rd party mechanic actually did.

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
12,100 miles as of today. No rattles, no shudder, no hybrid cable issue (thus far), no glowing cat. Mine was built Dec 28th, took delivery Jan 19th. Only thing I've done is change the oil a few times and did the (supposed engine fire recall). I average about 40mpg on combo driving. Love this truck!

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suppose it depends on what the recall specifies, and what the 3rd party mechanic actually did.
It's not hard; customer's vehicle was disabled, was it repaired? Yes.

I suppose in vague hypothetical edgecase-land where they just slap a hose clamp on or replace it with silver wire and machined golden terminals for $2000 they might look a bit askance at it.

MavNH

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8k miles on my hybrid XL and I love it! No complaints at all. Everything is awesome. Great mpg.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 5500 miles now and no issues except Bluetooth connection problems, but it only will occur sometimes. Iā€™m nitpicking here. Other than that no issues with remote start or lane assist or any drive features.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OTOH, not getting the fix done leaves me with a 15% chance of failure during a given interval. About as reliable as my 20 year old Ranger.
How do you come up with a 15% chance of a wiring harness failure? Of all the hybrids built and delivered around the world there is no way it is a 15% failure rate.
Sponsored