Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Arrrgh!

I have an order for a Hybrid XL with CP360 being the only option. I had it set up as a preorder back in August when it was not as clear that the Hybrid and XL would be in such short supply. The luxury packages were also a constraint back then as I recall.

Now that the XLT Luxury package is in ample supply now I asked my salesman by email to change it to be Ecoboost, XLT, Lux, CP360 which would change both the engine and trim.

That sounds like what Ford really wanted customers to do.

My salesman looked into and then told me that to make the change I would also have to add the Black Appearance Package(BAP) with an additional $1,645 cost to make the change! I would assume that was because the BAP has a high makeup for the dealership since it is mostly just making the same parts but in a different color.

I left the order as it was even though there is little chance of me getting a Hybrid XL.

We can add Krause Family Ford in Woodstock Georgia to the list of dealers to avoid. I will be so happy to see the Dealership model eventually end. @Ford Motor Company you can add them to your "naughty list" and give them a lump of coal for Christmas.

Fortunately when Ford moved the order date from August to September I was watching it closely when the order book opened and by the Monday after the order book opened I was seeing that the hybrid and Xl would be hard to get especially if the dealership I was using was short on allocations. I set up a backup order at a different dealership for an Ecoboost, XLT, Lux, CP360 and I am optimistic about getting that by the spring even though I would rather have the XL. I was planning on taking whichever order came in first and cancelling the other order.

Hopefully that dealership will not try to rip me off when it comes in.

With the stories that I have heard and my experience I am also very concerned about how Ford dealerships will treat me for warranty work or any recalls.

With the lack of trust there is little chance that after the warranty ends that I will use a Ford dealership for any post warranty service work even though I am willing to pay top dollar for needed quality work if I am not being ripped off. That may be common with all dealerships but I have found a few dealerships who would not try to do unnecessary work and I have used them even though they were not they were not cheap.

Even if actually get a Maverick that I am happy with the will actively be cautioning people about buying Fords when I can because the dealerships have been so bad.

When a vehicle is in short supply you might have to pay a premium and wait for it but I bought a new Subaru last year and there were no "Gotcha Games" like lots of people have posted about with Ford dealerships. It does not have to be this way.

If the 2024 ordering process and allocation is anything like it has been in 2023 I will also be encouraging people who want to order a Maverick to order multiple Mavericks at multiple dealerships even though that might cause problems with Ford's production planning. With the way the allocations work picking the wrong dealership can prevent your truck from being made so having multiple orders makes sense for that reason alone.
Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picking wrong dealerships Bs including the no allocation issue

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picking wrong dealerships Bs including the no allocation issue
Whoops I changed from hybrid xlt to xl I hear that reset my order as new order 10 days ago ,not to mention I’m
A last sept day orders priority 19
Sponsored