David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ain't that the truth.

You want to know the things that I've been unable to get at different points due to the pandemic?

Bottled water
Iced tea bags
Chai
Frappe mix
Flavored syrup
Cocktail napkins
Plastic cups
Cold cup lids
Drink sleeves
Soda
Apple juice
Orange juice
Soy milk
Straws
Stirrers

And these are not complicated things to produce. Semiconductors and auto parts are infinitely more complex.
Are you sure it's just not a way to charge more ? And have your profits go through the roof ? Just wondering ...

Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] IMG_0526.JPG
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

HEY, DID YOU HEAR, TIRES ARE UNAVAILABLE!!! We all need to write letters and complain to the Ford Motor Company that they should have seen this coming and planted more rubber trees in the Amazon jungle years ago!!! I thought they were suppose to be a professional company. :ROFLMAO:
Give Ford a chance, they must change their plans. Originally they was expecting 60% Eco boost to 30% hybrid. Reality is more of us has ordered the hybrid. So the assembly lines must be changed, the supply lines must be changed and supwplies must be acquired. This may take a little time. Someone at Ford just made a very bad choice, in planning. The Engine the eCVT and batteries must be acquired, for the new ratio of 60% hybrid 30% eco boost.
Wow where did you come up with that ? Ford from the start had this truck advertised as a hybrid. In the releases it was advertised as the 40 mpg truck, a standard base hybrid, and usually mentioned a 2.0 engine as also available. To say that Ford expected to sell more 2.0 non hybrids than 40 mpg under 20,000 hybrid trucks isnt true. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/ford-announces-new-maverick-hybrid-pickup-rcna1141

DETROIT — Ford Motor’s new Maverick truck will be the first pickup in America with a standard gas-electric hybrid engine when it goes on sale this fall starting at about $20,000.

Why in the world would Ford with all these marketing efforts on a hybrid think they would sell 60% standard ?

Last edited:

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you sure it's just not a way to charge more ? And have your profits go through the roof ? Just wondering ...

IMG_0526.JPG
I'm a reasonably intelligent man, but I'm not that smart. :sneaky:

Every time I go for supplies -- and I'm buying a Maverick to haul them so I can get rid of the 31 year old piece of crap truck I have now -- there's something I can't get.

So yeah, when I hear any company talk about supply constraints, I know they're not making it up and it's not something they have any way to plan for. Bitching about Ford not being able to conjure up all the supplies they need is like someone bitching at me for not having the flavoring to make them a caramel latte.

What are the businesses, whether it's a small business like mine or a giant one like Ford, supposed to do? If it's not available to us, it's not like we can wave a wand and make it appear. This isn't the MCU and we're not Dr. Strange.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow where did you come up with that ? Ford from the start had this truck advertised as a hybrid. In the releases it was advertised as the 40 mpg truck, a standard base hybrid, and usually mentioned a 2.0 engine as also available. To say that Ford expected to sell more 2.0 non hybrids than 40 mpg under 20,000 hybrid trucks isnt true. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/ford-announces-new-maverick-hybrid-pickup-rcna1141

DETROIT — Ford Motor’s new Maverick truck will be the first pickup in America with a standard gas-electric hybrid engine when it goes on sale this fall starting at about $20,000.

Why in the world would Ford with all these marketing efforts on a hybrid think they would sell 60% standard ?

My post was to address people that are knocking the constraints as if it is FORD's fault. They, FORD is in the business to make money for their stockholders. They have both short and long term goals that they are addressing simultaneously. Those goals have to be fine-tuned and even micro-managed because of the constraints. I do not envy any large manufacturing corporation right now; retaining employees, making sales to try to cover even the fixed cost, orders but no raw products, etc. A number of people on this forum think manufacturing is solely controlled by FORD and do not understand the outside forces they have to deal with.

They want to dominate the truck market and especially this lower segment. dominating this segment puts more product with their name on it in the marketplace. and gives the company greater visibility. It can also be the beginning of brand loyalty for that customer. All companies want repeat sales. The pandemic situation is not helping.

I personally believe that there is a problem with the eCVT portion of the build. They want to get it right before pushing them out to the public because it will give the company a bad name (for the segment) if they don't((remember the Fiero?)). They have found an untapped need and heightened the desire for it. If they do not get it right in the field people will go to another brand.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.
Stay Cool....
Excellent words to live by!

Sponsored

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't blame chip shortage That's BS next thing they will tell you there is a Katchup shortage .

Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] IMG_1955.JPG

Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] IMG_1955.JPG

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool story bro!

Bet it was parked and not moving huh?

How do you like these apple? That’s how it goes, right?

I am stoked to see one moving…but I am sorry, that $3.5k cap on there is like kissing your sister.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hold on to that feeling...
Streetlight People…
SF fan….hate it when they play this song, but amused to see it here

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My post was to address people that are knocking the constraints as if it is FORD's fault. They, FORD is in the business to make money for their stockholders. They have both short and long term goals that they are addressing simultaneously. Those goals have to be fine-tuned and even micro-managed because of the constraints. I do not envy any large manufacturing corporation right now; retaining employees, making sales to try to cover even the fixed cost, orders but no raw products, etc. A number of people on this forum think manufacturing is solely controlled by FORD and do not understand the outside forces they have to deal with.

They want to dominate the truck market and especially this lower segment. dominating this segment puts more product with their name on it in the marketplace. and gives the company greater visibility. It can also be the beginning of brand loyalty for that customer. All companies want repeat sales. The pandemic situation is not helping.

I personally believe that there is a problem with the eCVT portion of the build. They want to get it right before pushing them out to the public because it will give the company a bad name (for the segment) if they don't((remember the Fiero?)). They have found an untapped need and heightened the desire for it. If they do not get it right in the field people will go to another brand.
I wasn't referring to your post as much as I was saying Ford didn't project 60% sales of standard vs hybrid. Certainly the chip thing is partially beyond Fords control.

Caffeinated

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caffeinator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update September 9, 2021, 8:24 a.m. ET: In a response to Jalopnik, Ford Communications Manager Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin but reaffirmed that the decision concerns scheduling, not production.
Ford spokesperson's quote follows that line:

Update September 9, 2021, 8:24 a.m. ET: In a response to Jalopnik, Ford Communications Manager Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin but reaffirmed that the decision concerns scheduling, not production. This is Ford’s official statement:
We are currently building and shipping both hybrid and EcoBoost variants of the Maverick. As with any of our vehicles, we continuously adjust production to match demand with parts availability. We are excited that the Maverick will soon be on its way to dealers and customers and the launch remains on track for deliveries this fall.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't blame chip shortage That's BS next thing they will tell you there is a Katchup shortage .

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

Then what is your take on it? I have a feeling it is the eCVT component.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford spokesperson's quote follows that line:

Update September 9, 2021, 8:24 a.m. ET: In a response to Jalopnik, Ford Communications Manager Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin but reaffirmed that the decision concerns scheduling, not production. This is Ford’s official statement:
I think that they should add that demand was more robust than expected and there will be a significant portion of retail orders that will deliver in Q1 2022. The official statement as it stands leaves people thinking everything is peachy, setting them up for frustration.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is Ford’s official statement:
That is Corporate Speak and requires translation. It's not reading tea leaves; PR teams at these multi-nationals run the drafted words through a chain of reviewers. Basically the PR guy said:

"We build ProductX Variant 1 and Variant 2."

and then he says

"ProductX is on track ... for fall."

He did NOT say ProductX Variant 1 and Variant 2 are both on track. Ford can say this publicly without promising anything even if Hybrids get delayed into 2022. And there is precedence: Bronco Sport, Bronco, 2021 F150s, etc.

So this Ford PR guy used carefully crafted words run through the Corporate Speak machine to make sure FoMoCo doesn't get sued. I don't like it, nobody does, but it's how corporations roll.

I'll put my bet on the product manager / scheduler who didn't run over to PR for word-smithing and instead just flatly wrote "until further notice".
Sponsored

Last edited: