glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read so many posts about problems. I thought it would be great to hear from owners with the hybrid engine that have had no problems.
I'm planning on ordering a 2023 when the order banks open. That's why I posted here.
Sponsored

Mcuz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read so many posts about problems. I thought it would be great to hear from owners with the hybrid engine that have had no problems.
I'm planning on ordering a 2023 when the order banks open. That's why I posted here.
Going on 8000 miles with my hybrid Lariat and I love it. So far no issues. Also killing it on the mpg!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problems for me.

Have had my Maverick XLT Hybrid since December 13, 2021 so about 9 months.

Did a vacation trip over 12 days and 2804 miles in June with no issues. Have about 5250 miles on it now.

Again very happy wit it.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8200 issue free miles! Averaging 43 mpg and got 60 on my 15 mile drive to work today. The recalls are annoying though.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far, so good.

But let’s be careful not to minimize problems that quite a few members are experiencing. In particular, the early issues reported with the wiring harness may be the tip of the iceberg, especially over time. While I’m glad that my truck is running fine, I’m not about to be smug about it.

Last edited:

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5000 miles. 1 recall. No issues. Does it have little quirk's, yeah. But ever car I owned did too. Nothing like it so don't expect it to be like anything else you owned. I accepted it, it accepted me.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Closing in on 5k miles. Half a year with it. No problems, but thanks to this damn forum I'm always on the lookout lol

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Ok, I will be the bad guy, however truthful.

I just took care of my hybrid battery cable lug(dead battery issue). I tore my fuse box out, cut the insulation off cable to ensure it was welded/soldered. So that problem is gone and will not show up.

Problem #2 brakes are grabbing, lots of members here complain of these, i drive different then most and have adjusted my driving habits so brakes are ok to drive the way i drive.

Problem #3 Big time shudder either in deacceleration or acceleration switching from electric mode to regen. This is going to be a big problem down the road, i have 11100m on mine, when it was brand new to 5000m it didnt do this. Alot of members dont have enough miles or dont know that its shuddering.

I luv my Mav, it kicks butt, will drive the doors off, gets 50+mpg, stereo rocks, quietest truck i ever owned.

Hope this helps, sorry for being the bearer of bad news, just being honest.
Sponsored