First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No new battery issues. I use the app to see if there any applicable recalls, etc. and there aren’t any. No more problemas after paying the dealer $400+ for a new battery and diagnosis not covered under warranty on my less than one month old Lariat when it happened.
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid does not need cranking amps.
The 220 volt battery cranks the engine.

I put a plug-in charger on mine.
It seemed to keep the battery a little higher voltage for 1-2 days. Then back to normal. Normal for me is 11.9 to 12.1 each and every morning.

Dealer (Ford) won't replace the battery as long as the truck starts. Their take is it still serves it's intended purpose.

🤬

Okay. It's 10 months old. No way this battery is lasting 3/36k. They are getting me a new battery sooner or later. Waiting game.....
That's the same bs I get too. Aside from the deep sleep, no interior, drl, and cargo lights, the truck starts up fine every time.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. It's reverted back to no interior lights about a month ago. I've given up on doing anything else on my end. I figure the next step is to have the dealer figure it out with the CSP that was released a few months ago in addition to getting the air bag and whatever else recalls I can't think of at the moment.
OP here, mine is approaching 5 months since (non-Motorcraft) battery replacement and remains problem free.

It's important to remember that this may not be THE FIX for all, but it fixed my truck's issue...

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's still not obvious:

Is the battery defective or is the truck defective?

I'm leaning towards battery.
But there could be too much drain while the truck is off too. But I'm not seeing that aspect.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP here, mine is approaching 5 months since (non-Motorcraft) battery replacement and remains problem free.

It's important to remember that this may not be THE FIX for all, but it fixed my truck's issue...

Have you tested the voltage of your replacement after sitting 12 or 24 hours?

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
when Mav is ready for a new battery….can I change to a battery with more cold cranking ap s like 525?
OP here, when I replaced my battery there were ( and still are?) no higher amp/spec batteries available in the original T4 size and a physically larger battery will not fit without modification. Also, very few other batteries have the T4 vent provision that's needed to mount the battery inside the cabin like the Maverick Hybrid and T4

Last edited:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford / Dealer is not going to replace my battery even though the meter shows 11.9 volts. Reason: "Because it starts just fine."

Well ya, because it starts from the high voltage battery.
My 99 E150 has the same old battery in it that it had 5 years ago when I bought it. It still shows 12.5 volts after sitting all night with the power socket volt meter lit all night. 11.9 is not good.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here's a "shocking" aspect. (See what I did there?)

The cash price for a new battery at the Ford dealership is LOWER than the price of even the "economy" line of battery at any of the big box stores. And like 30% and 40% lower cost than the gold & platinum lines of batteries at the big chain stores.

Is Ford giving us all a price break?

Or as "Tommy Boy" would say "crap in a box with a warranty on the label?"

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you tested the voltage of your replacement after sitting 12 or 24 hours?

Thanks

I've seen zero deep sleep for almost 5 months now where for months prior I was getting DS every ~3 days and even when completely recharging each time. I've had periods in the last ~5 months where the truck say un-driven for 5-6 days, still no issue. I've checked voltage across the underhood pins a couple times, generally ~12.7 VDC.

We know there are multiple issues causing this concern. Bad cable/cold solder joint on the attachment lug, Software, ( and in some cases) the actual battery. I've reported here that I've had infant mortality issues with Motorcraft batteries on 3+ new Fords (Platinum Explorer, Platinum Expedition, Raptor and now my Maverick) where they failed in ~6 months and in each case I swapped them out myself. I've have others that lasted 6+ years. In my case, it appears if they last beyond ~6 months they are GTG for a long time....

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 99 E150 has the same old battery in it that it had 5 years ago when I bought it. It still shows 12.5 volts after sitting all night with the power socket volt meter lit all night. 11.9 is not good.
Mine has been 11.9 ish for more than 3 or 4 months.

So it's not getting much worse, at least not quickly.

Could it be as simple as one bad cell of the six?

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine has been 11.9 ish for more than 3 or 4 months.

So it's not getting much worse, at least not quickly.

Could it be as simple as one bad cell of the six?
Do they have covers to check with a light?

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Well is back to the drawing board for me. Each measure I've taken was to eliminate the cause. I now know it's not the ford pass, aawireless dongle, battery, or the powered sub. The search continues.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well is back to the drawing board for me. Each measure I've taken was to eliminate the cause. I now know it's not the ford pass, aawireless dongle, battery, or the powered sub. The search continues.

Darned,

Do you fully charge the battery each time it goes into Deep Sleep?

When yours is in Deep Sleep, it would be interesting to test the voltage (with a quality DVM like Fluke) at both the battery terminals under the seat and at the pins under the hood. A difference might suggest high resistance in the cable and a bad cable / cold solder joint on the cable lug that some have seen.

good luck!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The plot thickens.
Again, mine showing 11.9x this morning.
This time I removed the negative.
Then it shows 12.35.
Put it on a charger. Charger says starting condition 25%.
I will charge the battery and let it sit disconnected a while and see what happens.

Ford Maverick Hybrid +12V Battery Replacement 3A8F91B5-17F7-4B99-A74C-C895BD335EC8

chilicoke

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry forgot to update my 12v battery leaving me stranded situation from post #89:

12V battery/car left me stranded with no power on a Monday, that Wendsday I brought my car to dealer and a day after they called and said they perform both voltage and load test on my factory battery and it "failed all the tests," so they replaced it with a new repacement.

The VERY NEXT Moday the car left me stranded AGAIN, no power to unlock, no power anywhere in the car, looked on my phone and the previous night got a Deep Sleep notification on my phone that I did not see.

Waited for a jump as I didn't had access to my tools and drove straight to dealer, this time they kept my car for 3 days, said they wanted to see if the battery self discharges but nothing, then peformed their "tests" and the new battery passed, told me to keep an eye on it if it happens agaib so I picked up the car without any changes.

My guess is dealer probably forgot to reset BMS from the last replaceIt has been a week now and so far no deep sleep message, but from my multimeter I am seeing the samething we're all seeing, the battery can't hold voltage as a good battery should. I keep a portable jumper pack in my car now but I shouldn't have to resort to this band-aid solution on my end.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
@Ford Motor Company I have an EVEN BIGGER PROBLEM with my dealer filed/gave me the wrong Model Transition Private Offer amount AND pretending they never got my Retail Protection from Ford, owning me $1500 total, I have documented every single issues I've faced in my post IF Ford ACTUALLY want to help me resolve my problems.

I have CALLED Ford Customer Service OVER 50 times and have spent over 16+ total hours on the phone with them, despite being promised multiple call backs and have NEVER received a single call, my problems are STILL UNRESOLVED and I keep hitting a brick wall everywhere, Ford Customer Service has been NO HELP what so ever.

I love my Maverick buy my first time buying a Ford has been by far the worst experience by a long mile! Ford currently has multiple very compelling offerings that I'm sure many of my family members and friends will love, TOO BAD they won't know because I simply can't recommand Fords in good conscience after my own experience.
Sponsored

Last edited: