First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone moved or know of anyone relocating the 12v battery in the hybrid? I need all the space under each seat for custom fiberglass sub enclosures.
Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol. that sounds expensive

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Out of curiosity, where would you be looking to move the 12V battery to?

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone moved or know of anyone relocating the 12v battery in the hybrid? I need all the space under each seat for custom fiberglass sub enclosures.
Wow!! Sure this is a major NONO; would likely void the warranty and would also cost an arm & a leg. Not sure you could find anybody to do the work. Unless you are a certified Ford hybrid mechanic, I doubt that you could even complete the work yourself. Not to mention that the resale value would tank. Suggest you find another spot for the sub. LOL; sorry for being so negative.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fahrfrompuken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can do the work myself. Wiring, even large gauge stuff is easy.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whew. Have fun with all that. Probably automatic voided warranty

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You gotta keep in mind here, this is, first and foremost, a BUDGET compact truck, and as such most hybrid owners are going to really value the 8 year/100,000 mile warranty on the electrical and hybrid components.

Some will value it more because they bought this vehicle because of its affordability, and couldn't afford fixing faulty hybrid/battery components without the warranty. Others will value it more because they are unsure of how cheap Ford went with this vehicle and are worried about its reliability.

Regardless of the reason, you aren't going to find many owners, if any, in here that would be willing to void that warranty by moving the 12v battery.

Just like how this truck is proving to be a one of a kind in this market, I think you are going to have to live up to its name and be a maverick on this one and report back with your results.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So? What good is that?
8 years/100,000 miles of not having to worry about major expenses on covered items. Substantial in my mind, why throw it away for a mod?

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8 years/100,000 miles of not having to worry about major expenses on covered items. Substantial in my mind, why throw it away for a mod?
I understand. I'm just frustrated as I had mine at the dealership this week for dead/no start issues and came away denied, the FMC-trained hybrid expert indicating I had no issue. Also didn't get help from Ford Roadside Assistance.

I am having to mitigate my Ford reliability issues myself, hence my comment regarding the warranty's value.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand. I'm just frustrated as I had mine at the dealership this week for dead/no start issues and came away denied, the FMC-trained hybrid expert indicating I had no issue. Also didn't get help from Ford Roadside Assistance.

I am having to mitigate my Ford reliability issues myself, hence my comment regarding the warranty's value.
All good. I hate to hear that on your issue. That's just not right. Its well documented that Ford has an issue with that and other issues. Stay strong, keep fighting and escalating it up the line. Hope the best for you! Happy New Year

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All good. I hate to hear that on your issue. That's just not right. Its well documented that Ford has an issue with that and other issues. Stay strong, keep fighting and escalating it up the line. Hope the best for you! Happy New Year
Thanks, best wishes for a Happy New Year to you too, sir.
Sponsored