marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Toyota came out with anything close I might jump over. If they came out with all AWD or some 4x4 mode before I got my order in I would jump ship and wait it out. PHEV would be even better but not deal breaker as long as they could keep the price low enough but if it goes over what I would get for a tax credit maybe.
Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hyundai was first to the trucklet market with the Santa Cruz. Ford countered that with Base hybrid with much better mileage.
But...while it could be 6 months or more for some of us to get our Maverick, Hyundai isn't sleeping. They may very well transplant one of their hybrid engines into a new variant of the Santa Cruz.
Should they announce that in the next few months before you took delivery of your Maverick hybrid, would you cancel your order and consider the SC?
I must confess, I prefer the SC styling. It was the hybrid option and lower price that had me order a Maverick. You?
I strongly encourage you to monitor the SC forum… there are hundreds of minor issues and more than a handful of major in several cases debilitating issues with the trucklet. Transmission replacement, vehicle replacement and at least one law suit (poor Santacruzing). I have owned a Kia(sister to Hyundai)… My experience is, they are good until they are not.
Personal, I expect Toyota to drop their Atkinson hybrid into the Tacoma. I had the 2007 Camry hybrid, and my son is still driving it at 372k… yes The Tacoma is bigger 212.3” vs 199.7” but I would change if Ford can’t get its act together (I’m a Ford stock holder)

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Definitely no on the SC for the reasons stated above. Too expensive and not what I am looking for in a trucklet. The payload in the bed is 650lbs.

I think that the only manufacturer who would have a desire to and an ability to respond appropriately would be Chevy and if I am being honest - I can't ever see myself buying a Chevrolet.

Ford sells more trucks than anyone else. I'll put my faith in Ford to deliver me a good trucklet. Somethings are worth the wait.
If GM brings back the Avalanche on maybe the Equinox platform with the midgate system and their multi-function tailgate, I'm in. Electric and super cruise would be a bonus.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am a Hyundai guy. Last 4 cars I've owned and all have been very reliable. Current 17 Tucson has 140K miles and 1 repair. All bought slightly used.

Maverick is so unique, such a great value, I bought a brand new car for the first time in 27 years. Just hope the reliability is close to the Hyundai's.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me too on Ranger when they first came out I hopped, skipped, jumped to buy one until I saw how big they were (also $5k-$7k too high). After waiting 30 years maverick at bearable price with me being 78 and private vehicle ownership appearing not to be as affordable or even allowed, said "I can make this do for now". My #1 desired "Walla" package would be additional drive mode = "emergency power my house" but that would probably cost more than the $3k I would pay.
Or you could just buy a beefy generator and put it in the Maverick's bed. 😀

Sponsored

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do a Google search and the all new 2023 Tacoma will be offered with a hybrid but it doesn’t say if its a new hybrid system.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do a Google search and the all new 2023 Tacoma will be offered with a hybrid but it doesn’t say if its a new hybrid system.
Hard to imagine the Tacoma competing price wise with the Maverick, either. But it'll be a great truck, no doubt.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
The tailights whoch say "designed in CA" is enough to make me vomit.
Show me on the Bear where California touched you….

Ford Maverick Giving time for the competition to catch up B2E989BB-7503-4844-B475-752ABDE8AE02

Last edited:

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
I don't think Hyundai can deliver the value of the Maverick.
Ford can't deliver the value of the Maverick, either.

The other manufacturers have to have taken note of the demand for the Maverick, and have to be pondering bringing back their small truck lines with current tech. Just sucks it probably will be the 24 or 25 model year before they get something out.
Sponsored