You got some bad information, Michelin was not bought out, has been the same owner for many, many years. A public company based in France and the largest tire mfg in the world. They have a big plant here in Columbia, South Carolina. They own several brands including BFGoodfich.
I think I have a bad sensor, drove for a week and the one sensor never reset and still doesn’t regester a psi. Did a hard reset with a new tool and couldn’t get it to work. I’m just going to Mavis Tites and see if their reset tool will reset it or just replace the one.
What a pain in the ass. My two other vehicles I push a button and it resets, now for no reason on my Maverick I have to do the Hokie Pokie. Didn’t change tire, didn’t rotate tire and pressure was perfectly normal but my left rear tire sent a warning and it won’t reset by driving. When doing the...
We only drive short trips 3-5 miles and according to AI running your air conditioning at high levels (like in Columbia, SC) in the summertime gives you worse gas mileage. So going back to my previous statement I’ll expand, we don’t get much if any freezing temperatures and do so a decline for...
Your not comparing apples to apples, run your MVERICK IN 60-70 degrees and then run it at 95 like it gets in South Carolina all summer and it will drop 2-3 mpg.
They will want to drive it to verify. They got the parts the next day from their warehouse, actual work takes a few hours. They will need your truck for a day+ unless you can get them to drive it before closing to verify and bring it back when the cvjoint arrives.
Put my AGM in July, no Deep Sleep but I put my Noco Genius 5 on for about 3 hours each week. Gets up to almost 13.0 when I take the charger off but a week later 12.3-12.4.
Took my 2022 Hybrid in yesterday for the replacement (33,800 miles). The shimmy starts at 40-45 mph and up with your foot on the gas. You feel it in the gas pedal shaking, floor and front in vibrating badly. It stops when you coast. Service person said it will be covered by 5/60 powertrain...
I bought the AMAZON UPlus brand AGM size H4. The site will say it doesn’t fit but it is the exact same size as the flooded battery. The mfg will send you an email after you order, tell them it fits based on the Maverick website and they will release the order. Easy to replace, hardest part is...
I would do Dent Wizard, its different names in different markets but they just knock it out from the inside of fender and its 75% cheaper than a body shop. I’ve had many smaller dents taken out for $75-150 but that might be a little more do to the size. it is amazing what they can do with the...
I find it pretty funny that every guy that owns an Ecoboost quotes their “actual” mileage but always uses EPA for the hybrid. We consistently average 41 in the hybrid and many people much more. 3 long trips to Cincinnati 500 miles each way and we still got 40, probably due to the hills and...
I get the digital and print editions and 100% agree with Consumer Reports. Every year I get a questionnaire to report on the vehicles I own. They are spot on for the 22 Hybrid, good to very good rations but overall reliability much worse than average which I agree with. Probably a dozen recalls...
Deltran Battery Tender 3 amp version. I use it on my two BMW’s with AGM batteries and my Mav hybrid with flooded. I drive only 1,000 miles a year on one BMW and it brings it back in 2-3 hours and two hours on the one that gets driven 2,000 miles a year. The Mav. gets driven a lot but a lot of...
It works great if you have a sunroof, I bought a couple 10’ pieces of deck lumber which I ran thru the window (put some towels on the windows opening) and barely up thru the sunroof. They were braced against thee slightly ope tailgate and strapped down. Also used it for 8’ wood quarter round...
My neighbor an attorney here in Columbia was highly involved in selling VW on building the plant here. I told him at the Christmas party last year it would flop and he agreed due to pricing. Maybe VW will move production from their Audi EV plant they are closing in Belgium.
EV’s are dead, in the European Union they are only 12.6% of sales and Audi is closing their big EV factory in Belgium. Instead of introducing $60-120K vehicles US and German manufactures should have gone after entry level price points like the Prius. I don’t see it changing at all unless EV’s...