First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Of course no way of knowing for sure, but here goes anyway. What say you?

1. Order it extremely early or you will not get one like maybe Day 1.

2. If you get one, you would be able to flip it for at least 45K for XLT, 50K for Lariat.

3. Some who order will get them very early as Ford will be anxious to get them out in circulation and of course there will not be the usual Hybrid constraints to deal with. Some will start seeing their Tremors right after the first of the year.

3. The other manufacturers are going to accelerate their own compact off road capable trucks as the Tremor is going to take the off road scene by storm. Small, capable and much more economical as anything Jeep is making or even Bronco Badlands or Squatch. There are many videos now that show the standard or FX/4 Mav doing very well or at least acceptable against Tacos, Colorados and the like. The Tremor will bring it's A game.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd agree with ordering it early, not sure I'd agree with buying it to flip it. The trend I have seen is that the lower cost Mavericks - less than $25,000 - are the ones where you can make the most on them. The XLT Tremor will be $30k and the Lariat probably pushing $40k.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally I don't see a Tremor hanging with a BS Badlands when it gets choppy. Not to say the new rear end wont help but if if pushed to their limits the BS is more capable and will be ahead.

I do look forward to seeing the first dealer mark up on a Mav Tremor though. Should be spicy!

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pricing out what I plan to order (Lariat, Lux, Tremor, Moonroof) it'll be right at 40k. I can't see the market bearing out a profit as interest rates rise after taxes, registration, etc.

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pricing out what I plan to order (Lariat, Lux, Tremor, Moonroof) it'll be right at 40k. I can't see the market bearing out a profit as interest rates rise after taxes, registration, etc.
Hmmm, well mine is gonna be quite a bit more conservative at $33K. Mind you, I have no plans on flipping my truck IF I ever get it. I was just making a point as to what I believe one could get for it as I just have a gut feeling the Tremor is going to be a real big deal once they start building them. To be honest, I'm willing to bet it will still be a crap shoot to get one if one orders it on the first day.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am buying to drive until it dies. My 2015 Edge has 135k miles, and will be handed down to my son next year when he turns 16 and I drive the Maverick. Hence the ability to wait. This will be far and away the most expensive vehicle I have bought, but I have things I am looking for in a daily driver. Most similarly specced would be much more. So I'm going to get it and drive for a decade plus as my wife will be up for the upgrade when we pay the Mav off.

Mind you not being critical (nor do I think you were). Just stating my logic. I think that Ford did an amazing job of creating a good value vehicle that can hit a number of price and option points depending on what a customer wants.

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am buying to drive until it dies. My 2015 Edge has 135k miles, and will be handed down to my son next year when he turns 16 and I drive the Maverick. Hence the ability to wait. This will be far and away the most expensive vehicle I have bought, but I have things I am looking for in a daily driver. Most similarly specced would be much more. So I'm going to get it and drive for a decade plus as my wife will be up for the upgrade when we pay the Mav off.

Mind you not being critical (nor do I think you were). Just stating my logic. I think that Ford did an amazing job of creating a good value vehicle that can hit a number of price and option points depending on what a customer wants.
Nope, no criticism and I knew where you were coming from. Unless something unforeseen happens, this will be my last truck I buy so hence the agonizing over what to buy and my mood swings. LOL.

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Personally I don't see a Tremor hanging with a BS Badlands when it gets choppy. Not to say the new rear end wont help but if if pushed to their limits the BS is more capable and will be ahead.

I do look forward to seeing the first dealer mark up on a Mav Tremor though. Should be spicy!
The thing with the BS Bad is that it has a shorter wheelbase and the departure angle is better than the approach angle. Basically if it can get in there and doesnt high center, its going through. I was running some geometry that even if we can lift the Tremor 2" over stock with its upgraded CVs, we wont make it to those angles with the Mavericks wheelbase and rear hangover. But longer wheelbase can occasionally be good for getting up and over certain obstacles. And that rear overhang, mean you get to fit more camping gear or what have you. Also if you take out the spare I think we can put a winch under the Mavericks bed better than the Bronco Sport.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The thing with the BS Bad is that it has a shorter wheelbase and the departure angle is better than the approach angle. Basically if it can get in there and doesnt high center, its going through. I was running some geometry that even if we can lift the Tremor 2" over stock with its upgraded CVs, we wont make it to those angles with the Mavericks wheelbase and rear hangover. But longer wheelbase can occasionally be good for getting up and over certain obstacles. And that rear overhang, mean you get to fit more camping gear or what have you. Also if you take out the spare I think we can put a winch under the Mavericks bed better than the Bronco Sport.
Yea that's probably why they didn't bother giving the maverick rock crawl mode or the front camera. They also left the rear bumper untouched so the departure angle is pretty much stock outside of the lift.

This is really my only gripe with the Tremor, is that sacrificing 4k capability for the offroad that doesn't seem to make it much more capable than a fx4 model or really any awd model. It's a steep trade off to me. But it does look damn good!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yea that's probably why they didn't bother giving the maverick rock crawl mode or the front camera. They also left the rear bumper untouched so the departure angle is pretty much stock outside of the lift.

This is really my only gripe with the Tremor, is that sacrificing 4k capability for the offroad that doesn't seem to make it much more capable than a fx4 model or really any awd model. It's a steep trade off to me. But it does look damn good!
Yeah it really seems that the 2 factors for no 4k on the it are cooling, that they couldnt fit the bigger radiator. And the softer rear springs(indicated by payload/gross weight inconsistencies). If we end up able to get it. I am going to definitely add air bags to the rear springs, I was gonna do that any ways. Then its just cooling. Perhaps there will be a aftermarket radiator that or fan that is equivilent to the 4K model. Maybe I can just cut plastic like Buschur does for the intercooler. Hard to say till I get it. To me for 4000lb of rare towing, I could care less about following regulations on such a low amount anyways.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3. Some who order will get them very early as Ford will be anxious to get them out in circulation and of course there will not be the usual Hybrid constraints to deal with. Some will start seeing their Tremors right after the first of the year.
This is what I'm wondering about. I have an existing October hybrid order that is likely getting rolled over. If I switched that to a Tremor I would in theory have a really early spot in line.

Of course I could probably switch to a non-lux equipped regular Eco-boost and get the same treatment. I don't really need a Tremor but I do like the interior treatment. But interior alone is probably only worth the money to me if it got me the truck very quickly.

My concern with Tremor is this- will there be some sort of separate limited allocations to dealers for Tremor packages? What if my rollover order is #3 in line at my dealer and they only get 2 Tremors for 2023? I have zero experience with Ford other than this Maverick business so maybe that is not a problem and Tremor doesn't impact allocations at all.

emkobg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my humble opinion the Maverick Tremor is overrated by the media. No FOX shocks. The locking dif is something 80% of the buyers don't know how and when to use. No significant ground clearance. No high output engine. No auxiliary switches for accessories, such as a light bar, flood lights, winch. It looks cool, but it is just a appearance package. The Lariat trim level will be in the 40s and mid 30s for XLT. If you really want to go off roading, you are better off with a XL Ranger that is build on a frame and can be jacked up another 6 inches with some serious tires. What we really want is a ST version with a 2.3T and a 6speed MT. Some low profile tires and drift capability like the Focus RS
Sponsored