First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a lot of hard technical information on the Tremor at this point other than some references to the Bronco Sport Badlands. The Badlands inspired nose, it's front skid plate, the twin clutch rear drive, one inch taller shocks and probably the 235 Wildpeak T/As.

Everyone knows of the Escape C2 platform relationship to the BS and the Maverick but how did they get from there to here. The best article I've read on the evolution from Escape to BS was from Motor Trend linked below. To my knowledge the MAV isn't Sport spec though probably most if not all of the C2 toughening items apply to the truck.

Now we get to the Tremor which imo is a little less a truck and more a Badlands. That is it's appeal to me for my perceived needs after a tire upgrade.
How far the Tremor goes to the wild side remains to be seen, but I see the reduction in payload and tow rating suggests softer springs and sway bars allowing a little better articulation with stiffer shocks to handle off road hits.

Part wishful thinking part pure speculation on my end.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2021-ford-bronco-sport-escape-suspension-awd-systems-explained/
Sponsored

Last edited:

rjvandoel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze LT 16, Odyssey EX-L 23, Maverick XLT 23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Regarding performance off road. I think Iā€™ll excel in sand and mud and light trails. This is no rock crawler. I think perfect for someone starting to dip their toes in the activity.

I do believe thereā€™s been extensive info on Tremor pieces. A handful of videos. I know the differential has been discussed.

OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Regarding performance off road. I think Iā€™ll excel in sand and mud and light trails. This is no rock crawler. I think perfect for someone starting to dip their toes in the activity.

I do believe thereā€™s been extensive info on Tremor pieces. A handful of videos. I know the differential has been discussed.
Rock crawl, no, nor is the Sport.
I'd happy to hear more info if you'd care to share. If I'm mistaken, correct me, I won't be offended.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rock crawl, no, nor is the Sport.
I'd happy to hear more info if you'd care to share. If I'm mistaken, correct me, I won't be offended.
The sport actually comes with rock crawl modes, a front camera, and the hood shape actually has lines to tell you center of tires to help with approach, front and rear bumpers both angeled for better departure and there are other things that make it a soft crawler.

To me the Tremor comes off as a soft trail blaster.

OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The sport actually comes with rock crawl modes, a front camera, and the hood shape actually has lines to tell you center of tires to help with approach, front and rear bumpers both angeled for better departure and there are other things that make it a soft crawler.
To me the Tremor comes off as a soft trail blaster.
LOL, I like the soft crawler comment, accurate.
I ordered and took delivery of a 2022 Badlands so I know quite a bit about them. Son and daughter in law needed it more than I did. She loves her black beauty. What I know about the BSBL led me to order a Tremor which better fits my need.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually like the Tremor and seriously considered ordering one for a while. The only thing I have against it and it made me nervous and hope I am wrong is the fact I felt in the end this thing would be a crap shoot to get. So in essence "wasting" my one chance to order a Maverick this cycle. I dunno, maybe everyone who ordered one will get one, I hope so, but I feel more confident with my FX/4 package instead.

It would have been nice if Ford had done with the Maverick as it does with the Ranger and that is offer the locking diff as a stand alone option with the FX/4 package. I think I may have liked having it when off road up in my woodlot not that I have every gotten big time stuck with my current FX/4.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The only BS part I think I would miss is the front camera. But I think that was only on in rock crawl mode.

It will be interesting when people finally started getting Tremor and post first hand what it is like.

I would like to see side by side look at the undercarriage.

I have been lurking in the BS badlands form trying to see if I can find out any useful info.
Someone on the BS form posted a good write up of adding extra fuses to the fuse box for off road accessories. I don't know if any of it would carry over to the tremor but it may.

I am sure it will take some time before I get my Tremor but it should be here faster then a hybrid would be.

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor
I actually like the Tremor and seriously considered ordering one for a while. The only thing I have against it and it made me nervous and hope I am wrong is the fact I felt in the end this thing would be a crap shoot to get. So in essence "wasting" my one chance to order a Maverick this cycle. I dunno, maybe everyone who ordered one will get one, I hope so, but I feel more confident with my FX/4 package instead.

It would have been nice if Ford had done with the Maverick as it does with the Ranger and that is offer the locking diff as a stand alone option with the FX/4 package. I think I may have liked having it when off road up in my woodlot not that I have every gotten big time stuck with my current FX/4.
I get what you are saying. My buddy ordered an FX4 at the same time as I ordered the Tremor, and he is rightly more confident than I am about receiving the truck in a timely manner. Hell, or receiving it at all. I'm hoping that since the Tremor is it's own body code, that I will get lucky and they will push some out early. There were only 2 Tremors ordered at my dealership the last time I asked so fingers crossed.

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Soft trail blaster" sounds just like what I want. I really want to see how they handle snow. Spring time mud should be fun too. My first need in a vehicle is get me to work in any weather. Second I want it to be small, fun and sporty.

My fx4 should be here soon. I have a tremor order in also. Now it's a question of when does baby tremor get here , and can or should, I keep both.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I hear ya. My dealer placed 80 orders during the brief open but only 3 Tremors so I felt a little better over that mix. Still a crap shoot but I won't be walking if it falls through, knew that up front.

Funny about the locking rear. In the BAP Advanced 4WD is still a separate option block with a $2200 ticket even though it's a given with the Tremor and you cannot option it alone. It might have been a consideration that sadly died a marketing death.

My son and I tested the twin clutch BSBL locked and unlocked on the trail up into our family hunting camp. Don't tell the daughter in law šŸ˜² but it was his idea
Unlocked you could feel it looking for traction with wheel spin left to right but got the job done. Locked took the wheel spin to nil. Should note that locked we got some side slip with wheel spin like you would get in any normal locked rear. Didn't get that unlocked.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get what you are saying. My buddy ordered an FX4 at the same time as I ordered the Tremor, and he is rightly more confident than I am about receiving the truck in a timely manner. Hell, or receiving it at all. I'm hoping that since the Tremor is it's own body code, that I will get lucky and they will push some out early. There were only 2 Tremors ordered at my dealership the last time I asked so fingers crossed.
Here's hoping you get your truck and looking forward to seeing a real world review of it. (y)

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear ya. My dealer placed 80 orders during the brief open but only 3 Tremors so I felt a little better over that mix. Still a crap shoot but I won't be walking if it falls through, knew that up front.

Funny about the locking rear. In the BAP Advanced 4WD is still a separate option block with a $2200 ticket even though it's a given with the Tremor and you cannot option it alone. It might have been a consideration that sadly died a marketing death.

My son and I tested the twin clutch BSBL locked and unlocked on the trail up into our family hunting camp. Don't tell the daughter in law šŸ˜² but it was his idea
Unlocked you could feel it looking for traction with wheel spin left to right but got the job done. Locked took the wheel spin to nil. Should note that locked we got some side slip with wheel spin like you would get in any normal locked rear. Didn't get that unlocked.
Interesting. Thing is, I don't really think I will need it given the fact my current Ranger gets the job done other than maybe it would allow me to hit the lot earlier in the season before all the hardwoods leaf out. Oh, and did I mention the cool factor. That plays a part too. :ROFLMAO::p

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Soft trail blaster" sounds just like what I want. I really want to see how they handle snow. Spring time mud should be fun too. My first need in a vehicle is get me to work in any weather. Second I want it to be small, fun and sporty.

My fx4 should be here soon. I have a tremor order in also. Now it's a question of when does baby tremor get here , and can or should, I keep both.
If you can, you should. :ROFLMAO:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its so funny when people say "its no rock crawler". Rock crawling, just like every other most popular form of activity, is boring and mostly suited to noobs with cameras. 99% of my best offroading we ever got was unfilmed because it was just plain to rough, to fast, and too dirty for anybody to try and get a camera on(this was when phones werent waterproof). We would rip around the woods, cross muddy rivers, climb snot slick hills and bank. I have been rock crawling a few times, its slow, usually hot and dry, and involves alot of waiting. Sorry but thats not the type of wheeling I care to do much.

The Tremor while not our main offroader will be perfect for what we plan to do. Which is get muddy, take the the neices and nephew out of their devices, climb some stuff, and never get stuck because we are just that good. Also it will make our 7 minute offroad commute to the road alot smoother when ever we leave the house.

As for DNA one thing I can tell you is that the shocks are very different from any other Maverick. They are more similar to the HOSS shocks on the BS Badlands but still unique above them. I beleive they are stiffer and more fade resistent, with internal hydraulic stops and made to handle higher loads that the Bronco Sport(since its a truck).
Sponsored