First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We would rip around the woods, cross muddy rivers, climb snot slick hills and bank. I have been rock crawling a few times, its slow, usually hot and dry, and involves alot of waiting. Sorry but thats not the type of wheeling I care to do much.
I like a lot of things myself. I have a Bronco bought specifically for the more challenging, albeit slower rock crawling stuff, but its kind of too big for the fun 'through the woods' type stuff. which is where the Tremor is filling in the gap for me. Small and nimble by comparison, its a much better fit for the 'gettin wild in the woods' parties as we call them :)
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like a lot of things myself. I have a Bronco bought specifically for the more challenging, albeit slower rock crawling stuff, but its kind of too big for the fun 'through the woods' type stuff. which is where the Tremor is filling in the gap for me. Small and nimble by comparison, its a much better fit for the 'gettin wild in the woods' parties as we call them :)
I personally dont think rock crawling is any more challenging then a 30 or 40 ft dirt hill, straight up covered in slime and wet hole at the bottom. High rpm throttle modulation, wheelspeed, back and forth on the wheel, just to make it 5 ft from the top and have to slide it back down with jacking sideways. Of course since its a soft and slick, you dont have a fear of breaking things so you can try it again and again. Point is all terrain is challenging if you challenge yourself. I just think its pretentious when rock people only consider rock crawling a the most hardcore thing you can do offroad.

Like you said you like alot of things, I do too, but I tire of rock crawling being the one thing that every offroader must be measured by. It simply doesnt cover all the bases. A rock crawling rig would be buried in the southern mud pits, and a stretched wheelbase jeep would be like Austin Powerss trying to navigate ruts in the woods. The also wouldnt do well in the deep snow of the Arctic wheeling type. I dont feel offroading can really be put into any one box. Or measured by any one type of vehicle. That is of course any vehicle other that the Sherp! :ROFLMAO: But its not winning any races unless its a straight line race across Everest!

Ford Maverick Tremor DNA? 7Gb0JwAHaE6?w=233&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I started off roading with a 1946 CJ2A I bought with my own money when I was 16 and did all the woods crazy stuff for several years. It had a half cab canvas top and was my daily driver for work and school for two years, brrr. When in the Army repeated most of that stuff with M48,M60 tanks, APCs while torture testing prototype night vision systems for the yet to be built M1 Abrams. Mostly cooled it for awhile aside for some playing in the mountains with a couple 4X4 trucks I had during my child raising years. At 50 I discovered ATVs and consider myself lucky to be alive after ten years of toying with hopped up two strokes. I've got enough air time for a pilots license.
All that's in the past, mostly, I still like to put one up on it's hind legs.
I ordered a Tremor to go where I need to go anytime I choose to go there. I will be hard to step away from the Raptor, it's been a good 12 years but I think it may be bored with me.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I started off roading with a 1946 CJ2A I bought with my own money when I was 16 and did all the woods crazy stuff for several years. It had a half cab canvas top and was my daily driver for work and school for two years, brrr. When in the Army repeated most of that stuff with M48,M60 tanks, APCs while torture testing prototype night vision systems for the yet to be built M1 Abrams. Mostly cooled it for awhile aside for some playing in the mountains with a couple 4X4 trucks I had during my child raising years. At 50 I discovered ATVs and consider myself lucky to be alive after ten years of toying with hopped up two strokes. I've got enough air time for a pilots license.
All that's in the past, mostly, I still like to put one up on it's hind legs.
I ordered a Tremor to go where I need to go anytime I choose to go there. I will be hard to step away from the Raptor, it's been a good 12 years but I think it may be bored with me.
Ohio is definitely perfect Jeep country. I built, wheeled, broke, and rebuilt 3 of em over a 7 year period hitting all the flood plains, woods hills, and trails around Dayton and Springfield. Had a couple dozen spots to go so I never got bored. Plenty of buddies with beat up jeeps to play around in. We even tied a few jeeps together to cross a part of the Great Miami River once Camel Trophy style.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Bronco sport badlands has 7.4 inches of wheel travel .
I can't find the wheel travel of the standard Bronco sport or the standard Maverick.

But It sounds like the spring rates are different between BS and Maverick tremor. The BS badlands has stiffer springs then normal BS and the Maverick has softer springs then the normal Maverick.

Will the Tremor get the enhanced bump stops of the BS badlands?

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Bronco sport badlands has 7.4 inches of wheel travel .
I can't find the wheel travel of the standard Bronco sport or the standard Maverick.

But It sounds like the spring rates are different between BS and Maverick tremor. The BS badlands has stiffer springs then normal BS and the Maverick has softer springs then the normal Maverick.

Will the Tremor get the enhanced bump stops of the BS badlands?
I hope it gets improved bumps stops.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any reason to think the final drive ratio is not 3.81 same as the 4k tow package?

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor
Any reason to think the final drive ratio is not 3.81 same as the 4k tow package?
That's a good question. I assumed it was different, but I didn't have any good reason to do so.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

3.81 would be logical so it would be the same as the bronco sport Badlands and then there would be more shared parts. With the twin clutch rear differential having the same ratio between both vehicles.
But some time ago there was a post with specifications that showed it not having the lower gear ratio.
We may have to wait a few months until somebody actually has a tremor in their driveway and can measure it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3.81 would be logical so it would be the same as the bronco sport Badlands and then there would be more shared parts. With the twin clutch rear differential having the same ratio between both vehicles.
But some time ago there was a post with specifications that showed it not having the lower gear ratio.
In fact all the Sports 3&4cyl have the 3.81 gear front and rear as they must match ratios in an AWD layout. The 3.81 would be a shared BSport/Mav 4K ratio. Might as well share the BL twin clutch ratio with the Tremor.

The specs you're referring to is the Ford PDF handout that says 3.63std and 3.81opt with 4K, short and simple.

I do remember one youtube video Tremor review with a girl Ford engineer answering questions at Holly Oaks ORV Park in which the 3.81 was mentioned and that has stuck in my head like a bad tune.

Logically the Tremor needs the 3.81 to swing it's bigger heavier std tire. The only other way to get that tire is with the 3.81 4K.

OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Memory was half right, the 3.81 mention wasn't in the video it was in text. At my age I'll chock it up as a win.

"With a 4.69-to-one first gear and 3.81-to-one final drive ratio, the vehicle ends up multiplying the 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four engine’s considerable 277 lb-ft of torque by only up to a factor of 18."

I searched the forum for this Autopian article and couldn't find it so I'll link it.

https://www.theautopian.com/i-took-...emors-off-road-hardware-heres-what-i-learned/

Hope the gear is the 3.81 but I'm not gonna bet any money based on this one article.

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope it has the 3.81 and it makes sense to but the Ford papers I have seen say 3.63. But they also says 10 spd auto in the order guide so I dont have a lot faith in them either.

The final drive ratio is not changed in the diff on the BS and Maverick. It is changed in the transmission. All the diffs are the same.

Honestly a .18 ratio change isn't even worth doing. It's about the same a 1 inch tire size change. It's 4.7 percent, 4% used to be considered good front to rear diff match for off road use.

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope it has the 3.81 and it makes sense to but the Ford papers I have seen say 3.63. But they also says 10 spd auto in the order guide so I dont have a lot faith in them either.

The final drive ratio is not changed in the diff on the BS and Maverick. It is changed in the transmission. All the diffs are the same.

Honestly a .18 ratio change isn't even worth doing. It's about the same a 1 inch tire size change. It's 4.7 percent, 4% used to be considered good front to rear diff match for off road use.
It is 3.81. See other threads and page 37 of the Ford 2023 towing guide.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/...2023_Ford_RVandTrailerTowingGuide_r1_Dec1.pdf

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost