2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is what I'm wondering about. I have an existing October hybrid order that is likely getting rolled over. If I switched that to a Tremor I would in theory have a really early spot in line.

Of course I could probably switch to a non-lux equipped regular Eco-boost and get the same treatment. I don't really need a Tremor but I do like the interior treatment. But interior alone is probably only worth the money to me if it got me the truck very quickly.

My concern with Tremor is this- will there be some sort of separate limited allocations to dealers for Tremor packages? What if my rollover order is #3 in line at my dealer and they only get 2 Tremors for 2023? I have zero experience with Ford other than this Maverick business so maybe that is not a problem and Tremor doesn't impact allocations at all.
I was watching Tim's video yesterday on the changes for the 2023 Ford Ranger and he mentioned the Splash Package that includes Eruption Green and that they are limiting them to 750. He said the splash packages last year were limited to 500 and his dealership was only allocated ONE of those. I don't know if Tremor is a limited one or not, but thats a good idea to check around if they are only allowing one or two per dealer.
Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gotta be a realistic. We bought Mavericks because we are somewhat frugal, right ?

$4,500 for an extra inch of clearance, a new front plate and a few orange accents seems pretty steep to me.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was watching Tim's video yesterday on the changes for the 2023 Ford Ranger and he mentioned the Splash Package that includes Eruption Green and that they are limiting them to 750. He said the splash packages last year were limited to 500 and his dealership was only allocated ONE of those. I don't know if Tremor is a limited one or not, but thats a good idea to check around if they are only allowing one or two per dealer.
That is exactly the sort of stuff I was thinking about. And I donā€™t know Ford well enough to know if Tremor is like that or more like say the FX4 package- readily available.

And of course the wildcard might be that this year Ford only has say 5,000 sets of Tremor bits for Maverick and so is going to restrict the number going to each dealer.

Also Iā€™m assuming that to get the Tremor package you have to add the AWD package too. So total cost to get into Tremor is 2.0 Eco-boost + AWD package + Tremor package.

BTW- that Ranger video also might explain why I canā€™t get Eruption Green on my Maverick. It may only be included with options we donā€™t get on Maverick.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Of course no way of knowing for sure, but here goes anyway. What say you?

1. Order it extremely early or you will not get one like maybe Day 1.

2. If you get one, you would be able to flip it for at least 45K for XLT, 50K for Lariat.

3. Some who order will get them very early as Ford will be anxious to get them out in circulation and of course there will not be the usual Hybrid constraints to deal with. Some will start seeing their Tremors right after the first of the year.

3. The other manufacturers are going to accelerate their own compact off road capable trucks as the Tremor is going to take the off road scene by storm. Small, capable and much more economical as anything Jeep is making or even Bronco Badlands or Squatch. There are many videos now that show the standard or FX/4 Mav doing very well or at least acceptable against Tacos, Colorados and the like. The Tremor will bring it's A game.
Not having 4k is a deal breaker for me.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also Iā€™m assuming that to get the Tremor package you have to add the AWD package too. So total cost to get into Tremor is 2.0 Eco-boost + AWD package + Tremor package.
AWD isn't included otherwise it'd literally be a better deal than an FX4.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is what I'm wondering about. I have an existing October hybrid order that is likely getting rolled over. If I switched that to a Tremor I would in theory have a really early spot in line.

Of course I could probably switch to a non-lux equipped regular Eco-boost and get the same treatment. I don't really need a Tremor but I do like the interior treatment. But interior alone is probably only worth the money to me if it got me the truck very quickly.

My concern with Tremor is this- will there be some sort of separate limited allocations to dealers for Tremor packages? What if my rollover order is #3 in line at my dealer and they only get 2 Tremors for 2023? I have zero experience with Ford other than this Maverick business so maybe that is not a problem and Tremor doesn't impact allocations at all.
I see it as a roll of the dice. It could work in your favor or could go south on you. Some have mentioned that dealers may be allocated a certain number of them. I will ask my dealer how many Tremors he is ordering besides mine and how many have reserved ahead of me? Should be easy info to get. I am also prepared to shift my colour to Shadow Black and get the Black appearance package. I realize I am a bit all over the place but what the hell, it is only the beginning of August so lots of time to check out all options.

In my humble opinion the Maverick Tremor is overrated by the media. No FOX shocks. The locking dif is something 80% of the buyers don't know how and when to use. No significant ground clearance. No high output engine. No auxiliary switches for accessories, such as a light bar, flood lights, winch. It looks cool, but it is just a appearance package. The Lariat trim level will be in the 40s and mid 30s for XLT. If you really want to go off roading, you are better off with a XL Ranger that is build on a frame and can be jacked up another 6 inches with some serious tires. What we really want is a ST version with a 2.3T and a 6speed MT. Some low profile tires and drift capability like the Focus RS
That right there is what makes life so interesting. Differing opinions and approaches on things. My idea of low profile tires, a stick and drifting make me run in the other direction. At my age I am drifty enough. Do not need a new rig to enhance it. :ROFLMAO: I actually think the Tremor package offers a lot for the money but of course I am a Falken A/T tire fanboy so they would be a big investment for me right off the bat on a standard AWD. Add the 4x4 locker, those awesome looking wheels and I also be thinking that Trail Control would be nice on those icy coke bottle back roads in winter. Not sure about that though, Have to try that theory first.

Gotta be a realistic. We bought Mavericks because we are somewhat frugal, right ?

$4,500 for an extra inch of clearance, a new front plate and a few orange accents seems pretty steep to me.
Well, without the appearance package all the toys can be had for $2,995. It still does run my XLT AWD LUX to 33K which is above my budget for a budget truck, which does appear to defeat the purpose I came into this to begin with. So nothing on my end is cast in stone at this point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not having 4k is a deal breaker for me.
Oh yeah, for those of you that tow I can easily see where it would be. For me, I have used my hitch once in 17 years. I helped my next door neighbor move his small fishing boat from his front yard to out behind the barn. About 150 feet. I got to drink free Heineken's the rest of the afternoon. :p:ROFLMAO:

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally I don't see a Tremor hanging with a BS Badlands when it gets choppy. Not to say the new rear end wont help but if if pushed to their limits the BS is more capable and will be ahead.

I do look forward to seeing the first dealer mark up on a Mav Tremor though. Should be spicy!
Going up steep rocky roads like ball bearing with a tire change it made it up from dig in and can't make it to simply driving up it was doing what people do with 4wd low can do. Haven't gotten stuck and I tried grass hill that was muddy on a 12 degree slope. Went up easy tried loose rock hill at 16 degree slope toyo at 3 made it up the scorpion fx4 tires didn't a 93 Mazda b3000 did it on 4 low and a 2016 f150 also did it in 4 low swapping. They could do it with Street truck tires

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pricing out what I plan to order (Lariat, Lux, Tremor, Moonroof) it'll be right at 40k. I can't see the market bearing out a profit as interest rates rise after taxes, registration, etc.
I took these pics at Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville, AL when I took my Mav in for a service.

Ford Maverick General Tremor Predictions D8C32595-4A1B-489D-B7FA-115506F2EC0C

Ford Maverick General Tremor Predictions 2986CB6A-016D-4ED3-B795-F5AB04F408AC

Ford Maverick General Tremor Predictions DCBE77DE-486B-4199-9C2F-7C5D2954C5BE

twoquickcapri

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are two Splash Packages. A normal one that can be added to any XLT/Lariat in the normal colors and the Forest/Sand editions that were limited to 500 each. In MY23 Eruption Green is the limit special edition of the Splash Package while you can still order a normal Splash Package in all of the other colors.

Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The more I think about it the more I think for me I'd skip the Tremor and just order a regular AWD Eco-boost. I don't need the performance, the tires would probably be louder on the highway and the milage worse. And if someone really needs the package I don't see the need to one away from them if they are limited.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took these pics at Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville, AL when I took my Mav in for a service.

D8C32595-4A1B-489D-B7FA-115506F2EC0C.jpeg

2986CB6A-016D-4ED3-B795-F5AB04F408AC.jpeg

DCBE77DE-486B-4199-9C2F-7C5D2954C5BE.jpeg
Nice! I've got my GT GameDay shirt on... Almost football season

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The more I think about it the more I think for me I'd skip the Tremor and just order a regular AWD Eco-boost. I don't need the performance, the tires would probably be louder on the highway and the milage worse. And if someone really needs the package I don't see the need to one away from them if they are limited.
I as well. Thinking of the FX/4 package now instead to get those black wheels and 6.5" screen and save $2,200.00. The Falkens will give you a hit on mileage but I gotta have them for winter performance and crappy back roads. Two things I am sure you do not have to deal wit in SoCal. Note though, the Falkens are a very quiet tire. I am a bit hard of hearing so I noticed no change in noise factor when I put them on the wife's Cherokee over the stock Continentals the same tire as on the AWD,

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Falkens will give you a hit on mileage but I gotta have them for winter performance and crappy back roads. Two things I am sure you do not have to deal wit in SoCal. Note though, the Falkens are a very quiet tire. I am a bit hard of hearing so I noticed no change in noise factor when I put them on the wife's Cherokee over the stock Continentals the same tire as on the AWD,
Good to know about the noise level on the Falkens. Even though I'm in agreement with the "cheap and cheerful is better" school of thought on the Maverick I keep thinking I want a Lariat to get the acoustic glass. I really enough a quiet cabin.

No winter here beyond rain and I'm not a skier so no snow driving in my future. I toy on and off with buying an older Toyota Land Cruiser because I think they are cool but I keep coming back to just not needing the capabilities they offer. Maverick Tremor is in the same basic position for me. Can't even say I need it for mall crawling because I hardly go to the mall anymore. :)

But glad those sorts of vehicles are out there for people who need them on a daily basis for a significant part of the year.