Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What code did you use?
The middle part aka **** xxxx **** applies to whether you have a left turn signal stalk with or without lane keep assist.
Yes I caught that and used the correct one according to the post. Actually today after posting i did get it to at least vibrate the steeing wheel when I selected the level of intensity. And I got a symbol to appear that looks like a lane with a partial circle with arrowhead on it with a slash (think no smoking sign) through the whole thing. This small symbol stayed grey. Not sure whats up. It definitely worked, OCCASIONALLY, beforehand. So I probably just dont know what I'm doing. But TBH I'll take the cruise over that anyday.
Sponsored

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, so I have an XLT with FX4 package and am confused on how to add the Eco/Sport modes to my Mud&Ruts, Slippery, Normal, and trailer modes. I don' t want to lose any modes, I only want to add to my current modes. The instructions are NOT the clearest when I read them over for what I am wanting. Thanks.

Last edited:

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I missed it but has anyone added all the drive modes to any hybrid models like adding sand or rut mode? Also if you make changes using FORScan does that void your warranty? Thanks in advance for the help.
I did - works fine.

bravesfan10c

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red XLT FX4 AWD LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The auto start/stop button still works and I get a console notification that it's being turned off/on. I used the forscan version from their site and followed these instructions. If I need to use another procedure I can restore and try again.

1647010286212.png
This was the clearest set of instructions on this post. I used the latest software release and this worked for me. XFT, FX4. Unlocked al drive modes.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cant wait to hear back from someone with FX4 that tries this
I just did this yesterday to my 2.0 AWD FX4 4K TOW Maverick, added Sport and Eco modes. It seemed super easy once I figured out how Forscan works. Now I have all 7 modes showing:
  • Normal
  • Tow/Haul
  • Slippery
  • Sand
  • Mud/Ruts
  • Eco
  • Sport
I've tested them and there is a dramatic difference between Sport and Eco. Also I noticed that when you're driving, at the bottom of the Instrument Cluster, it shows what mode you're in. Sport is noticeably red. Additionally, I disabled Seatbelt Chimes for driver and passenger, disabled Door Open (while engine running) Chime, and (last but not least) Auto Stop Start.

Sponsored

bravesfan10c

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red XLT FX4 AWD LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Additionally, I disabled Seatbelt Chimes for driver and passenger, disabled Door Open (while engine running) Chime, and (last but not least) Auto Stop Start.
Where all these done with Forscan? If so, do you have info on what changes need to made?

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where all these done with Forscan? If so, do you have info on what changes need to made?
Yes, all done with Forscan. The instructions could be better. Tried once to figure it out with no success and posted here. Then someone told me you need the latest version, which ends in .147 and has specific features added for the Maverick. I had the .146 so upgraded to .147 and everything was in plain English, no spreadsheet needed and no mods to the "as built" files, which are all codes. I ended up figuring it out how to do it by trial and error. Basically you can back up each module using the "as built" files, then update the software in the module that doesn't say "as built." (example: you'll see an ABS file and another ABS AS-BUILT file). I'm attaching a screenshot showing changes in the ABS module for the drive modes. Keep in mind that when you disable "ABS" it has nothing to do with your brakes, you're just allowing a different configuration to the drive modes than what it came with from the factory. Here are the changes I made:

ABS MODULE
disabled ABS
enabled Sport, Eco modes

BCM MODULE (BODY CONTROL MODULE)
disabled BMS / Auto Start Stop system

IPC MODULE (INTEGRATED CONTROL PANEL, OR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER NAVIGATION)
disabled Auto Stop Start
disabled Chimes - Driver Belt Minder
disabled Chimes - Passenger Belt Minder
disabled Chimes - Vehicle running with door open (2-Manual Transmission)

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) abs changes 1

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can someone explain what purpose disabling ABS in order to get Sport and Eco modes enabled? I don't want ABS disabled, but want Eco/Sport modes.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can someone explain what purpose disabling ABS in order to get Sport and Eco modes enabled? I don't want ABS disabled, but want Eco/Sport modes.
It's been explained before, but when you disable ABS right above the drive modes in Forscan, you are not disabling the ABS braking system. Makes perfect sense doesn't it? (Not)

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's been explained before, but when you disable ABS right above the drive modes in Forscan, you are not disabling the ABS braking system. Makes perfect sense doesn't it? (Not)

That bothers me. If disabling ABS doesn't really disable ABS then what else could FORScan possibly be messing up?

Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Search this thread for your answer. Or if it scares you too much, just play it safe and leave Forscan alone.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That bothers me. If disabling ABS doesn't really disable ABS then what else could FORScan possibly be messing up?
There was another post a few pages back. If you change drive modes in easy mode you have to disable ABS. But if you use the other (difficult?) mode, you don't have to. I've pasted it below:

Ok I think I got this one
A. I think is the shortcut code to make all drive modes selectable.
B.there isn’t one OP is just letting us know what happens if you only do half the procedure
C. I have all seven modes on my xl awd using method 2. Using method 2 you don’t have to do anything in easy mode.
D. You disable the abs option in easy mode if not doing method 2.
E. It can and has been done in easy mode. I personally don’t like using easy mode cause you can’t see what it’s actually doing. And doing method 2 is still pretty easy.

All you need to do is go in to abs as built and change
760-04-01 code to
xxxx-xxxx-x0xx the x’s are w/e they are on your truck. Just need to change the third from last digit to 0

And change
760-04-03 to
0000-0001-EB5A

That gives you all seven drive modes working.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was another post a few pages back. If you change drive modes in easy mode you have to disable ABS. But if you use the other (difficult?) mode, you don't have to. I've pasted it below:

Ok I think I got this one
A. I think is the shortcut code to make all drive modes selectable.
B.there isn’t one OP is just letting us know what happens if you only do half the procedure
C. I have all seven modes on my xl awd using method 2. Using method 2 you don’t have to do anything in easy mode.
D. You disable the abs option in easy mode if not doing method 2.
E. It can and has been done in easy mode. I personally don’t like using easy mode cause you can’t see what it’s actually doing. And doing method 2 is still pretty easy.

All you need to do is go in to abs as built and change
760-04-01 code to
xxxx-xxxx-x0xx the x’s are w/e they are on your truck. Just need to change the third from last digit to 0

And change
760-04-03 to
0000-0001-EB5A

That gives you all seven drive modes working.
I am not sure what ABS drive mode exactly controls but there are other "drive modes" that are not selectable that work in conjunction with the selectable ones the way ABS does like EPAS for example which provides custom electric power steering assist to your selected drive mode. You disable that EPAS will still work with the drive modes just it will be a generic correction method instead. The only way to actually disable EPAS outright is to do so in the PSCM (power steering control module). If you disabled it there for instance the EPAS drive mode would not work period enabled or not.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Search this thread for your answer. Or if it scares you too much, just play it safe and leave Forscan alone.
Exactly no one is under any obligation to modify their vehicles. The information here is mostly trial and error discovered and hardly authorative. Proceed at your own risk is the operating method here and if one screws it up see the first sentence.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not sure what ABS drive mode exactly controls but there are other "drive modes" that are not selectable that work in conjunction with the selectable ones the way ABS does like EPAS for example which provides custom electric power steering assist to your selected drive mode.
Not sure I understand what you just said. But having been a programmer and the fact that I backed up each module before writing to it, I was willing to risk modifying the software. The fact that v.147 is the beta version, you have to assume some risk. Also I thought, just to see if disabling ABS affected my braking, I plan to try hitting the brakes in each drive mode to see if I can make it skid. When I do I'll post here. Thank you Maverick 2022XL for all your guidance.
Sponsored