Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Coming from daily driving a 30 (now 31) year old Jeep... There is no rattle that I even notice lol. Every car I have ever owned has had some sort of rattle or buzz. My Maverick is #17.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post,I have had the same rattle in the right of dash since day one,have not reported it though as I tend to turn up music when its happening
I do not know for sure if I fixed my rattle or it just stopped. Mine was intermittent and has not happened since I folded itsy bitsy piece of paper and wedged it between the grill in top of dash at it's edge to hold it tight.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I enjoy videos that are a bit more productive - like what was the results AFTER you had it in for service. What was the fix ? Im not against a "this sucks " video but give your service dept a chance to remedy the complaint before unloading and going nuclear saying its going to Carmax. I also love the response posts where others state " Im rethinking my purchase of a Maverick due to your complaints " hahahahaha Really ???

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ozuye10

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll be posting another video of the noise it’s making. According to the research I’ve done, which has been extensive, Ford hasn’t done anything to correct the issue and it’s very well known. Service department doesn’t seem to know any fixes beside replacing the windshield. Actually getting the windshield replaced takes months and multiple service appointments. I could blast the radio, have a fog horn sounding, and dogs barking and the rattle will still be plenty present. Been on the phone with 4 different departments at Ford where it’s been all talk and no action. I shouldn’t have to deal with this in a brand new vehicle.

Harleystreetbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
harley electra glide maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not know for sure if I fixed my rattle or it just stopped. Mine was intermittent and has not happened since I folded itsy bitsy piece of paper and wedged it between the grill in top of dash at it's edge to hold it tight.
thought I seen on here about year ago someone did the same

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes that is the same rattle as mine,I have to turn up music as it drives me nuts sometimes
That rattle is only going to go away when your windshield is pulled off and resealed.

Mine did that when I bought it. Real bad. A rock cracked my window 12 days after I bought it. After Safelite replace the windshield, the rattle was gone.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry I couldn't continue watching this whiny, depressive video. I definitely won't subscribe to this channel. LOL.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ozuye10

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry I couldn't continue watching this whiny, depressive video. I definitely won't subscribe to this channel. LOL.
Letting people know about issues I’m having with the truck isn’t whining. These are things that thousands of people will have to deal with.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Letting people know about issues I’m having with the truck isn’t whining. These are things that thousands of people will have to deal with.
It wasn't the fact that you choose to inform us with a video. The video sounded like you were strung out on downers. Sorry, I didn't make it through a minute. I hope your issues are resolved by Ford though.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine doesn't have any squeaks or rattles. Once I "moved in" as far as all the things I have in the side pockets and cubbies, those things make noises over bumps and stuff.

My daughter's Accord had a buzz vibration that 3 trips to the dealer couldn't fix. I took a business card and wedged it between the interior panels and the problem was solved.

Personally I wouldn't raise a fuss over such a minor issue. I didn't hear rattles in your video.

OP
OP
Ozuye10

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It wasn't the fact that you choose to inform us with a video. The video sounded like you were strung out on downers. Sorry, I didn't make it through a minute. I hope your issues are resolved by Ford though.
Fair enough friend, I appreciate it.
Sponsored