Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the dealers do have a list, because when my salesperson called to say that my 22 was not happening, he mentioned my VIN being on "the list of cancelled vins". I wish I had asked for more details, but quite frankly I had steam coming out of my ears at that point.
Sponsored

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
Other people on here have claimed that dealers already received a list of affected VINs from Ford. Is this true?

My Maverick is scheduled for the 12/5 week and the memo stated that only 12/12 week ordered will be canceled, so my dealer thinks that my order is still being built as a ‘22. This seems to imply that dealers DID NOT receive a list of VINs that will be canceled.
That seems to imply that your dealer has not read their recent communiques from FMC.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim has proven over and over to be a reliable source of information. What rings true in the original post is the part about the deliveries being delayed due to fuel costs, etc..

If Ford is going to continue with the custom order model they somehow have to address two things - the supply chain (and God knows how they do that) and communications. Both are monumental tasks because they can't control things like fuel prices and the market in general. Accurate communication are also difficult because of so many unforeseen circumstances.

If Ford can reduce delivery times to an average of 6 months and accurately communicate to customers where and why their orders stand it would eliminate a lot of the dissatisfaction.

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
If Ford can reduce delivery times to an average of 6 months and accurately communicate to customers where and why their orders stand it would eliminate a lot of the dissatisfaction.
What do you think is current average delivery time, and what are you basing that on?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you think is current average delivery time, and what are you basing that on?
Mine was 10 months which seems about average. Some people are waiting more than that based on posts here.

Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wall of Words - Hurts eyes - must look away
There are places, buildings actually, where they store paper based collections of words arranged into sentences, paragraphs, and chapters. When put together, these bound collections form "books"...

:geek:

But, yeah, with no breaks or paragraphs, that was hard to read. Even as much as I like to read (and type, apparently)

Alkaiser702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was 10 months which seems about average. Some people are waiting more than that based on posts here.
From what I gather, EB is probably in that ~10mo avg. Hybrid on the other hand seems to be tracking much slower. 2 days until my 1 year anniversary of ordering and I got one of those fancy cancelled VINs :LOL:

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim has proven over and over to be a reliable source of information. What rings true in the original post is the part about the deliveries being delayed due to fuel costs, etc..

If Ford is going to continue with the custom order model they somehow have to address two things - the supply chain (and God knows how they do that) and communications. Both are monumental tasks because they can't control things like fuel prices and the market in general. Accurate communication are also difficult because of so many unforeseen circumstances.

Once Ford ( and other car companies) run out of the excuse of the month, anything more than four months is unacceptable. The whole ordering thing is a pain in the neck. Just go back to having a bunch of choices at a dealer ten miles down the road.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once Ford ( and other car companies) run out of the excuse of the month, anything more than four months is unacceptable. The whole ordering thing is a pain in the neck. Just go back to having a bunch of choices at a dealer ten miles down the road.
Yeah 3-4 months would be ideal. Accurate information about order status is even more crucial.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't want to deal with the wait of custom ordering and just pick what's on the lot grab a Santa Cruz.

Sponsored

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone (10/20/2022 @ 1350 hrs) with a knowledgeable customer service rep. I expressed my concerns about being pushed back numerous times and wanted info on 22MY being pushed to a December production date. Whether or not what I have heard concerning MY22 with VIN and schedule being cancelled and will be rolled over into a 23MY. I was advised as of this date and time there is NO official word from Ford about that. Info from this forum (mavericktruckclub.com) and (FordAuthority.com) are just rumors. As it stands at this date and time, 22MY with a VIN and production date will be produced as a 22MY and NOT a 23MY. HOWEVER, Ford is in the process of assessing the situation and will be coming out with an official statement on any changes in production year. I was advised the ONLY place with factual information from Ford is (media.ford.com). All other sources of info is "rumor". Another reliable source of factual info can be obtained at (corporate.ford.com) which usually doesn't have as much info as the media site. I asked if the constraint situation is improving and was advised the constraints are indeed improving BUT the problem is getting the parts DELIVERED. The transportation situation is the main problem, getting the parts delivered. It was explained that truckers that have to go interstate have to pay fees and need paying loads wherever they go. In other words, can not afford to go anywhere without being loaded and if they are unable to secure a load, it kills them because of the cost of fuel. Local delivery is the preferred means for most truckers. So what you read on this site and "FordAuthority.com" take it for what it is. Concerns or clarifications can be addressed at Ford Customer Service (800) 334-4375‬. Hopefully you connect with a competent agent. You will need to provide the following information: Full name, address info, order code, dealer code, VIN if you have it. Good to check the status regularly on your order. My latest email from Ford indicated my production week had been moved to Dec 5th. However, customer service indicated that date has since been moved to Dec 19. Obviously Ford is going to have to make some decisions pretty soon concerning how to handle the number of 22MY Mavericks that need to be produced with years end coming soon. So take the rumors you hear and read about with a grain of sand. Not much to go on at this time from Ford (media.ford.com). I wish I had some good news to share but I at least wanted to let everyone know about my customer service experience. If and when the price of diesel fuel lowers then transportation will become less of an issue.
Talked to Ford CS today and she confirmed that the memo is real,she has seen it. She moved my build date from Dec 12 to Dec 19 which does not make sense . She said the problem is hydred
trans.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't want to deal with the wait of custom ordering and just pick what's on the lot grab a Santa Cruz.
They are ugly to me…..but the small Hyundai dealership in my town has at least 3…maybe 4 of those things on their lot.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's interesting... I mean it's obvious there are difficulties getting finished trucks delivered. Didn't realize it extended to getting parts delivered as well.
It's the "Just in Time" manufacturing nonsense. The THEORY that they get parts delivered just as they need them. Done because of tax rules and higher education idiots promotion. Depends of perfection and we know how that winds up.

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I gather, EB is probably in that ~10mo avg. Hybrid on the other hand seems to be tracking much slower. 2 days until my 1 year anniversary of ordering and I got one of those fancy cancelled VINs :LOL:
Ordered my Ecoboost XLT FX4 11-09-21. Rolled over to a 23 so close to a year so far
Sponsored