First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TL/DR customer service said my truck would get built as a 22 and it is.

I ordered an Ox White XLT lux pack EcoBoost AWD, 4k Fx4 with floor liners, full size spare and a smoke hood deflector on 11/26/21. I placed my order for exactly what I want (from the available options...would still like vented seats and keyless on an XLT) as this is my 1st ordered vehicle.

I stopped at my dealer early in March to check my order. I was given a copy of the memo to dealers showing the constrained items and recommended that I drop the lux pack or my truck wouldn't get built until MY23. I told the dealer I was going to let my order stay as is and we would see what happened with it. I really wanted the heated seats and wheel along with the other things in the luxury package.

I stopped back at the dealer early in April and was told the same thing. I told him the same thing again, let it ride I ordered it the way I did for a reason. I really WANT this as a 22, but I don't NEED it, so I will wait.

I called the Ford customer line after my 2nd conversation about having to drop options to get a 22. I was assured that Ford was doing everything they can to get all the retail orders built and looked up my order and said that it would get built as a 22. I asked who I was supposed to believe...the dealer telling my to drop lux pack according to the FMC memo or risk getting a 23, or the customer service line telling me not to worry.

This was my main frustration with the whole experience.
Minimal communication and when you do talk to them, you get vague and often conflicting info from different sources. I touched on this in another post, but please just give us factual information so we can make logical decisions.

I resigned myself to not getting my Maverick until 23 so I bought a cheap econobox used at a semi reasonable price that gets 33 mpg to drive back and forth to work to save fuel $ instead of driving my diesel.

So...yesterday I had to drive right past my dealer. I wanted to stop and put my name on the list for anyone not taking delivery of a build that is very close to mine. They said almost everyone is taking delivery and they have a long list of waiters for abandoned orders. He looked up my order number and...I have a buld week. June 6. My s/n is 78,xxx. Dealer said that they will honor X plan and it is price protected and incentives at the time of order apply.

I called a friend who has the same order as mine at the same dealer but with a sunroof and 3 weeks later to tell him my news. He said that he had talked to customer service on Wednesday and they didn't have a build date for him yet, but FMC is going to build all 22 orders as 22s. I hope for everyone involved that this is true.

Now to start dithering over moved build dates, production and shipping tracking.

As a side note, they had Hot Pepper Red 1st edition that had just been delivered to an employee and it looks fantastic in the sun.
Happy for you but upset that Ford is not doing what they shared they were going to do (built order as they were received). I have a 10/29 order, have written letters, and reached out to customer services on many occasions and haven't heard anything. I have resigned myself for my order to get push to 2023 instead of stressing about it, but deep inside hoping this is not the case.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HalfFast

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Happy for you but upset that Ford is not doing what they shared they were going to do (built order as they were received). I have a 10/29 order, have written letters, and reached out to customer services on many occasions and haven't heard anything. I have resigned myself for my order to get push to 2023 instead of stressing about it, but deep inside hoping this is not the case.
I am not sure what you ordered, but unfortunately constraints are still a thing. If it is any consolation, I have talked to to Ford customer service and so has a friend of mine with an order and they are saying that they shut off orders in time to build everyone's retail order this year. Ford cs says they aren't planning to roll any orders to 23. Who knows?

For your sake, I hope you get scheduled in the next go round.

I too was resigned to waiting for a 23 to the point I bought a cheap work car that I now have to sell in a few months and hope I don't lose my @ss.

I think it's a lucky scheduling car...wanna buy a 2008 Sentra?

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure what you ordered, but unfortunately constraints are still a thing. If it is any consolation, I have talked to to Ford customer service and so has a friend of mine with an order and they are saying that they shut off orders in time to build everyone's retail order this year. Ford cs says they aren't planning to roll any orders to 23. Who knows?

For your sake, I hope you get scheduled in the next go round.

I too was resigned to waiting for a 23 to the point I bought a cheap work car that I now have to sell in a few months and hope I don't lose my @ss.

I think it's a lucky scheduling car...wanna buy a 2008 Sentra?
Ya, thought it was at least a 50% probability that would get rolled over. So late last month decide to get the Ford Rewards Visa card. Will have 3k in the first 3 months as bought 150 gallons of heating oil and this week will be donating 1.5k to UMass Gridiron club all on the new charge card. Still plan on putting 3k down with it for the new truck. Now starting to think will use it to get the bed extended. Time will tell and as long as the stock market does not tank by 20%.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No co pilot
I have same eco-boost build, except I have co pilot ordered September 18, 2021.... must be the CO Pilot costing me the build?

SpaceyMac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat 360 2.5L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have a fleet order 10/18, that was balanced out and will now be a '23. Still hoping my consumer order Hybrid lariat Lux is completed as a '22 but am not holding my breath.

Sponsored

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I ordered on 06/28/21 and just received my VIN last week. According to my dealer my build date is May/June. That will put my wait at a year exactly if i get it in June/July.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was told that is one of the 2 MAJOR add ins that is holding up my vehicle from getting built!!
I’m thinking the same thing…. But I was moved to Priority 2, which means at least they are looking at it. Sadly it’s standard on the Bronco’s. So the bulk of them went to dealer stock sitting on lots.

TK1509

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Ford Customer Care was wrong for me today. I got on their Chat to check status. He gave me a VIN and said it was in Chicago. I was so excited so I looked up the VIN to confirm... it was an explorer so I called the 800 to check. They confirmed he was on the wrong page. I am still waiting. Talk about kicking a man who is down.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree on rather going to the dentist then to a car dealer. After this weekend, I have one that I would rather go to after the car dealer first. I got talking to someone and left my cell phone on the roof of my car. Three blocks later, I hear a sliding noise on the roof and glanced in the rearview mirror just in time to see it explode into pieces when it hit the road.

Verizon store told me about all the "free phone" after looking at my contract. My "free phone" only cost me $214 and $17 a month for 36 months and I ended up with a Motorola instead of a Samsung. The average person walking into a cell phone service store is nothing but a sacrificial lamb!!!!! IMHO....

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m thinking the same thing…. But I was moved to Priority 2, which means at least they are looking at it. Sadly it’s standard on the Bronco’s. So the bulk of them went to dealer stock sitting on lots.
For what it’s worth… called Ford Marketing this morning.. not helpful, only said Maverick is in “order processing”. I then went to Ford chat, the wait was about 30 minutes but worth it. They had no VIN but did tell me my Maverick has moved to Priority 2, that the best news since September 18th.

ehoog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord Sport
I ordered on 06/28/21 and just received my VIN last week. According to my dealer my build date is May/June. That will put my wait at a year exactly if i get it in June/July.
I ordered my hybrid XLT with lux package, co-pilot 360 and some other features on 7/19/2021 and still no vin or build date.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good luck to all that are waiting for your Maverick. Just to let you know what my ordering process was.
Placed my order on July 30,2021, Procaro Ford in Racine,Wi. RR First Edition Lariat Hybrid Luxury Package Copilot 360 floor mats window and hood deflector. Received on April 13th. Window sticker showed that the hood and window deflectors would be dealership installed.
So far, everything about the truck is all that I could ask for, exterior paint, fit and Finnish, both exterior and interior.
Did you get your DIO YET? FORD ships them to the dealer separate from the truck!
Sponsored