First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pre-emptive apologies if this is the wrong place to post. Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I placed an order excitedly in Summer '21. I had a Fiesta involved in the PowerShift class action settlement, so I was pretty happy about timing. I ordered a hybrid XLT. When the Fiesta exploded completely in January of '22, I replaced it with a Santa Cruz, hoping to get out of it without taking a massive haircut.

My build got scheduled in early February for the first week of March. Awesome, I thought. Delayed to late March, so I figured I'd call Ford Customer Service to see when I could expect delivery (to line up financing and selling my other car etc.) and to ask a few questions.

First, some kudos to Ford, it did sound like an American and she spoke English well. On the downsides - the lady on the other end of the line told me that 1) any increase in MSRP that's happened since September is "fair game" for my dealer to ask me to pay. 2) my private offer expires in early April and that "my dealer honoring it is completely elective" and the same with X-plan. and 3) the timeframe from production beginning to delivery at my dealer is expected to take 8-16 weeks.

I voiced my pretty vocal displeasure and so to get me off the line she offered me a hundred dollar gift card to the Ford merch store. Surprising no one, the e-gift card is defective and can't be redeemed on the site she linked in her email.

This whole experience has been totally crap. I've had at least two family members employed at Flat Rock or the Dearborn plant for my whole adult life, and despite the A/X Plan discount at a minimum, I can't help but feel I'll never order a Ford again. I know dealers get a lot of grief on this forum, but it seems like Ford corporate exhibits a complete lack of competence and control in this whole process start to finish.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
another santa claus guy wanting a Mav